Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 431 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...44

Forum » Thread

Re: Canister cozy + Chemical Handwarmer
Jim, Given the info I've read about using water to impart energy to the canister, I'm thinking of putting some in a snack sized ziploc and placing it in the concave base of the canister....

In GEAR » Jetboil MiniMo, First Look
December 17, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Cairngorm - all the gear & no idea
>>>I've seen more advanced newbies suggest it's irresponsible to go into the wilds without a breathable waterproof. What do they think us 50 somethings did in between proofed cotto...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Criticism after 'car park rescue' of Cairngorm walker
December 17, 3:53pm

Re: Cairngorm - all the gear & no idea
>>>>seems like intelligent enough people tortured with indecision about the most basic gear choices. Forums are littered with such questions. IMO a fair amount of this is "Lates...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Criticism after 'car park rescue' of Cairngorm walker
December 17, 2:07pm

Re: Thanks for the reply
If you started out with a new canister you can weigh it to see how much total fuel was used, provided you have an accurate enough scale. Simply subtract that number from the gross weight (374g) lis...

In GEAR » Jetboil MiniMo, First Look
December 17, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Beyond the Fluff
>>>The 30 adds an electronic compass and barametric altimiter James, +1 on the eTrex line, either the 20 or the 30. I have the 30 and really like it, even though I hike with GPS a lo...

In GEAR » Garmin GPSmaps 64s and 60csx
December 17, 5:44am

Re: Re: Removing Cat hairs from Fleece
Playtex dishwashing gloves (one of the suggestions in Doug I's link), and they're better with a little water (a few drops) on them. Doesn't work as well in the winter due to higher s...

In GEAR » Removing Cat hairs from Fleece
December 16, 4:32pm

Re: Better than the Coolpix A (?)
For something really weather and dunk resistant, consider the Coolpix AW 120. Also cold- (14*F) and shock- (2m drop) resistant. I'd get one but I still have the AW 110 and am very happy with...

In Photography » Better than the Coolpix A (?)
December 16, 3:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS mod
>>>Every now and then I get a "flyer", but not very often. There is a place where I do runs with my dog and we pass under some massive high-tension power lines, right at the b...

In GEAR » Garmin GPSmaps 64s and 60csx
December 16, 2:59pm

Re: Criticism after 'car park rescue' of Cairngorm walker
That story is very light on hard facts. Who knows what mitigating or damning factors are not mentioned? But it can be just as easy to die a quarter of a mile from safety as 30 miles. However,...

December 16, 2:43pm

Re: Thanks
Does Nokian still make studded winter tires? Way fun to defy physics and ride on frozen lakes with those things, though they were super heavy with dead-feeling casings.

In GEAR » Ultralight Winter Bikepacking System
December 15, 7:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.