BPL Community Profile

adam wilson (hunter762) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me Currently deployed active duty Army scout sniper. Ive rucked for the army throughout TX,CA,Korea and Iraq. Love the outdoors and traveling and finally getting a chance to go light..to hit the trails hard and fast instead of slow and low! Looking forward to a round trip of Big Bend this year as my vacation.
CitySan Antonio
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by adam wilson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

re...platy drying
I second the freezing method....im constantly using bladder systems due to the job. Im actually a fan of camelbaks but the concept is the same between them and a platy. Figure the reason your tryin...

In GEAR » Platypus - how to dry them out
August 19, 2:56pm

Re: Permethrin
funny..military pushes us to use and treat our clothing with a liguid soak containing permethrin. Had a bad experince with it and ever since then ive avoided using it at all. Cant stand the stuff

In GEAR » RailRiders Eco-Mesh shirt...
August 19, 2:48pm

kifaru packs and tents
I own a kifaru MMR outfited with the optional topflap and longzip pouches on the sides. LOVE this ruck..this is my duty ruck thats seen alot of use in iraq, TX, CA, and GA. Carries a ton of weight ...

In GEAR » Kifaru Packs/Tents?
April 13, 8:25am

my 2 cents
Ive only used my 101 while dismounted and running around iraq but so far i love it! It dosnt have the ablilty to preplan a course like some GPS units..but when your out and about and have a GENERAL...

In GEAR » Foretrex 101 and Lithium Batteries
April 13, 6:29am

All Reader Reviews by adam wilson

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Suunto Vector
picked up the x lander not to long ago and have fallen in love. The nav features are more then enough for basic wandering around in the woods or wherever you happen to be. (being able to lock onto a a...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
August 19, 3:43pm

Maruchan Ramen
im sorry i cant back this at all...i know its cheap and quick to make but the sodium levels are way to high. I most adults i know need more than one pack to feel "full" so your only multiply...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
August 19, 3:28pm

Mountain House Blueberry Cheese Cake
bought this as a suprise for my wife..one of those "hun you busted your butt on the trail have a lil dessert things" turned out pretty dam good! the cheesecake was thick and tasted better th...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
August 19, 3:10pm