Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lori P (lori999) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Valley
About Me Lori P has not added a biography yet.
CityFresno
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lori P

Showing 1 - 10 of 659 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: USFS trails
I belong to two small trail crews that do work in forest wildernesses. We went out to Dinkey last year, going to Golden Trout and Dick Smith This year. Going out to survey work that needs doing on ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trail Work Thread
April 26, 8:37pm

Re: Advice on affordable 3-season sleeping bag
I googled to check on my assumption, and was correct that the low temps in Glacier can be low indeed. 24, 36, 21 in June, July, August. While those are the lowest of the lows, and there's no in...

In Gear Lists » Advice on affordable 3-season sleeping bag
April 26, 7:51am

Re: Dayhikes before Big SEKI Loop
If you don't want cross country, yes, you'd have to rejoin the HST. There's short cut over Pants Pass to Nine Lakes - but that's probably a bad idea. Most folks who've done it d...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Dayhikes before Big SEKI Loop
April 24, 12:31pm

RE: JMT bears
Food, hygiene products, trash. Some instructions include medications. There are bear lockers, but they get absolutely packed with trash despite the labels on the doors that ask them not to leav...

In Gear Lists » Gear advice/list for partial JMT trip
April 24, 10:37am

Re: Dayhikes before Big SEKI Loop
The trail has been in decline for years, without maintenance. On both sides but especially the south aspect you have to pay close attention to connect the plain dirt trail sections when you've ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Dayhikes before Big SEKI Loop
April 24, 8:52am

re nutrition
Two things to help... http://www.packitgourmet.com/trail-food-facts/fieldguide.html Couple of food related articles here, one from a dietician. http://thru-hiker.com/articles/

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Nutritional composition
April 24, 7:37am

re: giardia
Keep in mind, people who never get sick drinking "raw" water may very well be either 1) beating odds that are impossible to guess at or 2) already carrying it but never showing symptoms. ...

In GEAR » 3 JMT hikers...2 or 4 liter gravityworks filter?
April 23, 10:00pm

Re: Big SEKI Loop
One of the things people underestimate is the sun at higher elevations. If you plan to be in granite for more than an hour or two, a big brimmed hat, long sleeves/pants and good sunglasses are impo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
April 23, 7:48am

re: exit date
What may happen, though, is if someone notices a car sitting a long time in the park parking lots, which are monitored, they'll run the plate. If they see you're quite a bit overdue they st...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
April 22, 8:19am

Re: Actual fire hazard of wood burning stoves
Yosemite: no fires above 9600 feet SEKI: no fires above 10,000 feet. No fires in Redwood Canyon, along the Lakes Trail, in Granite Basin, in Hamilton Lakes Basin, at Pinto Lake, in Mineral King Va...

In GEAR » Actual fire hazard of wood burning stoves
April 21, 9:41am

All Reader Reviews by Lori P

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA H2O Amigo
I find that putting the bag under a small cascade of a stream or letting it submerge in a lake works well. The length of the hose makes it easy to keep the clean end in my thumb while bailing water. I...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
July 19, 3:26pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
It was made by a hammocker and includes lots of nice little features that add up to a high quality, comfortable, versatile hammock. I've hung the Blackbird in less than optimal places, over brush ...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
July 16, 11:58am

Gossamer Gear
I like having a company that responds to emails, has great gear and provides great customer service. I have a Mariposa Plus - what other company would offer to retrofit a pack to the latest frame? I c...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 26, 7:39am

Hennessy Hammock Asym
The Hennessy was my starter hammock. I had an Ultralight Backpacker Asym. I used the HH for a year, and have to say that it completely re-organized my priorities for backpacking. I hated tents; cl...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
June 25, 8:55am