BPL Community Profile

Benjamin Auer (mankind117) - BPL Guest

My Locale Benjamin Auer hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Benjamin Auer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benjamin Auer

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

miniworks
I had a miniworks for several years. I eventually got rid of it out of frustration. No matter what I did or how much I cleaned the filter it was slow, clogged easily, and not worth the trouble. I h...

In GEAR » MSR Miniworks filters very slow
May 06, 8:31am

SS 2
I have an stratospire 2 as well. I really like it. At first pitching it was a little confusing but once you get the hang of it, it is not bad. I am tall so I really like the headroom and the vertic...

In GEAR » Anyone have experience with the Stratospire 2?
April 05, 1:02pm

Impressions of the new moment.
I got the new moment this last Friday and took it out this weekend on the AT in Maryland. I will post pictures later but so far I am impressed. I'm really tall and I actually fit ok. Height wis...

In GEAR » New 2013 Tarptent Models
March 25, 10:59am

Stratospire 1 or 2
Why not try the Tarptent stratospire 1 or 2. I have the 2 and am getting the 1 because I like the 2 so much. The 2 has a removable inner and a huge amount of space for 2. With the fly and inner it ...

In GEAR » Shangri-La 2 or MLD Trailstar?
January 23, 11:13am

Tarptent Notch + Large Neoair Xlite or Xtherm
Has anyone used the notch with the large (78x25 inch) versions of the neoair xlite or xtherm that are tapered at the ends? I think I saw pictures once of the notch with the large version of the ori...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch + Large Neoair Xlite or Xtherm
January 18, 6:17am

Stratospire
Don't just consider the floor area when choosing a tent. A tent that is the same a width at the top as at the floor will be much more roomy than a tent that narrows significantly at the top. Fo...

In GEAR » Tarptent Rainshadow 2?
October 19, 7:17am

Re: Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
Two favourite pieces from the last year are my Caldera Cone + SP Mini Solo. I've used that on every trip the last year and change. Another item is the Sirroco wind shell from eddie bauer. EB ...

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
October 16, 6:36am

Try the stratosphire 2
I have several tarptents including the stratospire 2. For the same weight you could get the stratospire 2. It is roomy for two because you have the full width at the ceiling, has huge vestibules fo...

In GEAR » Tarptent Rainshadow 2?
October 15, 9:07pm

DR and SS2
Have been through several tarptents. I started with a Rainbow which I still have and plan on keeping for a long time. I'm quite tall 6'6" and found the Rainbow adequate. I got a double...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
September 27, 7:02am

tall person diagonally?
I'm presuming this tent would be fine for a 6'6" person to use solo. They could just lay diagonally to have enough room to stretch out without having mesh in your face?

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire 2 first use report
August 04, 7:39am

All Reader Reviews by Benjamin Auer

Benjamin Auer has posted no reviews.