Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Fitzgerald (jimfitz12000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Jim Fitzgerald has not added a biography yet.
CityPasadena
StateCalifornia
CountryU.S.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Fitzgerald

Showing 1 - 10 of 50 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

Evolution Creek
I crossed Evolution Creek last week and, possibly due to the return of Sierra Monsoons, water was level was mid calf in a few places. However, no need to bring water crossing shoes. Lots of rain!

In GEAR » to bring water shoes or not to bring water shoes on the jmt
August 06, 11:55am

Old Nalgenes
I have three milky white Nalgene bottles, HVPE, number two plastic. Send me a PM and I will ship them to you at my expense to help. Although I do not often post, BPL has been source of helpful in...

In GEAR » Old style wide mouth Nalgene needed, quick!
April 25, 3:28pm

Bridgeport to Twin Lakes
Last summer, we exited at Twin Lakes needing a ride to Sonora Pass, where we parked. We inquired at the Mono Village office and one of their maintenance people drove us; I think we paid $80.00 plu...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Extended JMT logistics
April 01, 10:55am

Logistical exits at John Muir Ranch - JMT going southbound
I have stayed at and, more often, hiked by both VVR and MTR. I do not recall a vehicle shuttle from either VVR (Lake Edison) or MTR (Florence Lake) to/from Fresno; however, both facilities operate...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Logistical exits at John Muir Ranch - JMT going southbound.
November 08, 4:45pm

"Looking for some feedback on the Elemental Horizons Kalais and Aquilo"
I purchased a size large Kalais late last year; I am quite pleased with the pack. It holds a Wild Ideas Bearikade Weekender canister upright (vertical); this was a purchase requirement. Although ...

In GEAR » Looking for some feedback on the Elemental Horizons Kalais and Aquilo
October 01, 10:41am

Gossamer Gear The One
I bought The One in the winter of 2008/09 and used it maybe fifty/sixty nights since then. It is light, spacious and a very good piece of equipment. Setting up is a bit tricky the first few times...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear - The One?
April 25, 3:48pm

Bearikade Expedition in Zpacks Exo
I have a Zpacks Exo with frame, which is set up for a 21 inch height. Since I generally use a bear canister, I ordered the sleeping pad holster; I insert a Gossamer Gear SitLight pad to "prot...

In GEAR » zpacks exo versus ULA Circuit
May 09, 12:52pm

Hexamid seam sealing
@William, You are correct. Per e-mail from Joe at Zpacks: "As of a couple weeks ago we are taping the seams and bonding the tie outs. No seam sealing necessary. It adds about 1 ounce to the...

In GEAR » Hexamid owners, solo+ vs. twin?
March 30, 11:03am

Hexamid versus SMD Skyscape X
I am curious if anyone compared a Hexamid Plus tent with beak to a Six Moons Designs Skyscape X. Hexamid Plus tent with beak weighs 10.8 oz, plus 0.5 oz. for seam sealing (per Zpacks). Some kind ...

In GEAR » Hexamid owners, solo+ vs. twin?
March 29, 2:44pm

JMT flights, Lone Pine/Mammoth camping
Susan, Lone Pine is often around 100 degrees in summer during the day; lower temps at night. There are campgrounds in the Sierra foothills near Lone Pine, but none I am aware of within walking ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT - getting there & away
March 17, 11:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald has posted no reviews.