Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lori P (lori999) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Valley
About Me Lori P has not added a biography yet.
CityFresno
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lori P

Showing 1 - 10 of 678 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Bungee leash for dogs
I have a ruffwear roamer leash which is fairly long and also stretchy, but it can be shortened by clipping it around my waist which it is designed to do. I believe it was originally intended for jo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bungee leash for dogs
May 19, 5:28pm

Re: Insole Thoughts and Recs, I guess it's time to finally try them.
I used to use super feet until the bunions made themselves known. Then the podiatrist steered me to inserts from Birkenstock that actually have a metatarsal arch support. I would therefore suggest ...

In GEAR » Insole Thoughts and Recs, I guess it's time to finally try them.
May 14, 2:58pm

Re: Thanks
You wouldn't be able to get to Mariposa Grove anyway. The Grove is closed to traffic and the shuttles have stopped running from Wawona They're doing major renovations to the roads and trail...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transportation Wawona Hotel to Fresno Airport
May 14, 10:46am

Re: Re: Re: ticks.
I have been getting tick specific collars from Dr Foster Smith online. They have worked pretty well so far. (Fleas, we use trifexis for - does the trick.)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snow is gone, ticks are out
May 14, 7:56am

Re: Numbers game
All the " never got sick" people were very likely never going to get sick, even if they are positive for Giardia. There will always be a certain number of people exposed will never have s...

In GEAR » Have you ever gotten sick after filtering water?
May 12, 8:42am

Re: Hammock Gear quilts
I have a 0 degree with treated down, 2 oz overstuff, and it's only slightly heavier than my 3 season quilt with twice the loft. I like the material better than regular old ripstop. You can get ...

In GEAR » Hammock Gear quilts
May 08, 6:21pm

Re: Re: Never buying from REI again
I also buy clothes from other stores. Guess what return policy I expect on stained clothing from them ? REI is pretty darn generous.

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 06, 7:59pm

Re: Never buying from REI again
I thought that the unlimited returns was a limited time thing after the policy change. I understood the grace period for things bought before the change was a year. I could be misremembering that....

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 06, 7:28pm

Re: Weather
"wind/unlikely rain" You know, that phrase triggered memories of sitting in McClure Meadow at a campsite watching JMT thrus marching off into the dusk in the pouring down rain, as smal...

In GEAR » JMT Clothing Question
May 06, 8:46am

Re: Re: Re: Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
I bet you that not everyone gets their stuff chewed up. I bet you the ones that do tell the same stories, and they ain't whining. Nothing sucks more than some major goof up that turns your vaca...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
May 03, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Lori P

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA H2O Amigo
I find that putting the bag under a small cascade of a stream or letting it submerge in a lake works well. The length of the hose makes it easy to keep the clean end in my thumb while bailing water. I...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
July 19, 3:26pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
It was made by a hammocker and includes lots of nice little features that add up to a high quality, comfortable, versatile hammock. I've hung the Blackbird in less than optimal places, over brush ...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
July 16, 11:58am

Gossamer Gear
I like having a company that responds to emails, has great gear and provides great customer service. I have a Mariposa Plus - what other company would offer to retrofit a pack to the latest frame? I c...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 26, 7:39am

Hennessy Hammock Asym
The Hennessy was my starter hammock. I had an Ultralight Backpacker Asym. I used the HH for a year, and have to say that it completely re-organized my priorities for backpacking. I hated tents; cl...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
June 25, 8:55am