Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Olah (gorgar3141) - BPL Guest

My Locale New Mexico
About Me Mark Olah has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Olah

Showing 1 - 10 of 18 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Primus eta power pot
I also have the 2L Primus eta power pot with the heat exchangers. Can't say I use it for backpacking as I have several nice Ti pots (MSR Titan) which I prefer. I use it mainly for car camping...

In GEAR » Favorite Hard Anodized Al Pots, solo, 2p and 3-4p group?
April 24, 2:32pm

LHT
I have done several trips on the LHT through the seven springs section in winter. Make sure to stop at the Seven Springs lodge on top of the mountain to warm up by the fire. The trail goes right ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking laurelhighlands trail, pa in winter?
November 06, 1:37am

Mt. Sneffels/Blue Lakes Trail
Early Aug. is fairly predictable weather in the southern Rockies. Calm clear mornings, and violent afternoon thunderstorms. It will thunderstorm in the afternoon, it's just a question of when...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Sneffels/Blue Lakes Trail
July 12, 6:03pm

Hauling water
If you are hauling that much water, you probably are drinking constantly and not refiling any water, so get a 3L hydration bladder with hose. The few extra oz for the hose is worth it, and hopeful...

In GEAR » Hauling water
July 05, 1:50am

tyvek tape
Tyvek tape is the bomb! It has a permanent waterproof adhesive meant for weather proof construction applications---it will not turn gummy, dry out and and fall off like duct tape. It will definit...

In GEAR » Tyvek tape?
June 19, 5:00pm

Repairing broken trekking poles.
Great review Ray! I'd be interested to hear if you are able to easily get a replacement section for your broken pole, and how easy the repair is. I do a lot of off-trail bushwhacking and have...

In Editor's Roundtable » Easton Mountain Products CTR-70 Trekking Poles Review
March 28, 9:07am

cell phone-- bringin' it?
Just wanted to point out a few facts from the perspective an an active mountain rescue volunteer. In response to earlier questions that when dialling 911, the phone system will use any available...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » cell phone-- bringin' it?
February 24, 4:45pm

WP/B Shoes
I have read countless articles extolling the virtues of minimalist synthetic trail runners with mesh sides. Typically authors (e.g. Dave) take the viewpoint that there is no room for debate---WP/B...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
February 22, 2:38pm

Garmin Vista
I've had my Garmin Vista HCx for several (5?) years. It comes with me on every hike/bike/backpack/ski trip I've done and stays on the whole trip to record my travels. It's been droppe...

In GEAR » Gear: What breaks when and why?
February 17, 1:45am

Homebrewing
Since your local gov't is still stuck in the 1920's, you should try brewing your own. You can make it as strong as you like and any style you like. No need to drive anywhere, everything y...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 21 on the 14th!!
November 15, 11:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Olah

Mark Olah has posted no reviews.