BPL Community Profile

Tom Keefe (keth0601) - BPL Guest

My Locale Tom Keefe hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me I grew up in MN and spent a lot of time in the backwoods of the Boundary Waters, and the Superior Hiking Trail. I now live in Iowa and I am looking to expand my horizons.
CityWest Des Moines
StateIowa
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListAlpine Spring/Fall Winter Camping

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Keefe

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

brightness
I've always loved having my core battery with the Petzl OS software. The above article outlines the reasoning. The software allows me to set up the lamp to run at the same brightness throughout...

In GEAR » Another Headlamp thread...
January 26, 5:01pm

Rei Flash
Have you considered an Exped Lightning 60 instead of the REI Flash? Not sure what you were hoping to spend. I went from a Jam to the lightning and never looked back. As one of the previous posters ...

In GEAR » REI Flash 62 vs golite jam 50
January 26, 4:26pm

Rainbow VS Copper Spur
I have a DR and a larger 4 person CS. You will make some small sacrifices to save weight going from the CS to the DR, but they are nothing that I would consider a deal breaker. I think the DR h...

In GEAR » Copper Spur UL2 vs. Double rainbow or another "one person palace"?
January 26, 4:13pm

RAB South Col II
It looks like I may be able to get a Rab South Col II for about $160 shipped. Materials seem comparable to the Borah, but with the arm/vent holes and the option to tie in to an anchor (not sure how...

In GEAR » help choosing a bivy
January 26, 2:50pm

help choosing a bivy
Hello everyone, I'm looking to find a new shelter for trips where I may be doing some alpine style climbing or mountaineering mostly above the treeline where the terrain is typically very rocky...

In GEAR » help choosing a bivy
January 26, 7:14am

Re: Re: Debunking Hydrostatic Head
"HH is a standard measurement that is useful for comparing the relative water resistance between materials. By your logic, measuring down fill power, CLO, etc are all poor measures as well.&qu...

In GEAR » Debunking Hydrostatic Head
December 16, 4:59am

Re: Re: clarification
"If everything else is equivalent in terms of strength, weight, UV etc., but one has a higher waterproof rating, why wouldn't that be the "best buy"?" The example was mea...

December 15, 7:00pm

clarification
When I said that listing the pressure rather than the height of the water column was more scientific, it was really just to say that the driving factor of the measurement is pressure and not distan...

December 15, 4:41pm

suggest
I'm not sure what could be used as an alternative. I guess that's one of the reasons I put this forward. There are some very smart people on here who might have some ideas. I just think...

December 15, 8:13am

Debunking Hydrostatic Head
So I have to ask the question, how useful is the hydrostatic head rating used to measure tent materials really? I have several point that I would like to bring up about using this measurement. ...

December 15, 6:00am

All Reader Reviews by Tom Keefe

Tom Keefe has posted no reviews.