BPL Community Profile

John Vogel (johnv2002) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale East Bay
About Me John Vogel has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Vogel

Showing 1 - 10 of 54 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: MeFOTO daytripper tripod
Here...standing up with my NEX screen tilted up, me looking down at it. Here is my first attempt at silky water sitting down, fully upright looking though the viewfinder And a pic of ...

In Photography » MeFOTO daytripper tripod
July 20, 6:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Small, Lightweight, DO EVERYTHING including time-lapse and astrophotography, camera.
If it's Astro and Landscapes vs budget you should look for a Sigma 19mm 2.8 for the NEX camera. Serviceable lens, nice sharpness used for around $100.00. Good luck, have fun

In Photography » Small, Lightweight, DO EVERYTHING including time-lapse and astrophotography, camera.
July 20, 11:01am

Re: Re: MeFOTO daytripper tripod
Hi, I wanted to toss in my opinion. I bought a Silk Sprint Mini II and love the thing. I used to use a tiny tripod I found myself laying on the ground for a lot of shots, and after hiking all day...

In Photography » MeFOTO daytripper tripod
July 20, 10:36am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a newbie camera question
Your camera has the ability to take that photo. 30sec / 3400ISO The kit lens however cannot. You need a wide angle fast lens to get the lighting right. I bought a sigma 19mm 2.8 and it it takin...

In Photography » a newbie camera question
June 12, 9:16pm

Re: First attempt at Astrophotagraphy.
One more pic for fun

In Photography » First attempt at Astrophotagraphy.
May 25, 5:16pm

First attempt at Astrophotagraphy.
Here is my first attempt at astrophotagraphy with my NEX 6 with a Sigma 19mm. (Thanks Jason D for the deal on the lens). I took these from Tiltill Valley via Hetch Hetchy. Clouds kept rolling in s...

In Photography » First attempt at Astrophotagraphy.
May 25, 5:11pm

Sigma
I will take the Sigma. Email sent

In Gear Swap » FS :: ULA - Tarp Tent - Ti Goat - Tenkara - Big Agnes - Sawyer - More......
May 18, 11:31pm

Re: DEET
I don't use DEET any more after I learned it repels fish, and you can't really wash it off yourself and or your gear. I have been using a product called "Cutter Advanced" with Pi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » DEET
May 18, 7:42am

NEX 6 purchase
Ok, so I found a really good deal on a used NEX 6 with the kit 16-50 lens. All I need now is a wide angle lens and a whole lot of education and practice on how the thing works.

In Photography » Astrophotagraphy equipment recommendations
May 10, 6:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Astrophotagraphy equipment recommendations
Super good information and site links. Sounds like the Nex would be a great choice, especially with my budget. I am so new to photography I can only rely on what I read. I have no feel yet for w...

In Photography » Astrophotagraphy equipment recommendations
May 09, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by John Vogel

John Vogel has posted no reviews.