Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lori P (lori999) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Valley
About Me Lori P has not added a biography yet.
CityFresno
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lori P

Showing 1 - 10 of 579 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...58

Forum » Thread

re: sleeping bags
If you do such a silly thing as invest in a really good bag, here is what will happen: You won't get the wrong bag - a very easy thing to do - and shiver all night somewhere in the sticks. T...

In GEAR » Help me make a decision on bags... please!
February 26, 8:10am

re: quilts
Don't abuse your quilts. :) It's a matter of features and weight. I like the quilts from Hammock Gear (he will customize as you wish, overstuff, snaps or zipper, etc.) but most of the f...

In GEAR » General Help. Newbie. Sleeping Bag
February 25, 8:38am

re: quilt attachments
I am a side sleeper. I use quilts, and while one of them has loops in place to use I don't try to attach it to my pad. it's now second nature to just roll over, tuck it back in, and go back...

In GEAR » Favorite quilt-to-pad attachment strategy?
February 24, 9:30am

Re: measuring cups
I went to a pharmacy and asked. They gave me one.

In GEAR » Measuring Cups
February 23, 8:03am

re: groundhogs
I have the old style big ones, and a set of minis. I prefer the originals - a lot more staying power. Some of my groundhogs have a nice gentle bend to them. They work just the same, surviving m...

In GEAR » Yet another stake (not steak) thread
February 21, 3:56pm

re: stakes
Sierra and California specific, I am. I use groundhogs for all applications where there will be a load on the stake. Ti hooks are only used for the secondary tie outs. All stakes are set at an a...

In GEAR » Yet another stake (not steak) thread
February 20, 12:55pm

???
Did Andrew Skurka change his name?

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 9
February 19, 11:04am

re: quilts
I question the synthetic vs down choice - if you are not hiking day after day in humid conditions where it would be impossible to dry the quilts, down would be fine. it's hard to truly wet out ...

In Hammocks » Quilt combination questions! HELP!
February 18, 3:40pm

re: my dog is not your dog
I had been struggling to get my dog to eat. She has been losing weight. i watched her approach and back off from the bowl as if it would bite her. Near as I can figure, she finally noticed after a ...

In On the Web » Your dog is not a human being. Stop treating her like one
February 11, 12:08pm

re: JMT maps
http://www.eyehike.com/modules/Gallery/JMT

In Gear Swap » WTB: JMT Maps & Books
February 11, 10:13am

All Reader Reviews by Lori P

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA H2O Amigo
I find that putting the bag under a small cascade of a stream or letting it submerge in a lake works well. The length of the hose makes it easy to keep the clean end in my thumb while bailing water. I...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
July 19, 3:26pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
It was made by a hammocker and includes lots of nice little features that add up to a high quality, comfortable, versatile hammock. I've hung the Blackbird in less than optimal places, over brush ...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
July 16, 11:58am

Gossamer Gear
I like having a company that responds to emails, has great gear and provides great customer service. I have a Mariposa Plus - what other company would offer to retrofit a pack to the latest frame? I c...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 26, 7:39am

Hennessy Hammock Asym
The Hennessy was my starter hammock. I had an Ultralight Backpacker Asym. I used the HH for a year, and have to say that it completely re-organized my priorities for backpacking. I hated tents; cl...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
June 25, 8:55am