Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
My PDF Gear ListWinter 0degF gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 1151 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...116

Forum » Thread

Nylofume as ground sheet?
Somewhat OT, but the reputed extreme toughness of Nylofume bags has me wondering if anyone has taped 2-3 of them together to make a ground sheet...(?) I could use a much lighter groundsheet for ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trash compactor bag. - Really for garbage only now?
October 05, 7:41pm

Re: Re: Ventra Mainframe....
Does anyone know what pack on the market today would benefit by adding this? Has anyone trail tested it? No doubt, BPL is perhaps the toughest sell one could imagine for a product such as this, ...

In GEAR » Ventra Mainframe - A standalone frame and ventilation system.
October 05, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Shoulder strap fabric/padding
I've got only 2 overnighters and 1 day hike (load testing!) so no way to judge the wear. But slippage/heat/sweat were just not issues at all for me. As has been debated here before regard...

In GEAR » Mountain Laurel Designs Core ready for ordering
October 05, 5:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which GPS?
an extrex 30 but as what was said before, the barometric altitude is fickle, not accurate unless you constantly recalibrate it against known altitudes I have an eTrex 30 and find that the altime...

In GEAR » Which GPS?
October 05, 6:29am

Re: Re: Presi traverse
Some years back (10-15, or more?) the Mt Washington Bicycle Hill Climb date was moved from early September to about the 3rd weekend in August because the event was snowed out, or nearly so, a few y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear Recommendation - Presidential Traverse Early Oct. Boots or Trail Runners?
October 05, 5:06am

Re: More info
If it's only a small amount of mold, continuing to use one of the air bag (schnozzle, etc) type of inflators will limit the amount of moisture and therefore the further growth of mold. I'...

In GEAR » Mold inside my air mattress.
October 04, 5:43pm

Re: Re: Ventra Mainframe - A standalone frame and ventilation system.
The Zpacks website describes their arc frame as "patented" (utility or design? what features?), so there might be some infringement and/or prior art issues there. Looks as if there are...

In GEAR » Ventra Mainframe - A standalone frame and ventilation system.
October 04, 5:20am

Re: Re: "Best snow-shoeing boots?"
As you mention, snugness is definitely a problem (leading to direct conduction of heat), and gtx socks are just the opposite of vbl... the material is designed to permit vapor transmission, when co...

In GEAR » Best snow-shoeing boots?
October 03, 9:23am

Re: "Best snow-shoeing boots?"
Travis, which goretex trail runners and which gaiters did you use? I have some inov8 315s (gtx) that I use for trail running on snow/ice and I do believe as you and Mike say that gtx offers an a...

In GEAR » Best snow-shoeing boots?
October 02, 8:06pm

Re: Unfiltered
Good point, Kat. But some people are really not ready for the kinds of things they're doing. One would think that learning how to handle bear interactions would be very high on the priority ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Woman orders bear to stop breaking her kayak, bear doesn't listen (VIDEO)
October 02, 10:19am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.