BPL Community Profile

Don Ashton (dash1730) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Don Ashton hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Ashton has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Ashton

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Granite Gear Air-Pair Stuff Sack
I am looking for 1 Large Granite Gear Air-Pair Stuff Sack (with access from both ends ). I couldn't get your link to come up, but what I am seeking is at . http://www.backcountry.com/granit...

In Gear Swap » FS- Simblissity UnSlack pack-granite gear air pair stuff sacks
June 11, 1:21pm

Tears and smiles
What a disappointment, but I had to smile at my wisdom in buying a Scarp 1 by Tarp Tent almost 2 years ago that have none of Vargo's disadvantages. The Scarp is spacious, well designed, immacu...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vango Helium Superlite 200 Tent Review
September 29, 6:07am

Spare baselayer shirt ?
Several years ago, I stopped carrying spare clothes, except for socks. I wear a long sleeve merino shirt which keeps me reasonably comfortable from 40 F to 90 F. That includes steep climbs wi...

In GEAR » Spare baselayer shirt ??
June 05, 7:20pm

Cryptosporidium and 4 hours
I have no solid info on the issue, but have recently read two articles giving me pause. The first is says "With the introduction of chlorine dioxide droplets or tablets to the market, now...

In GEAR » Aquamira LIQUID drops vs. Aquamira TABLETS
April 25, 7:24pm

Scarp 1 revised rainfly is a reality
I just got an email from Henry announcing the availability of the new rain fly. He says: As some of you know, the Scarp 1 has been revised for 2010. You can see the changes here. http://w...

In Post-Trip Reports » Best time/routes for Scotland
December 22, 10:26am

TT Scarp 1 vs. MSR Reflex
One difference between the tents that turned me on to the Scarp tent is that the inner tent is 90% fabric, not mosquito netting. I value the extra insulation and resulting 5-10 degree warmth the s...

In GEAR » Tarptent vs MSR
November 01, 5:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Ashton

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
I have had my pack four months and have taken it on three weekend trips. It is exceeding my expectations in many ways. It is well known that ULA makes great packs. Through email and phone I asked B...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 09, 7:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Having been convinced by consistently positive reviews of Rocky over-socks I was prompted to buy a pair. Since my local REI store had none in, I was hesitant about the right size. Their on-line stor...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 09, 3:11am