Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Fitzgerald (jimfitz12000) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Jim Fitzgerald has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Fitzgerald

Showing 1 - 10 of 57 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum » Thread

Ti .9 L pot

In Gear Swap » WTB 900ml (.9) titanium pot
February 26, 1:56pm

Re: Re: WTB 900ml (.9) WIDE titanium pot
Forgot to mention: REI/Evernew pot has folding handles. Caldera cone has a notch to accommodate handles.

February 26, 12:52pm

Re: WTB 900ml (.9) WIDE titanium pot
I have a non-stick REI (Evernew made, I believe) .9 L short, wide titanium pot and lid that is in good shape. I purchased around 2008, but has seen limited use as I prefer other setups. I painted...

February 26, 11:02am

Malaria and Africa
Ben, Tardy reply, but my thoughts: I traveled to Africa (Southern third of continent and East Africa) numerous times over many decades, starting in the "Malaria Sunday" era. I do not ...

In GEAR » Malaria Pills
February 21, 2:42pm

"R2R mid-June South to North"
Go Now! On January 30 and 31 (less than two weeks ago), I hiked to/from Bright Angel Campground (Phantom Ranch). Bright Angel campground was maybe one third full; same for Indian Gardens Campgr...

In Pre-Trip Planning » R2R mid-June South to North
February 10, 12:11pm

PIF - Therma A Rests, etc.
Adan is taking the items.

In Gear Swap » PIF - Therm A Rests, etc.
February 10, 9:05am

PIF - Therm A Rests, etc.
Before I take the following items to a charity drop off, I am offering them to any BPL member. Items are: Two Therm A Rest inflatable mattresses, one of which is from the late 1960's/early ...

In Gear Swap » PIF - Therm A Rests, etc.
February 09, 5:16pm

Evolution Creek
I crossed Evolution Creek last week and, possibly due to the return of Sierra Monsoons, water was level was mid calf in a few places. However, no need to bring water crossing shoes. Lots of rain!

In GEAR » to bring water shoes or not to bring water shoes on the jmt
August 06, 11:55am

Old Nalgenes
I have three milky white Nalgene bottles, HVPE, number two plastic. Send me a PM and I will ship them to you at my expense to help. Although I do not often post, BPL has been source of helpful in...

In GEAR » Old style wide mouth Nalgene needed, quick!
April 25, 3:28pm

Bridgeport to Twin Lakes
Last summer, we exited at Twin Lakes needing a ride to Sonora Pass, where we parked. We inquired at the Mono Village office and one of their maintenance people drove us; I think we paid $80.00 plu...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Extended JMT logistics
April 01, 10:55am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald has posted no reviews.