BPL Community Profile

Ben Pearre (fugue137) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Ben Pearre hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ben Pearre has not added a biography yet.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Pearre

Showing 1 - 10 of 38 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Stability
I just ordered one, and I look forward to seeing whether these stability concerns hold up in practice. It wouldn't weigh more (a gram or 2 at most) to offer a base that doesn't taper, an...

In GEAR » BackCountry Boiler
July 09, 12:34pm

There is no wrist drawcord!
Ron writes "The wrist draw cord sleeve [munch]". That seems deceptive: there is no wrist draw cord sleeve. If there were, the gloves wouldn't keep sliding off. I guess Ron is ref...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs eVENT Rain Mitt Review
January 23, 1:48pm

Thanks... also, that paddle?
Timely! Many thanks! I'm looking forward to upgrading to a system somewhat like the one that you describe, although for candids (and wildlife, on occasion) I really do want autofocus and I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sony NEX-7 Digital Camera Review
November 24, 6:23pm

More heat exchanger pot thoughts
I would guess that the heat exchanger becomes less important as the pot diameter increases, but that's just a guess. Heat exchangers on the bottom of the pot probably won't be removable,...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 1: Basic Framework for Selecting A Cooking Pot and Predicting Fuel Needs
November 24, 10:54am

Imparting functional understanding?
It seems to me that at your level of perfectionism, and given the difficulties you're having, you may need someone on-site who has a functional understanding of your tents. That would requir...

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
November 07, 1:06pm

The world beyond sodium
One recent paper ( http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1550-2783-7-28.pdf ) found that Gatorade was not a particularly good choice for recovery after high-intensity exercise, and that another ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hydration for Lightweight Backpackers
July 29, 9:35pm

urine colour
"...sources of fuel for energy and what macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats, proteins) you consume will not alter urine color." Beets. Yup, if you eat those and forget by the next d...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hydration for Lightweight Backpackers
July 29, 9:03pm

Jar / another idea
Have you looked at protein powder containers? Still, the screw-top will be the But if you really only bring your camera out at night, you could wrap it in your sleeping bag...?

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight SLR Camera carrying
July 26, 11:14am

Whisky?
David: You're still being imprecise. _What_ whisky? If you're carrying something weaker than cask strength, you'll never hear the end of it here.

In GEAR » Z Packs Arc Blast w/~25 lbs?
July 17, 2:42pm

Re: Re: Survey of pack weights?
I'd be curious to see a graph of pack weight vs. household income. Not everyone (especially in rural Canada) considers upgrading a piece of kit while the current item is still functional. Alt...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Survey of pack weights?
July 14, 10:55am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Pearre

Ben Pearre has posted no reviews.