Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 1 - 10 of 135 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

time to go - Heck yea it is!
Right on, Jennifer! My wife and I are in the same boat - We start our 2-week trek of the BSL on Wednesday :) It really is rewarding to know you've planned and prepared well for something....

In Chaff » time to go...
June 11, 4:43pm

+1 on Bellingham
I lived in Bellingham for 3 years. Loved it - wish we hadn't moved! TONS of outdoor activities and groups very nearby, good food, good beer. Boundary Bay is the go-to, but there are quite a ...

In Chaff » Granite Falls, WA
June 05, 2:41pm

I like it a lot, gonna buy one to try out on my upcoming long hike. Good find. It looks to me like the straw is to let air into the bottle as the water empties. Edit: Ben beat me to it! :)

In GEAR » New favorite luxury item, the Simple Shower
May 27, 10:52am

Re: Just got laid off and it stinks
Yep, it sucks. I've got quite the "got laid off" story myself. I got laid off a few years ago - It was my first "real" job after college, and I moved myself and my then-g...

In Chaff » Just got laid off and it stinks.
May 22, 3:37pm

Hubba Hubba vs SS2
Some random thoughts: Doesn't sound like you're missing much to me. I'm sure you've guessed that many opinions on usable space inside a shelter can be exaggerated...That said, ta...

In GEAR » total tent confusion Hubba Hubba vs Stratospire2
May 13, 5:23pm

Re: Tarptent StratoSpire2 setup
Thanks, Franco. I was hoping I'd hear from you on this. Sounds like I don't need to worry about using it either way without the pole handle adapters.

In GEAR » Tarptent StratoSpire2 setup
May 05, 4:12pm

Have you checked out Caltopo? You should be able to get all the overlays you could ever want. I'm very much a beginner using the features, so I can't give you specific instructions. Ther...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Overlaying trails onto google earth?
May 05, 1:09pm

Tarptent StratoSpire2 setup
I was just watching Franco's setup video of the SS2, and it shows him putting the trekking poles in handle up, without the pole handle adapters, and just setting it up that way. Does that wo...

In GEAR » Tarptent StratoSpire2 setup
May 05, 1:05pm

Re: Haven net tent now 44" wide
^ Very informative photo, thanks. Looks like the large NeoAirs fit nicely. The description on SMD's website is where it says 44in wide. It shows it in the image, and in the description...alt...

In GEAR » Haven net tent now 44" wide
May 05, 10:31am

Re: Haven net tent now 44" wide
Thanks for the info, John. I'll definitely check with Hike Light to see if they have any old versions in stock.

In GEAR » Haven net tent now 44" wide
May 04, 10:23am

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.