BPL Community Profile

James Drake (justducky456) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado High Country
About Me James Drake has not added a biography yet.
CityHighest city in the US
StateCO

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Drake

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Steripen Adventurer compatibility with Steripen pre-filter?
I use the Adventurer with a flexible 1L Nalgene Cantene and steripen prefilter. At first I was bummed that the Adventurer wouldn't mate with the prefilter but later found that removing the filt...

In GEAR » Steripen Adventurer compatibility with Steripen pre-filter?
March 07, 8:50pm

Hydration & Water Treatment
Steripen Adventurer. Love it. I used Aqua Mira most of this year but got tired of mixing chemicals. It made me feel like an amateur chemist. I also disliked the waiting game and uncertainty. ...

In GEAR » Hydration & Water Treatment?
October 17, 7:37pm

Coleman F1
I use the Coleman F1 ultralight with an older version of the GSI anodized cookset. I usually carry only the 1/2 quart pot with a 110gm canister. For longer trips with 2 people I will carry a 220gm ...

In GEAR » Best solo and dual lightweight Ti cookware and light stoves (gas and alcohol)
October 16, 1:10pm

Re: good fly fishing resources?
Brian, I'm also adding fly fishing as a compliment to backpacking this year. BPL has a couple decent articles on fly fishing if you haven't read them already. My fishing gear adds about 1.5...

In Fishing » good fly fishing resources?
May 15, 1:35pm

Re: suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
The Gregory Spectrum (on sale at Sierra Trading Post)meets your requirements if you fit in a medium. I have it and thought it was the perfect day pack...until I found a considerable design flaw. Th...

In GEAR » suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
March 26, 10:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
Eric, I haven't completely ruled out the No-Sniveller. BPL does give it very positive reviews. I've spent WAY too much time reading reviews and articles including the one you mention :). Th...

In GEAR » Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
March 14, 7:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
Thanks for your insight. I'm still undecided on a bag, quilt, or combo. Right now I'm looking at the WM Ultralite, WM Summerlite, or the the Nunatak Arc Alpinist. I've never really used...

March 14, 2:15pm

Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
Howdy, I have a couple first time questions for the forum. I'm looking to lighten my pack (baseweight is around 19 lbs). My only bag right now is a 10 year old 53 ounce FF 0 degree bag with ...

March 13, 12:26pm

All Reader Reviews by James Drake

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Frogg Toggs Rain Suit
Overall I like my Frogg Toggs and would buy another pair. I've used them for about a year now and have some pilling of the fabric but as of yet it doesn't seem to affect the performance. I mea...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 08, 7:05am

Inov8 Terroc 330 - Men's
I love the way this shoe initially feels on the feet. I have about 150 miles in them in Utah Desert and CO mountain trails. The flexible soles and minimal padding are very agreeable to me. It is nice ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 01, 8:56pm