BPL Community Profile

Herman E (hre814) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Herman E has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Herman E

Showing 1 - 10 of 48 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

Pyramid shelter
I have a 10,8,5,3 year old and wife. We've used a go lite shangrila 5. I also have an MLD pyramid shelter that I had bear paw designs sew in a bathtub floor and perimeter netting. An inner net ...

In GEAR » Okay, so here is the new scenario.....(family and solo backpacking)..what's the perfect set-up?
July 30, 1:03am

Keen Targhee II mids
I can't recommend these enough. Very comfortable. The Voyageur is the light weight version. My wife loves hers. My friend just got some and likes them so far. Been wearing them for 4 years now....

In GEAR » Confused about hiking boot choices..
May 30, 11:03pm

Either
I'd buy either. Prefer holes.

In Gear Deals » Titanium Sand/Snow Stakes
May 10, 2:45am

Synthetic
14 days, Sheenjek to Achilik, my partner and I both had synthetic. (Down sleeping bags). Fleece can work, but may be heavy for the warmth it will give you compared to my Montbell hooded synthetic o...

In GEAR » Down vs Synthetic Puffy in the Brooks Range
May 01, 4:12am

Tried it
Tried it, have a pack, and I don't use it. It wasn't for me, and the bypass strap system just doesn't do that much for me compared to my standard suspension on other packs.

In GEAR » Mchale Bypass Strap System
April 01, 12:33am

Tarp Tent
I used a double rainbow for two of us. Worked great. One of my pyramids would've worked just as well.

In GEAR » Shoes for the Brooks Range
February 19, 4:25am

Keens
To give you an idea, I used Keen Targhee II mids for 14 days, Sheenjek to Achilik River across the divide. That type of sole did great. No worries.

In GEAR » Shoes for the Brooks Range
February 14, 10:04pm

Jacket info
It's probably best to do an internet search or go to Black Diamond's site for the manufacturer specs.

In Gear Swap » Black Diamond Access Hybrid Hoody
February 05, 1:45am

Black Diamond Boost pack
Used a couple of times. Like new condition. M/L $75 shipped

In Gear Swap » Black Diamond Boost pack
February 04, 8:56pm

$110 shipped
$110 shipped to US

In Gear Swap » Black Diamond Access Hybrid Hoody
February 04, 8:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Herman E

Herman E has posted no reviews.