BPL Community Profile

Herman E (hre814) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Herman E has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Herman E

Showing 1 - 10 of 51 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum » Thread

For Sale: various tops, jackets, packs
Various pieces for sale. Please PM or email at alaskaoutdoors(at)runbox.com. Email is best No set price listed. Contact me if interested and we can likely come up with a reasonable price. I do...

In Gear Swap » For Sale: various tops, jackets, packs
October 24, 7:41pm

Two packs
I have an Alpine Lowe Yocton 35 and a Granite Gear Vapor Day. PM me if interested

In Gear Swap » Wtb: 30-40L daypack/climbing pack
August 02, 8:16pm

Back to the point of this thread...
Justin, How old is your kid? I've been through a 10,8,5,3 year old camping and backpacking. Keep them well fed and most importantly hydrated, makes a huge difference. A little dehydr...

In GEAR » Camping with Toddlers
July 31, 1:47am

Pyramid shelter
I have a 10,8,5,3 year old and wife. We've used a go lite shangrila 5. I also have an MLD pyramid shelter that I had bear paw designs sew in a bathtub floor and perimeter netting. An inner net ...

In GEAR » Okay, so here is the new scenario.....(family and solo backpacking)..what's the perfect set-up?
July 30, 1:03am

Keen Targhee II mids
I can't recommend these enough. Very comfortable. The Voyageur is the light weight version. My wife loves hers. My friend just got some and likes them so far. Been wearing them for 4 years now....

In GEAR » Confused about hiking boot choices..
May 30, 11:03pm

Either
I'd buy either. Prefer holes.

In Gear Deals » Titanium Sand/Snow Stakes
May 10, 2:45am

Synthetic
14 days, Sheenjek to Achilik, my partner and I both had synthetic. (Down sleeping bags). Fleece can work, but may be heavy for the warmth it will give you compared to my Montbell hooded synthetic o...

In GEAR » Down vs Synthetic Puffy in the Brooks Range
May 01, 4:12am

Tried it
Tried it, have a pack, and I don't use it. It wasn't for me, and the bypass strap system just doesn't do that much for me compared to my standard suspension on other packs.

In GEAR » Mchale Bypass Strap System
April 01, 12:33am

Tarp Tent
I used a double rainbow for two of us. Worked great. One of my pyramids would've worked just as well.

In GEAR » Shoes for the Brooks Range
February 19, 4:25am

Keens
To give you an idea, I used Keen Targhee II mids for 14 days, Sheenjek to Achilik River across the divide. That type of sole did great. No worries.

In GEAR » Shoes for the Brooks Range
February 14, 10:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Herman E

Herman E has posted no reviews.