Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Smith (jcar3305) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale East of Cascades
About Me Hiking for 32 years raised in a cabin north of Fairbanks AK. Married 20 years with 4 children. Dedicated ultralight hiker/backpacker. Also long distance canoeist. I like to spend time exploring an area in depth rather than go as far as possible. Moved to Yakima in 2006. Found White Pass to Chinook Pass on PCT and that will be my new playground for the next few years.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Smith

Showing 1 - 10 of 94 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Forum » Thread

Anyone interested in section hiking PCT (sections J and K) in Washington in September
I am hiking from Snoqualmie to Stehekin starting September 7th. I am fine hiking solo but I do love to talk so I would not mind hiking with a talker either. I am looking to hike around 20 or so...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Anyone interested in section hiking PCT (sections J and K) in Washington in September
July 25, 9:02pm

Post wonderland suggestion
2 great suggestions so far Another one is a hike to ingalls lake in Esmeralda basin. Esmeralda basin is south of my Stuart. The views of my Stuart are spectacular there. About 5 miles up to ing...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ideas for post wonderland trail hike?
July 20, 2:50pm

Let me know if you need any help
Greg, I live about 90 minutes away from Snoqualmie pass. You can give me a holler if you need. Also there is an REI in Issaquah as you are driving east on the I-90. I think it is exit 17 the...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Flying to Hike, and Need a Canister to Cook
July 16, 6:54pm

Where are you coming out?
Stehekin? If so there is a post office there that accepts general delivery all the time for PCT hikers. If you are going out at rainy pass and bypassing Stehekin, you are truly missing a great...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Storage Options for a PCT start from Sea-Tac ?
June 07, 11:24pm

Storage question at seatac
What if you mailed it to yourself general delivery? Maybe to a small town post office on the way after you are done or back to a post office near SeaTac?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Storage Options for a PCT start from Sea-Tac ?
June 07, 5:14pm

PCT Stevens Pass to Stehekin Washington
I did this lat August last year and it was beautiful and glorious. I grew up in Alaska and have done some all time classic trips there and this fit in nicely with the only difference being more peo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help!! Permits Denied!!
May 28, 12:07am

Hw to tell the difference between black and brown bears
When you see a bear and are unsure of which they are climb a tree. If the bear climbs after you and eats you, it is a black bear. If it pushes the tree down and eats you, it is a brown bear.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » I want to learn how to hike it bear country
May 21, 9:52pm

AS for me
Ian - I owe you money since you added me in. Let me know how much and how to pay you

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW GGG is a GO!
May 21, 10:34am

Hiking in bear country
I lived most of my life in Alaska and learned to hike there with abundant bears seemingly around every corner. I now live in Washington and have seen a few here but nowhere near as many. If you...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » I want to learn how to hike it bear country
May 17, 11:56pm

Coming from Yakima
I will be coming from Yakima and can pick up people on the way if needed. Just let me know well ahead of time to coordinate

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW GGG is a GO!
May 10, 8:21pm

All Reader Reviews by John Smith

John Smith has posted no reviews.