Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jon Lannom (jla956) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Started camping in the 60s when I first became active in Scouting. Started out with canvas tents, a BSA Rucksack, and Army Surplus gear. In the 70's started upgrading to external frame packs, down bags and lightweight stoves. Went to Philmont, and backpacked primarily in the Pecos Wilderness (NM) and Weminuche Wilderness (CO) areas. Still involved with Scouting and will be going back to Philmont in a few years with my youngest son. Want to fully embrace and utilize the UL backpacking method by the time that your Troop heads out.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jon Lannom

Showing 1 - 10 of 16 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Frostline Booties
Used mine just this past weekend - they helped make sure my feet stayed warm since the temps dropped below the capability of my bag. Thanks to Frostline I learned how to sew back in the 70s. I ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » Does anyone remember Frostline kit down packets
January 17, 1:19pm

DriDown Bag
They are 13 years old so a miserable night for them is something soon forgotten. In fact the next morning all the boys were laughing about it, but they did agree it was a lesson learned (that'...

In GEAR » regular ccf pad under large inflatable pad.
January 14, 7:33pm

Update to my post
Regarding my previous post above: "I have both a Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol Sleeping Pad (R-value 2.6) and a self-inflating Therm-a-rest ProLite (R-value 2.2). I'm thinking that I should...

January 14, 11:08am

Backcountry Bed 800
So, ALL of the Backcountry Elite 800 beds that come out in February will have the new baffles? I'm assuming that some have already been produced for the upcoming release in a few weeks, and wa...

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Backcountry Bed 800
January 12, 8:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Canister cozy
OK - thanks for the reply!

In GEAR » Jetboil MiniMo, First Look
December 24, 1:16am

Re: Re: Re: Fire Maple 117t / Olicamp Xcellerator
4 Dogs makes a great titanium lid just for the Olicamp and Fire Maple pot - http://fourdog.com/snow-peak-titanium-lids/

In GEAR » New Stove Gear: Fire Maple 117t and XK6 "HE" Pot
December 24, 12:44am

Re: Canister cozy
Bob - regarding the blue CCF cozy that you made for a fuel canister - I have the same stove set up as you do and I was wondering if you thought that putting in one of those chemically activated han...

In GEAR » Jetboil MiniMo, First Look
December 23, 9:19pm

Two Thermarest pads
I have both a Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol Sleeping Pad (R-value 2.6) and a self-inflating Therm-a-rest ProLite (R-value 2.2). I'm thinking that I should put the Z Lite (silver reflective side up) ...

December 16, 10:14am

Backpacker Deal
John - thanks for the "heads up" on this deal... jumped right on it.

In Gear Deals » Backpacker Magazine
November 26, 11:08pm

Thanks for the feedback
Matt, Thanks for the feedback. However, the following comment makes me cringe, "And as it turned out, three of our boys were between 90 and 110 pounds." I can't believe that yo...

In GEAR » ZPack Arc Blast questions
October 25, 4:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Jon Lannom

Jon Lannom has posted no reviews.