BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 1 - 10 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Lightweight Cooking Kit
What is your lightweight cooking kit? Not just something to boil water with, but an actual cooking kit. I usually only carry a cook kit that allows me to boil water, but I am wandering what other...

In GEAR » Lightweight Cooking Kit
June 27, 11:09pm

WTB One Person Tarp
I am taking steps to lighten my base weight (aren't we all), and the shelter is up next. I am currently using a TT Contrail, and I want a tarp that is at least half that weight (24 oz; making ...

In Gear Swap » WTB One Person Tarp
June 27, 11:01pm

Re: 11.4 oz 78x20x2.5" Sleeping pad :)
So...when are you going to start selling these?

In Make Your Own Gear » 11.4 oz 78x20x2.5" Sleeping pad :)
October 19, 9:10pm

GVP Caldera Cone Opinions
I got my GVP Cook System a couple of days ago and have spent the last couple of nights messing with it trying to figure all the little details out. One question I have is "what kind of boil t...

In GEAR » GVP Caldera Cone Opinions
October 15, 11:13am

Thanks
Thanks you guys. Doesn't sound like I (or anyone) have a wall that size. May just have to keep up with it on the computer.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 7.5 map question
October 10, 5:32pm

7.5 map question
Most of my hiking is done in Arkansas, and that is the basis of my question. I know it would not be to practical, but how large of an area would I need for a 7.5 minute topo map of arkansas? I am...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 7.5 map question
October 09, 3:18pm

Ohm
I'd like to be next in line if the first buyer falls through. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: Garage cleaning: Ohm, VT, Xtreme, Northern Lite Elites, etc,
September 09, 3:52pm

Montbell Sprial Hugger #1 vs WM Ultralite
I am in the market for a new "cold weather" bag. I have a WM Highlite right now, but it is my coldest weather bag, and it is only rated to 35 degrees(although I've gotten it down to ...

In GEAR » Montbell Sprial Hugger #1 vs WM Ultralite
September 08, 12:19pm

Shops in Boulder
I am taking a trip to CO in June, and I am trying to figure out all the backpacking stores in the area. Instead of doing an internet search and finding the addresses of stores, I figued I'd as...

In Chaff » Shops in Boulder
April 08, 11:57am

Re: Re: Lightweight Mug?
Good point Brad. And it sure would beat sucking it down from my 1 qt plastic stove caddy before it gets cold. I really like some of the snow peak mugs. Anyone ever had problems out of these?

In GEAR » Lightweight Mug?
March 24, 3:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.