Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jared Hopkins (ic32987) - BPL Guest

My Locale Jared Hopkins hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me I'm mostly a day hiker and rock climber here on the east coast, but I'll be attempting a '12 SOBO PCT hike beginning early July. I'm also a very recent UL convert...pretty pumped about the weight savings.
CityBoston
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jared Hopkins

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Re: winter on the AT
Ben: I have not met your son, but I have been following his posts in the register for weeks and weeks. I am (or was until yesterday) hiking with a kid, Waffles, who found and kept a green straw ...

In Winter Hiking » Smokies in the winter: any tips on our setup?
November 17, 7:06am

Smokies in the winter: any tips on our setup?
Hi everyone, I am hiking the AT SOBO (presently), and got a late start. I am writing now from Harpers Ferry. I am looking for any advice on how I should be adjusting my gear for the mountains fr...

In Winter Hiking » Smokies in the winter: any tips on our setup?
November 16, 11:53am

Got my Rev. X
Just got my quilt -- and a lot earlier than I expected. I got a 6', 20° with 30% overfill, black out/orange in. First impression is that it's awesome. Super happy with the purchase, and ex...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing
May 27, 8:40pm

Re: Old Trad Backpacker Achieves Sub-10 lb Base Weight
Scotch. What an awesome gear addition! Congrats!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Old Trad Backpacker Achieves Sub-10 lb Base Weight
May 12, 7:37pm

Re: Cheap CCF vs. RidgeRest/ZRest (in terms of comfort)?
I use a Ridge Rest, and I don't notice too much difference in comfort compared to CCF. I like the RidgeRest because it's easy to roll up part of it to use as a pillow. I also sleep with som...

In GEAR » Cheap CCF vs. RidgeRest/ZRest (in terms of comfort)?
May 06, 1:46pm

PCT SOBO -- WA start?
Hi everyone, I've read a lot about the advantages/disadvantages of a SOBO thru. Mentioned often is a Harts Pass or Rainy Pass start to avoid the issues associated with starting at Manning Pa...

In Pre-Trip Planning » PCT SOBO -- WA start?
May 04, 12:26pm

re: SOBO PCT '12
Thanks for the feedback everyone, and for the link Anna. Stunning photos. Now that I've mysteriously become so obsessed with numbers, I appreciate the observation that I can deduct the poles...

In Gear Lists » SOBO PCT '12, first time trying to go UL.
April 30, 12:43pm

SOBO PCT '12, first time trying to go UL.
Hello everyone! Finally got a membership after weeks of lurking the forums. What a great resource. So anyway, my girlfriend and I are planning a thru hike beginning sometime in the first week...

In Gear Lists » SOBO PCT '12, first time trying to go UL.
April 29, 10:49am

All Reader Reviews by Jared Hopkins

Jared Hopkins has posted no reviews.