BPL Community Profile

Herman E (hre814) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Herman E has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Herman E

Showing 1 - 10 of 44 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

Tried it
Tried it, have a pack, and I don't use it. It wasn't for me, and the bypass strap system just doesn't do that much for me compared to my standard suspension on other packs.

In GEAR » Mchale Bypass Strap System
April 01, 12:33am

Tarp Tent
I used a double rainbow for two of us. Worked great. One of my pyramids would've worked just as well.

In GEAR » Shoes for the Brooks Range
February 19, 4:25am

Keens
To give you an idea, I used Keen Targhee II mids for 14 days, Sheenjek to Achilik River across the divide. That type of sole did great. No worries.

In GEAR » Shoes for the Brooks Range
February 14, 10:04pm

Jacket info
It's probably best to do an internet search or go to Black Diamond's site for the manufacturer specs.

In Gear Swap » Black Diamond Access Hybrid Hoody
February 05, 1:45am

Black Diamond Boost pack
Used a couple of times. Like new condition. M/L $75 shipped

In Gear Swap » Black Diamond Boost pack
February 04, 8:56pm

$110 shipped
$110 shipped to US

February 04, 8:55pm

Black Diamond Access Hybrid Hoody
Large Grey Like new, used three times this early winter Not working out for me Email me with any questions: alaskaoutdoors "at symbol" runbox.com $125 shipped (within US)

January 09, 2:39am

Microspikes
Kahtoola Microspikes have served we well here in AK in all seasons, even in the summer on slick grass mountainsides. They are relatively light. If not those, instep crampons are likely the next bes...

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 06, 12:21am

DR
I have a DR and it served me well with a partner for 14 days in the Brooks Range. I felt we had the room we needed. With a dog it would be plenty big. That SS1 looks huge for a hiker and dog. I'...

In GEAR » Occasional two person tent - Stratospire 1 or Double Rainbow?
December 06, 12:17am

Both
If you can't afford both at this time, I would buy the snowshoes first if you are doing SAR, that way you have some overland way of travel this winter. Next winter get the skis.

In GEAR » Calling all Altai Hok users!
December 06, 12:12am

All Reader Reviews by Herman E

Herman E has posted no reviews.