Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jon Lannom (jla956) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Started camping in the 60s when I first became active in Scouting. Started out with canvas tents, a BSA Rucksack, and Army Surplus gear. In the 70's started upgrading to external frame packs, down bags and lightweight stoves. Went to Philmont, and backpacked primarily in the Pecos Wilderness (NM) and Weminuche Wilderness (CO) areas. Still involved with Scouting and will be going back to Philmont in a few years with my youngest son. Want to fully embrace and utilize the UL backpacking method by the time that your Troop heads out.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jon Lannom

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Thanks for the feedback
Matt, Thanks for the feedback. However, the following comment makes me cringe, "And as it turned out, three of our boys were between 90 and 110 pounds." I can't believe that yo...

In GEAR » ZPack Arc Blast questions
October 25, 4:02pm

FS - REI Lookout 40 Pack
$50 shipped to CONTUS This was my son's Scouting pack that he used for his last year of Cub Scouts and first year of Boy Scouts. It is in great condition - no tears, rips, or signs of usage...

In Gear Swap » FS - REI Lookout 40 Pack
October 25, 3:38pm

When will the Elite version be available
Michael, When exactly will the Elite version of the Backcountry Bed be available? Also, will the sleeve on it take a 25" mattress or just a 20"?

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Backcountry Bed 800
October 25, 12:26am

Re: Re: ZPack Arc Blast questions
Matt - just curious, what was your personal load out weight prior to any Crew Gear you took on? That sure seems like a lot of weight. Was your crew having to carry lots of water for dry camps? I...

In GEAR » ZPack Arc Blast questions
October 22, 11:06pm

Mini-Sawyer Deal
Thanks for the "heads up"! I already have the full size Sawyer but at this price I grabbed a mini too. Will probably end up using it for most of my solo trips. Passed it on to some fri...

In Gear Deals » Sawyer mini - $14 grab on Amazon
December 09, 1:35pm

Kovea Spider
Based upon Hikin' Jim's detailed review of the Kovea Spider on his stoving blog, I decided to order one. My Spider arrived on Thursday from Hong Kong (ordered off of Ebay) which was just i...

In GEAR » The Kovea Spider (KB-1109) Remote Canister Stove
December 08, 3:27pm

Re: Sleeping bag
Yes I would recommend a sleeping bag. I have been there in both July and August and needed a bag. I will be back there the first week of June and it tends to still be quite cool at that time.

In Philmont » Sleeping bag
February 11, 10:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Jon Lannom

Jon Lannom has posted no reviews.