Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

F. Thomas Matica (ftm1776) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vancouver, WA
About Me F. Thomas Matica has not added a biography yet.
CityVancouver
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by F. Thomas Matica

Showing 1 - 10 of 121 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Camera Mount
I simply screwed a double-ended lag/1/4-20 bolt into the top of my pole. Lag into the top of the rubber handle; 1/4-20 into the camera. Planted in firm dirt it can still be a little tipsy but it be...

In GEAR » Replacing Rounded Carbide Tips on Trekking Poles
November 14, 2:59pm

Removing the Rubber Portion
John, Do you think that a heat gun would have made the rubber sleeve removal easier? I'm referring to the really hot kind, like 1000 degrees, not just a hair drier. It could greatly softe...

In GEAR » Replacing Rounded Carbide Tips on Trekking Poles
November 02, 3:33pm

Pitch Method????
RE: Stratospire 1 I watched the videos and looked at the sketches in the thread. i.e., the "pitch demo" video got me thinking and I really like the 2 peg pitch of my Moment. Your th...

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
August 30, 7:53pm

Why Take the Chance???
I'd say if you must experience drinking from puddles, do it on day hikes when the consequences may not be so dire as when out for several days. Or hope that it doesn't strike until you get ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
August 13, 9:56am

Ultralight Tip of the Week
Yes, Mike, thinking can get in the way. Naming that flower can put an end to really knowing it. The flower is our teacher and silence is our connection with it. Backcountry Buddhism at its finest.

July 06, 1:29pm

"Solar Cooker" Homemade and Cheap ! Yes !
Thanks, Ken. I've got one in my car right now ! Ultralight price - $150.00 Synicism abounds !

In GEAR » Solar Cooker
June 26, 5:13pm

Solar Cooker
Has anyone got any info on solar ovens/cookers for backpacking use?? It doesn't have to be super light. Portability is important though. Comments or suggested threads would be appreciated.

In GEAR » Solar Cooker
June 26, 2:44pm

Ultralight Tip of the Week
Better get some baggies on those feet if you want to keep the bears away! ! ! ! !

June 12, 1:04pm

From User of Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1
My UL1 weighed in, with all pegs, poles and sacks, at just under 3 pounds. I bought it for mild winter use as it has lots of room and high sides to keep blowing snow and dirt out. I found that, onc...

In Gear Swap » FS: Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 with Footprint
June 09, 10:43am

Lid Concerns
I haven't read the whole thread, so bear with me, if redundant, please. I had initial concerns about how "my" system would pack without a lid. I've used just the tin foil lid, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, Healthy Meals with an Ultralight Cook Kit
June 01, 5:01pm

All Reader Reviews by F. Thomas Matica

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Western Mountaineering The Company
I have a new WM Summerlite. I love the bag. Good quality. Good materials. I don't expect less and did not get less. The lack of a phone number on the website is ridiculous, absurd, rude! I was t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 24, 12:11pm

Mountain Dew 1 Liter
Gatorade or other pop bottles are great, sized for your personal preferences of drinking an carrying. Cheap to replace if getting grungy. I also like to take a collapsible or two to minimize space req...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
March 04, 4:19pm