Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gordon Forrest (gf2020) - BPL Guest

My Locale Gordon Forrest hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gordon Forrest has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gordon Forrest

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Micropur
I think a filter is completely unnecessary at Philmont. Our trek this past season was during one of the driest periods of a very dry summer. We had 4 dry camps instead of the 2 planned but we alw...

In Philmont » Water Purification - Really?
September 17, 6:28pm

Reyurned last week
A couple observations having just returned from Philmont last week (Crew 731-E, Trek 22)... Freezer bag cooking is not being permitted at all at Philmont. Additionally, not all of the dinner me...

In Philmont » freezer bag cooking
August 20, 12:07pm

It will never work
As the father of twin almost 16-year old boys, who now stand 6'4" and 6'2" and are still growing, I'll just say that it is not realistic to try and get that long a span of use...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Youth Scout Packs?
July 13, 9:12am

Seal Line Bags
For about $13 per bag on sale, we are going with the Seal Line Cirrus 20L ultralight, silicone-impregnated nylon dry bag. http://cascadedesigns.com/sealline/dry-sacks/cirrus-sack/product 2.3 ...

In Philmont » Bear Bags and food
June 13, 10:40am

Personal Fitness
I would say that even more important than formal shakedown activities is physical preparedness. Even if you aren't able to get everyone together for a couple of weekend backpacking trips to ...

In Philmont » Philmont Crew Prep
May 15, 11:55am

Merrell
I would just stick with the Merrell Phaser Peak you already have. It's not like that is a real heavy boot anyways.

In Philmont » Boots v. Shoes at Philmont
April 25, 7:17pm

Sea to Summit
Mark, have you found a good source for those 20L bags? campsaver.com has a good price but they don't appear to have enough in stock.

In Philmont » Philmont bearbagging
April 13, 6:08am

Go with a real tent
Floorless tarps and whatnot may work fine for Philmont but they are not practical for year round Scout use in New England where I live. Our Troop does not backpack very much either, our shakedow...

In Philmont » Some tent questions
April 06, 10:03am

Go Lite Odyssey
Get the Go Lite Odyssey for $89 on clearance while it lasts. http://www.golite.com/Ms-Odyssey-P734.aspx For Sean above, our crew will be at Philmont starting July 31.

In Philmont » Backpack Help
March 11, 6:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Gordon Forrest

Gordon Forrest has posted no reviews.