BPL Community Profile

Mercutio Stencil (fuzz2050) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mercutio Stencil hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mercutio Stencil has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mercutio Stencil

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Thanks alot for all of the ideas guys.
The best cheap alternative to a NeoAir is simply a cheap NeoAir. Dale is right, REI garage sales are full of air mattresses that have leaks, often for $15 or so. The corollary is that they aren...

In GEAR » Cheaper alternative to neo air?
February 23, 5:54pm

Great deals
An original Neo-Air for $15. It was marked as 'leaky,' so I purchased a patch kit as well. As the leak was on a seam, Cascade Designs replaced it with a brand new Neo-Air X-lite. I also...

In GEAR » Post your REI Garage Sale scores
April 08, 10:42am

Teflon safety
Teflon is actually pretty safe to eat; the same properties that make it non-stick also make it almost entirely biologically inert. While I'm not saying it would be a good idea to eat large amou...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Pot Rust
December 02, 12:02pm

fit is tough
I think that part of the problem might be that people (of all shapes, sizes and genders) vary an awful lot. It's hard for a clothing company to create a pant (or shirt, or jacket) that suites e...

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
September 22, 7:57pm

Creative loss prevention
I can't vouch firsthand for the efficacy of this technique, but I've heard of people buying a starter's pistol and putting it in their checked luggage. It's legal to fly with a chec...

In GEAR » TSA carry on and checkins
August 21, 11:24pm

Breaking in
It depends on the material. For the most part, leather can be broken in, but most synthetics just sort of break.

In GEAR » Breaking-in Secondhand Boots
June 03, 10:12pm

Nothing wrong with Novara
There's nothing wrong with the Novara bike you posted, but I think you should refrain from making any major purchases until you really know how you're going to use it. If you're relativ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Novara Express
March 18, 4:24am

Re: REI
I'm pretty sure REI is a Co-op, at least nominally. You pay dues (do you even pay dues? I've just been using my parents membership) and get a dividend that represents your share of the prof...

In GEAR » REI Flash 30 sightings?
March 17, 9:43pm

Fat Boys
I like Specialized Fat Boys, despite the name, they are high pressure slick tires. They don't have quite the durability of the Schwalbes, but for $25, they don't have too.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » gettin' slick
February 28, 9:59am

Quarter Dome
I actually just did something very similar with my Quarter Dome. The one advantage of a dome is that I was able to just run a two lines in a cross from either corner to maintain the shape of the te...

In GEAR » Setting up a BA Fly Creek UL2 in the rain
February 18, 12:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Mercutio Stencil

Mercutio Stencil has posted no reviews.