Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Stafford (chrisman2013) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Chris Stafford hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Chris Stafford has not added a biography yet.
CityIrmo
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Stafford

Showing 1 - 10 of 21 | Page: 1 2 3

Forum » Thread

Beautiful
That is some absolutely amazing work. I wish could make something near as nice as that. That sleeping bag looks nicer than the Mountain Hardware one in my closet.

In Make Your Own Gear » Down bag: draft tube issue
February 07, 6:43am

Looks Great
That piece looks seriously amazing. I can't believe it's the first garment you've made especially using your own pattern. When are you going to start taking orders??

In Make Your Own Gear » Softshell climbing jacket
December 09, 9:22am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Plan/Patterns?
Could you describe how you set up the hangers for the inner tent? Does the inner tent hang from grosgrain loops on the flysheet? I also noticed that you use a pole sleeve for the bottom half of ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Freestanding winter/summit tent
September 30, 9:08am

Re: Re: Plan/Patterns?
Thanks Marc that's exactly what I was looking for. What minor improvements are you thinking of incorporating? The tents already look as good as anything that's on the market.

September 30, 8:21am

Plan/Patterns?
I've been hammocking for the past several years, and thus haven't been using a tent. I recently moved into the mountains though, and have been hiking above tree-line quite often, so I'v...

September 29, 11:19pm

Platypus Bottle
I use Platypus bottles when on the trail, and have found that I can set my headlamp in the small cavity underneath the bottle. I make sure the light is directed into the bottle and it makes a great...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make UL lantern out of headlamp?
July 25, 8:25am

Ultralight Hammock
I would definitely agree with the others on using 1.1 ounce nylon. DIY Gear Supply is a great place to get it, but there are so many other places to get it if you are particular about color. (Rocky...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Big MYOG Ultralight Hammock project
July 25, 8:20am

Re: Purpose
Ah gotcha. I knew it had to be intended for something that would be subjected to pressures too high for sil-nylon's HH. Let us all know how the fabric works out. I'm intrigued to know how w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Light (<2oz) urethane coated nylon
July 18, 3:38pm

Re: Nylon
You're right, for some reason the link is no longer working for me either. It is possible the ebay listing was taken down. Glad you were able to find it however! I hope you don't mind bu...

July 17, 9:27pm

Ebay?
I was just searching for some fabric on Ebay the other day that you might want to take a look at. There are various colors and they are all listed as waterproof, PU coated nylon with a weight of 70...

July 16, 7:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Stafford

Chris Stafford has posted no reviews.