Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Chandler (chandler325i) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale lost angeles
About Me Chris Chandler has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Chandler

Showing 1 - 10 of 58 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum » Thread

Re: So what's the verdict?
Kind of a cop out answer, but only you can really decide what the verdict is. There are comparisons in this forum and around the web, just list the things that the extra $150 would get you on a mk4...

In Photography » sony rx100 IV
August 28, 1:30pm

Helios 55 thoughts (also compared to Elemental Horizons Aquilo and Jam 50)
Sorry folks this is a bit overdue. I kept the Helios. I wouldn't say it's "the one" for me, but it served me well. If there's anyone else in a similar pack market, here's ...

In GEAR » Katabatic backbacks
August 14, 2:01am

FYI: actual specs of the mk4 differ from that pre-release article I got the mk3 a few months back to take on a month long Iceland trip. I knew there'd be a mk4 released pretty much as...

In Photography » sony rx100 IV
July 18, 1:54am

Mountain Hardwear Microchill Lite fleece zip
FYI -- the MH Microchill Lite, in a men's small, clocks in at 6.41oz (6.51oz with tags, hang loop, and zipper pull). That's pretty darn light. For reference, the old Cap 2 zip top I have al...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear Microchill Lite fleece zip
May 30, 9:37pm

[SOLD] Elemental Horizons Aquilo - MD torso, can send either SM or MD hip belt. Brand new
Left the pics up in case anyone found them helpful Going to pack the small hip belt pocket with 5 Kind bars Packed pretty tightly. You could maybe jam a 6th bar in there if yo...

In Gear Swap » FS: Elemental Horizons Aquilo - MD torso, can send either SM or MD hip belt. Brand new
May 28, 7:09pm

Re: comparison
I've got both a Helios 55 and an Elemental Horizons Aquilo ordered and they're en route. Not a Kalais, but same suspension and Matthew from EH told me the overall body volume between the tw...

May 21, 12:44am

Helios 40 w/ bear can
Thanks for posting those, Jen. It looks like if you stuffed a quilt/sleeping bag in the bottom and then put the bear can in, it would have enough room vertically, but that it would still fit pre...

May 19, 8:07pm

Wind tunnel tests
Yeah, we're resigned to the fact that we'll be getting blown sand through the vent under the awning near the foot end the most, and we're ok with that. As far as the wind tests not show...

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Flashlight 2?
May 17, 6:19pm

compression straps
Can the compression straps wrap all the way around the front of the pack? It sounds like they can based on a description under "features," but looking at the photos, I'm not sure how ...

May 17, 1:31pm

Serge - have you used your Artemis on non-winter trips? I'm curious if you've ever felt like there's TOO much volume. With my Jam, if I don't fill the pack out enough then it doesn&...

May 17, 1:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Chandler

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Katabatic Gear Palisade Quilt
I went back and forth for a while about whether I could afford/wanted to spend the money on the steep price tag of a KG quilt. After reading numerous customer reviews, I decided it was worth the inves...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 27, 3:09pm