Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lori P (lori999) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley
About Me Lori P has not added a biography yet.
CityFresno
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lori P

Showing 1 - 10 of 719 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Scents for high Sierra trout fishing?
And I have swapped trebles out to single hooks. Catch and release only areas abound, and trebles wreck fish. Barbless is required - I use my forceps to pinch down barbs. Wigsons lures rock.

In Fishing » Scents for high Sierra trout fishing?
August 28, 7:43am

Re: Re:Chiropractors? Sometimes
A "sham" saved me from a horrible life of back pain in less than a year, after I was rear ended by a drunk driver. X rays showed plainly how my back had strayed from normal. A good ch...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Herniated disc :-( whinging
August 28, 7:36am

Re: SEKI loop from REoads End and Rough Fire in Hume Lake area
Picture > 1000 words. http://www.buckrock.org/webcams_weather.html One does not simply walk into Mordor.

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI loop from REoads End and Rough Fire in Hume Lake area
August 28, 7:27am

Re: Re: Re: thanks
Pretty sure you mean a small maintenance burn the park is monitoring along Tioga Pass Road. It's not much to write home about. Outside the park, meanwhile, there is the Walker fire, which is 10...

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI loop from REoads End and Rough Fire in Hume Lake area
August 27, 10:31am

Re: Re: Scents for high Sierra trout fishing?
I have used corn - for planted Kokanee, in larger lakes. High backcountry lakes require only lures. A Mepps, a needlefish, a Bouyant, a rooster tail, and a plain old spinner for me. A selection of ...

In Fishing » Scents for high Sierra trout fishing?
August 27, 8:11am

Re: Re: filters
I use a gravity filter, on the trail, in camp, and anywhere else. Throughput is not appreciably slower than a pump and I am usually done long before the 'pen people. Since I am on group trips a...

In GEAR » water filter
August 27, 8:01am

Re: september predictions
It's burning some of the roughest and most remote terrain there is. You're not going to see them fighting it to total containment unless it is a direct threat to populated places. They are ...

August 26, 1:44pm

Re: Re: Rough Fire and SEKI loop
Think it's safe to say that if smoke is not what you want, anywhere on the west coast is a no go.... I expect there will also be a huge number of backpackers and campers flooding parts of th...

August 26, 9:11am

Re:
The busman's chair can be hung at different angles and heights for different types of back support, different levels of support, and if you have good balance it can be a comfy napping place. ...

In Gear Deals » 10 oz chair hammock
August 16, 4:40pm

Bragging is bragging.
Same weight/bulk, already existed for some years now. http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/store/p446/Bushman_Hammock_Chair.html Also, any hammock functions as a chair you can sit up in.

In Gear Deals » 10 oz chair hammock
August 16, 9:08am

All Reader Reviews by Lori P

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA H2O Amigo
I find that putting the bag under a small cascade of a stream or letting it submerge in a lake works well. The length of the hose makes it easy to keep the clean end in my thumb while bailing water. I...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
July 19, 3:26pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
It was made by a hammocker and includes lots of nice little features that add up to a high quality, comfortable, versatile hammock. I've hung the Blackbird in less than optimal places, over brush ...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
July 16, 11:58am

Gossamer Gear
I like having a company that responds to emails, has great gear and provides great customer service. I have a Mariposa Plus - what other company would offer to retrofit a pack to the latest frame? I c...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 26, 7:39am

Hennessy Hammock Asym
The Hennessy was my starter hammock. I had an Ultralight Backpacker Asym. I used the HH for a year, and have to say that it completely re-organized my priorities for backpacking. I hated tents; cl...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
June 25, 8:55am