Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Benjamin Auer (mankind117) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Benjamin Auer hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Benjamin Auer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benjamin Auer

Showing 1 - 10 of 49 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

You can backpack 12 months a year out here in the mid-atlantic
I realize this is not what the OP is interested in but if you want somewhere you can backpack 12 months a year I would argue that the mid-atlantic region of the east coast is the place. I live myse...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
February 15, 6:29am

Hoop stay in Ohm 2.0
A long time ago I tried a ULA circuit. I found that the hoop stay did not extend all the way to the bottom of the pack. It ended a couple inches above the bottom. I would have thought it would have...

In GEAR » Hoop stay in Ohm 2.0
February 11, 7:54am

Moment 2p
I shouldn't say that the double Moment couldn't handle some wind. I have the single moment which I agree is very wind worthy. The end struts are considerably longer in the double moment tha...

In GEAR » Double Moment
February 10, 9:54am

I have both
I have both of the tents in question. The Double Moment does have better ventilation because of the large openings at the ends. I wouldn't say it has any bigger a footprint than the stratospire...

In GEAR » Double Moment
February 09, 5:28pm

Black diamond speed 30 or 40 torso length
Does anyone have a Black Diamond speed 30 or 40, size large lying around. If so could you tell me what the measurement is from the bottom of the hipbelt to the shoulder strap attachment points as w...

In GEAR » Black diamond speed 30 or 40 torso length
February 06, 7:24am

VX-42
The material that the pack is made out of is VX-42 which is white on the inside so I don't have that problem of looking on black on the inside of the pack.

In GEAR » All black backpacks
January 12, 11:30am

All black backpacks
I recently got a backpack that is all black not thinking about it in sun. Does anyone have experience with using all black backpacks? Do find any issues with it getting too hot inside it for exampl...

In GEAR » All black backpacks
January 12, 8:28am

Six Moon Design Fusion spine length
Can anyone tell me what the length of the backpanel (bottom of hipbelt to load lifter attachments) on the six moon design fusion 65 is. I'm intrigued by this pack but I fear it may have the sam...

In GEAR » Six Moon Design Fusion spine length
January 04, 9:45am

I had issues with the catalyst as well
Your experience sounds similar to mine. I transitioned from an osprey aether to the catalyst a couple years ago. I too never found it comfortable at all especially above 30 pounds. The stays termin...

In GEAR » ULA Catalyst hip belt issues
December 05, 7:45am

Re: Protrail
That is why I am confused, on the bushwalk forum franco clearly stated the rear could be set up with 1 stake which I don't see how that could be possible without a moment/double moment like fol...

In GEAR » Tarptent Protrail
December 04, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by Benjamin Auer

Benjamin Auer has posted no reviews.