BPL Community Profile

Mercutio Stencil (fuzz2050) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mercutio Stencil hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mercutio Stencil has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mercutio Stencil

Showing 1 - 10 of 23 | Page: 1 2 3

Forum » Thread

Pat's
I was given a few samples of the first batch of beer concentrate, and while the process is technically interesting, the product just didn't taste all that good. It was identifiably beer, but ab...

In GEAR » Pat's Backcountry Beer...
July 03, 10:07am

Platypus damage
I've had one Platypus die on my, and it was user error, I guess. I left it out after a trip, and one of my cats got to it. Luckily most of the teeth ended up in the non-structural base, but a f...

In GEAR » Platypus: Durability, Repair, Technique
June 09, 12:06am

Re: Re: beer
I've had that Pat's beer, and really wasn't impressed. Think mediocre homebrew. I've heard that the recipe has improved since the first batch though, and I'd be willing to try i...

In GEAR » Hydration for trail runs?
May 30, 9:42pm

Re: Re: Thanks alot for all of the ideas guys.
The best cheap alternative to a NeoAir is simply a cheap NeoAir. Dale is right, REI garage sales are full of air mattresses that have leaks, often for $15 or so. The corollary is that they aren...

In GEAR » Cheaper alternative to neo air?
February 23, 5:54pm

Great deals
An original Neo-Air for $15. It was marked as 'leaky,' so I purchased a patch kit as well. As the leak was on a seam, Cascade Designs replaced it with a brand new Neo-Air X-lite. I also...

In GEAR » Post your REI Garage Sale scores
April 08, 10:42am

Teflon safety
Teflon is actually pretty safe to eat; the same properties that make it non-stick also make it almost entirely biologically inert. While I'm not saying it would be a good idea to eat large amou...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Pot Rust
December 02, 12:02pm

fit is tough
I think that part of the problem might be that people (of all shapes, sizes and genders) vary an awful lot. It's hard for a clothing company to create a pant (or shirt, or jacket) that suites e...

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
September 22, 7:57pm

Creative loss prevention
I can't vouch firsthand for the efficacy of this technique, but I've heard of people buying a starter's pistol and putting it in their checked luggage. It's legal to fly with a chec...

In GEAR » TSA carry on and checkins
August 21, 11:24pm

Breaking in
It depends on the material. For the most part, leather can be broken in, but most synthetics just sort of break.

In GEAR » Breaking-in Secondhand Boots
June 03, 10:12pm

Nothing wrong with Novara
There's nothing wrong with the Novara bike you posted, but I think you should refrain from making any major purchases until you really know how you're going to use it. If you're relativ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Novara Express
March 18, 4:24am

All Reader Reviews by Mercutio Stencil

Mercutio Stencil has posted no reviews.