Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Graeme Finley (gfinley001) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Graeme Finley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Graeme Finley

Showing 1 - 10 of 90 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Attitude
One aspect that was touched on that I found to be most critical was attitude, and specifically whether people enjoyed the lifestyle of thruhiking. For people who bought into the lifestyle everythi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking versus Thru-hiking
September 21, 1:29pm

Colorado Trail conditions in early July
Can anyone give me some idea of the likely conditions on the southern half of the CO Trail in the first couple of weeks of July? I'm trying to get a sense of the probable snow/spring run-off/bu...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail conditions in early July
May 17, 2:34pm

Re: PCT Sleeping Pad
I'd question your initial assumption that you need one pad for the entire trip. I'm also a side sleeper (and got really skinny by the end of the trip). What I did was use a cut down Ridger...

In GEAR » PCT Sleeping Pad
October 14, 3:05pm

Re: Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort: Osprey side pockets
I always enjoy Roger's reviews and generally agree with most of what he says, but I have to say that I disagree with almost everything in this article. I think it's because I'm coming ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
September 15, 2:04pm

WA/VA hikes
Try www.midatlantichikes.com

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Jefferson/George Washington national forests virginia
June 13, 1:33pm

RE: My gross story
Funny you got Giardia going south from Sonora Pass. When I hiked the PCT I got something (Gardia/Crypto) twice, and the first time it hit me a little south of Lake Tahoe. I have a suspicion it mig...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia
June 09, 2:16pm

Thank you for the feedback!
Another option instead of full blown crampons that are often used by PCT hikers (especially this year) are Kahtoola Microspikes. They're lighter than crampons, less likely to cut you open in a ...

In GEAR » Ice axe / crampons for early July JMT
May 28, 12:35pm

Ultralight mountaineering boots and crampons
Depends how you define "full on" (i.e. do you need plastic boots with a removable liner?) but I've used the Scarpa Chamoz to climb Mt Shasta and really like them. They're designe...

In GEAR » Ultralight mountaineering boots and crampons
May 26, 2:16pm

list of local hiking forums
MD/VA/WV hikes: http://www.midatlantichikes.com/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » list of local hiking forums
May 24, 1:20pm

Easy overnight near Tahoe
My wife and I would like to do an easy overnight trip over Memorial Day weekend. It'll be the last backbacking trip we'll have together before my wife has our baby at the end of July. We&...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Easy overnight near Tahoe
May 17, 8:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Graeme Finley

Graeme Finley has posted no reviews.