Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Charles Reneau (charley289) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Cascades and Oregon Coast Range
About Me I finished grad school in 2006, and my working life began with a job in Honolulu. Since I finished school and gained some free time, my hiking life began as well!
I moved from Honolulu to Portland in the summer of 2007, and I think I like it here in between the mountains.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Reneau

Showing 1 - 10 of 14 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Gossamer Gear G6
Hi there, I've been using my GG G6 for years. I don't take it off trail, and I tend not to take it on trips when I'll be carrying more than two liters of water at a time (for the dese...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Choosing and Using a Frameless Pack
June 04, 10:51pm

Awesome
Awesome report!!! I'm officially saving up for an Alpacka as of right now. . . the kayak can wait. Charley

In Editor's Roundtable » Packrafting Utah's Escalante River in Late March
June 03, 2:25am

April Fool's?
This is pretty edgy guys. . . "hiker-taxiing"? Hiking video games??? I hope Blue Ribbon doesn't take this the wrong way. On the other hand. . . I have been laughing my tail off.

In Editor's Roundtable » FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: BACKPACKING LIGHT SEEKS PARTNERSHIP WITH OHV/ORV COMMUNITY TO PROMOTE MULTI-USE HARMONY IN AMERICAN WILDERNESS
April 01, 9:31am

Second moving announcements to other post
I second! Charley

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking Partners / Trip Announcements
April 11, 7:10pm

Condensation
I use a LaFuma 30 degree 800 Fill Down bag, and I use a small poncho tarp, so recently I got a bivy sack (Equinox) to complement the bag in colder and wetter weather. For warmth and comfort, this ...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Ultra Quilt Review
April 02, 11:19am

Nicely done
Great article, really liked the pics. Gear and environment are two subjects dear to my heart! Charley

In Editor's Roundtable » Green Waste? Trends in Retail Packaging for Outdoor Industry Products
March 26, 8:24am

toothbrush failure
No Gear Failures of significance. I bought a Securitas manufactured toothbrush (found it at REI) which turned out to be too thin to really brush my teeth! I'll cut up a regular toothbrush nex...

In Post-Trip Reports » Foothills Trail Thru Hike
March 24, 8:40pm

Just missed each other!
Apparently, we were within miles of each other on last Sunday! I left the Oconee SP trailhead just hours before you did. What a coincidence. It's a shame you missed the rest of the trail- se...

In Post-Trip Reports » Foothills Trail (SC), March 16-18, 2008
March 24, 6:00pm

A different Foothills Trail Thru Hike. 77 miles, millions of gallons of rain water!
From March 16 to March 20, I hiked the Foothills, following the traditional route, from Oconee State Park to Table Rock State Park, South Carolina. The route is about 77 miles, including a few spu...

In Post-Trip Reports » Foothills Trail Thru Hike
March 24, 5:40pm

Foothills Trail in March- Recommendations?
Hello, I'm hiking the Foothills Trail from March 16-20, from West to East. It's a 76 mile trail, in the foothills of the southern Appalachians in South Carolina . Has anyone out there wa...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Foothills Trail in March- Recommendations?
March 07, 9:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles Reneau

Charles Reneau has posted no reviews.