BPL Community Profile

Michael Gardner (ekim765) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me 28 y/o Firefighter/Paramedic, native of sunny (flat, hot, humid, over-developed) South Florida. I'm fairly new to lightweight backpacking and I've come a long way from the weekend 35-40+ lbs pack from only a couple of years ago, to just under 8 lbs. I also LOVE mountain biking (yes, we do that here too), kayaking and scuba diving.
CityStuart
StateFlori-duh
CountryU.S.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Gardner

Showing 1 - 10 of 53 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum » Thread

Re: Good headlamp for ME
I also like the Princeton Tec EOS. I keep one on my USAR helmet at work, have straped one to my bike helmet and taken it in the outdoors with me. I've seen prices anywhere from $30-$40. I was r...

In GEAR » Good headlamp for ME
June 05, 7:05am

Sold out
Just checked.... sold out.... bummer!

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Micro Puff Hooded Jacket $49 from $225 XL ONLY at Cabelas.
February 09, 6:35am

Re: My General 3 Season Gear List
For deodorant I have used Iodone swabs. They don't stop the sweat but they do block the stank w/ their antibacteral properties. I've gotten about 2 days of non-to-minimal stank w/ 1 applica...

In Gear Lists » My General 3 Season Gear List
August 01, 3:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Reducing Pinnacle weight
Ahhhh... Thanks Daniel. I started to think I was getting REALLY good at this UL thing. My bad everyone... I shed 5-6 oz.

In GEAR » GoLite Jam2 Functionality Question
July 22, 11:44am

Re: Reducing Pinnacle weight
Gary, Now that you ask and I look at the numbers again 10 oz. seems a bit extreme. But when I look at the advertised weights (I know a little optimistic at times) of 30 oz. and my current weigh...

July 22, 10:51am

Golite Jam 2
I don't have the Jam 2, I have the Pinnical which I believe is almost an identical design, just on a larger scale. I also removed the hydration sleeve from mine and don't recall it being to...

July 22, 8:31am

Re: Rock Sack
I've had some success with using my homemade trowel as a weight. It only weighs 1 oz, but I've had no real trouble geting it up to a tree branch about 20-25 ft. up. Sometimes you have to co...

In GEAR » Rock Sack
January 18, 7:49pm

Re: New to Backpacking
Also for some light gear keep an eye on the gear swap forums on this site. You can find some pretty sweet deals sometimes.

In Gear Lists » New to Backpacking
December 19, 3:08pm

"Recommendations on a Wood/Alcohol Stove"
I think that if I were to go with a wood AND alcohol stove I'd pick the Ti-Tri Caldera too. One system to do it all. It depends on what you're cooking or how much H2O you need to boil. It l...

In GEAR » Recommendations on a Wood/Alcohol Stove
December 18, 10:47pm

Re: Razor and tape and hair
Brad, I just found their web site, securitas-inc.com. Too bad they're a wholesaler because I've been trying to find a finger toothbrush. If only there was a retailer around that could c...

In Philosophy & Technique » What's in your first aid kit?
August 25, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Gardner

Michael Gardner has posted no reviews.