Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Benjamin Auer (mankind117) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Benjamin Auer hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Benjamin Auer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benjamin Auer

Showing 1 - 10 of 41 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

I had issues with the catalyst as well
Your experience sounds similar to mine. I transitioned from an osprey aether to the catalyst a couple years ago. I too never found it comfortable at all especially above 30 pounds. The stays termin...

In GEAR » ULA Catalyst hip belt issues
December 05, 7:45am

Re: Protrail
That is why I am confused, on the bushwalk forum franco clearly stated the rear could be set up with 1 stake which I don't see how that could be possible without a moment/double moment like fol...

In GEAR » Tarptent Protrail
December 04, 8:54am

Tarptent Protrail
If Franco or Henry are reading this, I saw pictures and information about the upcoming Tarptent Protrail on the hikinglife and bushwalk.com websites. So I was a bit confused. Is the protrail going ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Protrail
December 04, 8:29am

Take the tarp for goodness sake
As someone who works in the weather business forecast skills generally really start to take a dive by around day 4 . . . So not taking any shelter at all on a 4 day trip seems pretty silly.

In GEAR » Leaving tarp at home
December 03, 6:28pm

I'm 6'6"
I'm 6'6" and also have to be more careful when looking at tents. I've tried quite a few and probably have too many. None of these are cuben but I have yet to see a cuben shelter I ...

In GEAR » Time to Resurrect the Tall Persons Tent Question....
December 01, 9:04pm

Big Sky Chinook
Another possibility of the Big Sky Chinook 2P. I got one recently (took 7 months because they seem to have trouble getting the optional 3rd pole to making it freestanding.) It is fully freestanding...

In GEAR » BA Stringe Ridge or Slater?
November 11, 1:06pm

Paradox Unaweep
Go for the seekoutside unaweep (http://store.seekoutside.com/unaweep-3900-backpack/). They offer it in cuben if you want to save even more weight. It is the most comfortable pack I have ever used. ...

In GEAR » First Lightweight Pack
October 28, 7:00am

Hip belt comfort
I just got done backpacking 70 miles in glacier national park with the unaweep. This was the first trip with it and I must say the hip belt was the most comfortable I have ever used. This beat the ...

In GEAR » Paradox/SeekOutside Unaweep Pics
August 31, 12:46pm

Tents
I'm 6'6" and skinny so I hear everybody. As far as tents I've found that several tarptent models work well. I also have a big sky evolution 2p that fits very well. I use it s lot a...

In GEAR » Tall person's support thread
August 31, 7:31am

Tall sizes
I hope they keep first ascent around for one reason: tall sizes. As someone 6'6" I love the fact they make stuff in tall

In GEAR » Is Eddie Bauer giving up on First Ascent?
August 21, 1:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Benjamin Auer

Benjamin Auer has posted no reviews.