Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lori P (lori999) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Valley
About Me Lori P has not added a biography yet.
CityFresno
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lori P

Showing 1 - 10 of 625 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: fishing?
Fishing season opens at the END of April.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hetch Hetchy area April 4-9
March 27, 3:45pm

re:
I would go to REI, ask for cash instead of buying anything there with the dividend, and spend the money on a cottage made, either a Warbonnet or a Dangerbird. my first Hammock was also Hennessey...

In GEAR » Hammock to start with?
March 27, 1:55pm

Re: Re: Re: "To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket"
Then there was that trip I had a rain jacket. I stood under a pine tree, relatively sheltered, and was subsequently soaked to the bone. It hit hard, before we could get in the tents, and it stayed ...

In Philosophy & Technique » To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket
March 27, 10:28am

Re: SPOT Celebrates 1,000 Rescues in Canada"
where is the data that shows how many were actually necessary?

In Philosophy & Technique » SPOT Celebrates 1,000 Rescues in Canada
March 27, 8:15am

re: water treatment
Personally? by the time I cadged together something out of parts and bags and pieces, I'd worry that I didn't do it right and since I have no way of knowing one way or the other I'd be ...

In GEAR » Water filter for herbicide/pesticide/fertilizer?
March 26, 11:17pm

re: chemicals
The First Need will treat for viruses - with a chemical medium. It does not (nor does anything other than reverse osmosis) remove any chemical whatsoever.

In GEAR » Water filter for herbicide/pesticide/fertilizer?
March 26, 3:12pm

re: food?
Nutritionist's opinion over here: http://thru-hiker.com/articles/pack_light_eat_right.php

In GEAR » Food
March 26, 8:12am

re: conclusive answer?
Nope. :> I don't use a VBL because I've never needed one.

In GEAR » Keeping your sleeping bag dry in freezing temps
March 26, 8:09am

Re: sweat
If you are sweating, take off a layer, do something to not sweat. If it's just the normal moisture that always comes from healthy skin, it can be managed with ventilation of the shelter.

In GEAR » Keeping your sleeping bag dry in freezing temps
March 26, 7:34am

re: food
I want easy to eat (even if I am not hungry), real (not chemical packed), somewhat nutritious food that I can make with hot or no water. Lightweight is nice, but I do better eating things I can tol...

In GEAR » Food
March 25, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Lori P

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA H2O Amigo
I find that putting the bag under a small cascade of a stream or letting it submerge in a lake works well. The length of the hose makes it easy to keep the clean end in my thumb while bailing water. I...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
July 19, 3:26pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
It was made by a hammocker and includes lots of nice little features that add up to a high quality, comfortable, versatile hammock. I've hung the Blackbird in less than optimal places, over brush ...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
July 16, 11:58am

Gossamer Gear
I like having a company that responds to emails, has great gear and provides great customer service. I have a Mariposa Plus - what other company would offer to retrofit a pack to the latest frame? I c...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 26, 7:39am

Hennessy Hammock Asym
The Hennessy was my starter hammock. I had an Ultralight Backpacker Asym. I used the HH for a year, and have to say that it completely re-organized my priorities for backpacking. I hated tents; cl...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
June 25, 8:55am