BPL Community Profile

Benjamin Auer (mankind117) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Benjamin Auer hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Benjamin Auer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benjamin Auer

Showing 1 - 10 of 32 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Tall sizes
I hope they keep first ascent around for one reason: tall sizes. As someone 6'6" I love the fact they make stuff in tall

In GEAR » Is Eddie Bauer giving up on First Ascent?
August 21, 1:37pm

Massanutten or Great North Mountain
Just head a little further west. You could easily make 15 to 20 mile loops in the GWNF in the Massanutten area or around great north mountain. Starting from the Wolf Gap parking area south of Big S...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 15-20 mile loop near Northern Virginia (Shenandoah, GWNF, etc.)
August 21, 8:22am

SS2
funny you mention the stratospire 2, that is the tent I wanted to bring.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Going to Glacier NP! Your advice?
August 15, 2:12pm

glacier backcountry campsite question
I'm going to Glacier as well in a week (we already have the backcountry permits). Random question. What is the soil like at the backcountry campsites? Is it good for staking or more like a a lo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Going to Glacier NP! Your advice?
August 15, 8:15am

Checking food when backpacking
I'm fly out west for a week backpacking trip. Since we won't have much time before we start hiking once I arrive, I wanted to buy my food at home and check it when flying. Is there any issu...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Checking food when backpacking
August 06, 7:08am

Chinook, big sky
The Big Sky Chinook looks like it would fit your needs. Be careful with Big Sky. If they have it in stock they ship fast, but if not, you might be waiting a while. I am still waiting for my Chinook...

In GEAR » Tents that erect from the outside, single wall or fly with inner attached or single wall with inner poles
July 28, 12:18pm

Tarptent Squall 2
Can any tarptent squall 2 users comment on the headroom. I'm tall 6'6". I'm not worried about the floor length with both ends being mesh. Any reasonably tall users out there have a...

In GEAR » Tarptent Squall 2
July 18, 11:19am

Klymit Motion 60
This interesting. I have the Elemental Horizon Aquillo and between your description and pictures you can tell this is a derivative of the Elemental Horizon packs. For lightweight loads up to 30 pou...

In GEAR » Klymit/Elemental Horizons Motion 60 Pack?
July 18, 7:46am

where are east coast people?
I'm surprised the northeast/southeast is not represented more. I live in the DC area and between VA, PA, and WV there are literally several thousand miles of backpacking trails within a 6 hour ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Delmar's Poll
July 16, 11:51am

Unaweep
I also recently got an unaweep with the 4800 cubic inch packbag. I'm quite tall (6'6"). I bought it as I wanted a larger pack for winter, heavy loads when I'm carrying a lot of my ...

In GEAR » Paradox Unaweep
June 11, 7:07am

All Reader Reviews by Benjamin Auer

Benjamin Auer has posted no reviews.