BPL Community Profile

victoria maki (clt1953) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale northern minnesota
About Me i have hiked every summer for many years in isle royal park. it is an excellent adventure. i have hiked the superior hiking trail out of two harbors. very enjoyable. i am a lab tech. in a moderate size clinic. i also enjoy x-country skiing and kayaking, but my first love is backpacking. I'm hooked...especially since i have discovered ultralight.
Cityvirginia
Stateminnesota
Countryusa
My Website URLhttp://vmaki@mchsi.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by victoria maki

Showing 1 - 10 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

re:beer can rim
I purchased a can open which opens the can on the side of the rim instead of the very top, leaving a nice edge. The can opener is by Good Cook which I purchased at ShopCo. I am sure other major s...

In GEAR » Creating a rim on a beer can pot
September 01, 4:37pm

Outlast hand sanitizer
I ordered a new product called "Outlast" hand sanitizer. It is suppose to kill bacteria for up to 6 hrs. I recieved the product on Monday. Since I work in a medical lab, I decided to t...

In GEAR » Outlast hand sanitizer
September 01, 4:31pm

Firelight fire starting kit
Will a firelight fire starter light an esbit tablet?

In GEAR » Firelight fire starting kit
August 21, 5:09am

reading material
"The Long Walk" was excellant. "The Cactus Eaters","One Mans Wilderness",and my favorite,"A Blistered Kind of Love"(to heavy to take on the trail, however).

In Other Activities » Summer Reading Recommendations
June 21, 5:14am

re:PCT(to Eugene)
Eugene. It wasn't the hike that was hard. Had no problem with that. It was the planning to get permits that my friend went through that was difficult. In "The Best Trails in America&quo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT vs. JMT
June 16, 4:06pm

PCT vs. JMT
Just renewed my subscription to the "other" backpacking magazine and recieved the book,"The Best Trails in America". Thumbing through and reading about the PCT makes me think I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT vs. JMT
June 16, 3:45pm

re:bivy (to Nate)
Nate. I have no experiance with a bivy, but after hiking the JMT about 3 weeks ago, I think I could use one with my Montbell 30 degree bag. Since you have a water resistance one already, maybe yo...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Waterproof Bivy
August 19, 5:06pm

re:coffee
I have to agree with Gordon. I used Starbucks instant (Italian) on my hike of the JMT. It is the best instant I have ever tasted. I still use the Folgers coffee bags when I don't feel like pa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
August 17, 5:12am

rollup sunglasses
Has anyone tried "Klingers" rollup sunglasses? They are basically throw aways and only weigh 0.10 oz. Cheap,light, and don't have to worry about cost if lost. If you have tried the...

In GEAR » rollup sunglasses
May 07, 7:52pm

esbit tablets
When the post office asks you if you have anything flameable when shipping packages, does that include esbit tablets? I will be hiking JMT this summer and need to do 4 food drops and want to use t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit tablets
May 05, 5:13am

All Reader Reviews by victoria maki

victoria maki has posted no reviews.