BPL Community Profile

Rick Cheehy (kilgoretrout2317) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Virginia
About Me My wife and I live on the outskirts of Washington DC. Yes I do think about atom bombs on a daily basis. When we are not toiling away at our day jobs we're hiking all 500 miles in SNP. We are planing to write a guide on trails and backcountry camping in the park (I won't tell where we work but I'll give you a hint triple venti 2 pump rasberry, one half splenda, no whip, extra thick foam white mocha)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick Cheehy

Showing 1 - 10 of 421 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...43

Forum » Thread

Seeking a trail in the Adirondack Mts.
Bump

In Post-Trip Reports » Looking for a circuit in the Adirondacks.
July 10, 12:32pm

Not trying to hijack but...
My wife and I are looking for a good loop of around 50 miles. Maybe ya'll could help, anybody header of one?

In Post-Trip Reports » Secluded 20+ mile Loop Trails in the Adirondacks.
July 08, 10:43am

N0 TP for you, one week!
My wife and I have both converted to natures own TP, on the advice of Mike. We dig it. Packing out TP sucks and leaving it is just not an option. Besides wet moss is quite soothing, and it exfoliates!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
July 08, 10:33am

Looking for a circuit in the Adirondacks.
I'm looking for a god 5 day circuit in the Adirondacks. My wife and I are experienced and hike 10-20 miles a day. We have never hiked in the park before, so it is all new o us. What'll ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Looking for a circuit in the Adirondacks.
July 08, 10:21am

2 person bug bivy.
I'm looking for a 2 person bug bivy that I can pitch under my GG sil-twin, or in a shelter. Any suggestions? Ps, it'd be cool if it didn't weigh very much...can y'all dig it?

In GEAR » 2 person bug bivy.
June 01, 5:13pm

MB
I have the Mont Bell, it works...but it is small and the wind can turn it inside out really easy. I hear good things about these http://www.prolitegear.com/birdiepal_light_trek_umbrella.html but I&...

In GEAR » Which Umbrella?
April 29, 6:30pm

Same thought
I'm actually planing on trying this soon, with the sea to summit silk liner, my MB therma-wrap parka and my dri-duck pants. I'm in the Appalachians and we don't go lower than the 50'...

In GEAR » Ultra-ultralight sleep system for summer heat
April 29, 6:01pm

Re: Articles
Thanks everybody, the took the snow off of the forecast, so I gonna go trial runner/bread bag. See yall on the other side.

In GEAR » Goretex How cold and snowy does it need to be?
October 17, 6:28am

Re: Re: Goretex How cold and snowy does it need to be?
Going out for six days, but its in SNP. so we hit civilization every other day. (Restrooms with hand driers!). Snow is only forecast for the first couple of days. I just hate wearing boots now that...

October 16, 8:29pm

Goretex How cold and snowy does it need to be?
Me and the Mrs are about to hit the trail. The high's will be in the 30's, lows in the 20's. One-two inches of snow. Do I need waterproof shoes? In the past I'd wear my old school g...

October 16, 6:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick Cheehy

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better No Sniveller quilt
Not much left to say on this thread. It's a great design, warm, simple, light, adaptable. I got the full length omni tape and this is going to be the core of my year round system. I talked to one...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
July 22, 1:24pm

Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus 08
Slipping into this pack on is like donning your crocs after a big mile day. AHHH. I'm 6'1 175# I have the large size plus with the 34 inch hip belt. I use the foam inserts instead of stuffing ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 14, 8:07pm

Inov8 RocLite 315
I wear size 14, 14 wide if I can find it. I'm not sure why I've got these giant dogs but whenever my Mom and I see Bigfoot on the old Discovery channel she gets a far away look in her eye. So,...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 23, 3:26pm