Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lori P (lori999) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley
About Me Lori P has not added a biography yet.
CityFresno
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lori P

Showing 1 - 10 of 703 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...71

Forum » Thread

Re::
First Need uses an electrostatic charge to capture viruses. It DOES NOT filter them. Life Straw likely uses chemistry, as it is not as complex a mechanism. http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-a...

In GEAR » Water Filtering/Purification - Which to choose?
July 28, 7:56am

Re: Water Filtering/Purification - Which to choose?
A few things to remember: You do not filter viruses. Ever. They are too small. .02 microns is the standard for most backpacking filters - not all of them, but most of them. You'll be able to...

In GEAR » Water Filtering/Purification - Which to choose?
July 27, 12:08pm

Re: Please give suggestions to help solve waking up from cold
The mistakes usually made are not hydrating enough and not enough slow burning calories, and restrictive or too much clothing that's damp. I am consistently warm with meals I make (MH has f...

In GEAR » Please give suggestions to help solve waking up from cold
July 16, 7:09am

Re: Re: Re: Little pump
" It's so slow it's almost pointless unless you have lung issues" And yet, you can leave it there and go do something else not requiring heavy breathing while it works... kind...

In GEAR » ideas on alternate ways for quick and easy inflation of air matrass please
July 07, 8:29am

Re: Would you wear this on a Sierra trip?
I might wear it around camp. Never hiking. If it's warm enough, I just let the rain fall. Better damp from rain than sweat - jackets are horrible in the high Sierra when it's too warm. If i...

In GEAR » Would you wear this on a Sierra trip?
July 07, 8:25am

Re: Re: easy
I have one of these. Same weight as a schnozzola sack for a larger NeoAir. https://www.camp-tek.com It was rebranded by NeoAir as well. Found it in a local sport store. It does not work for E...

In GEAR » ideas on alternate ways for quick and easy inflation of air matrass please
July 06, 7:41am

Re: Re: Why few freestanding Cuben Tents?
Since chasing a "freestanding " tent after a gust of wind turned it into a box kite, I classify freestanding tents as non freestanding. I'll stick with light, weatherproof and trek...

In GEAR » Why few freestanding Cuben Tents?
July 02, 5:01pm

Re: Re: Re: New to backpacking: Why does my backpack already seem so light?
"a. Probably 4lbs of water each. b. The clothes will be 5lbs if you are not careful. Bring no extra clothes. c. Gotta include the weight of your backpack, say 5lbs d. Raingear? say 3lbs e....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to backpacking: Why does my backpack already seem so light?
June 18, 8:41am

Re: BV350
No, she wasn't. But that's neither here nor there, if you never visit Kings Canyon. All of these canisters are labeled bear resistant, not bear proof, for a reason. One of the Yosemite ...

In GEAR » BV350 -- Vulnerable in the Sierra?
June 08, 10:35am

Re: BV350 -- Vulnerable in the Sierra?
SEKI approves it, but if that one bear is roaming in Paradise Valley again, the roads end ranger will tell you so and let you know to keep the bear vault in the lockers . They warned me at least...

In GEAR » BV350 -- Vulnerable in the Sierra?
June 06, 8:17am

All Reader Reviews by Lori P

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA H2O Amigo
I find that putting the bag under a small cascade of a stream or letting it submerge in a lake works well. The length of the hose makes it easy to keep the clean end in my thumb while bailing water. I...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
July 19, 3:26pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
It was made by a hammocker and includes lots of nice little features that add up to a high quality, comfortable, versatile hammock. I've hung the Blackbird in less than optimal places, over brush ...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
July 16, 11:58am

Gossamer Gear
I like having a company that responds to emails, has great gear and provides great customer service. I have a Mariposa Plus - what other company would offer to retrofit a pack to the latest frame? I c...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 26, 7:39am

Hennessy Hammock Asym
The Hennessy was my starter hammock. I had an Ultralight Backpacker Asym. I used the HH for a year, and have to say that it completely re-organized my priorities for backpacking. I hated tents; cl...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
June 25, 8:55am