Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Frank Oslick (franko1946) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Frank Oslick hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Frank Oslick has not added a biography yet.
CityNear Seattle
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Frank Oslick

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
Stephenson makes several statements about physics & physiology without offering anything to back them up aside from stating that he was trained as an engineer & so, presumably, understands ...

In GEAR » Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
January 14, 11:13am

Methanol poisioning
If you google methanol poisoning you will see that the preferred treatment is ingestion of ethanol. I was just fooling around with Heet in my alky stoves & spilled some on my hands in addition ...

In GEAR » Laboratory Grade Ethanol
July 10, 2:36pm

What next?
I don't know what you plan to do after the PCT, but your writing is professional quality. Clear, simple, and honest.

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 13, 4:46pm

Integral Designs
I own several Integral Designs products (slow learner) and they all have two things in common: quality construction and poor design.

In Editor's Roundtable » Integral Designs eVent Pullover Review
April 13, 11:49am

Pillows
For the past few years I've used balloons for pillows. Not by themselves; in a stuff sack or something similar. They cost little, weigh nothing, & deflate with ease - I just pop them. My wi...

In GEAR » Is there a better foam pillow?
March 11, 7:57pm

gas stoves
"Interesting to note that "back in the day", high altitude Himalayan expeditions favored the old Gaz 206 Bluet stoves. These worked fine in this situation because in spite of the col...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Effect of Cold on Gas Canisters
October 28, 11:33pm

Penberthy
Interesting story behind the first MSR stove, as told to me by Penberthy himself. It seems that he was on top of Rainier with a friend when the friend developed altitude sickness that turned into p...

In Editor's Roundtable » Everything Weighs Something
September 01, 10:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Frank Oslick

Frank Oslick has posted no reviews.