BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 150 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Bob. Re: Re: People who don't enjoy a hammock. why not a hammock?
Katharina, You are correct that I have not tried a hammock and that I should do so at some point. My outdoor background (prior to BPL) is winter/alpine with only a tiny bit of spring/fall hi...

In Philosophy & Technique » People who don't enjoy camping
July 21, 3:12pm

Re: no leaks?
I held them inverted with full fuel and pressed hard with both thumbs (conservatively, approx. 40 lbs of pressure, likely more) and no leaking.

In GEAR » What do YOU use to carry alcohol?
July 21, 2:08pm

Re: Broken leg, 6 days alone and rescued
I was talking about MY personal experience and MY personal feelings. Did I once mention how it would be for *you*? I think it is rather presumptuous to tell me how *I* should feel and what *I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Broken leg, 6 days alone and rescued
July 21, 1:52pm

Re: Broken leg, 6 days alone and rescued
No disrespect for your experience and personal wishes, but I see no parallels at all between the two. My father died a couple of years ago after many months suffering horrible pain and nausea fr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Broken leg, 6 days alone and rescued
July 21, 11:46am

Re: US Plastics
The 2-oz and 4-oz flat ovals fit easily inside my pot along with stove and windscreen, cup, spoon and lighter. I like the flip-top caps which squirt fuel without dripping. I tested by squeezing ...

In GEAR » What do YOU use to carry alcohol?
July 21, 10:11am

Re: People who don't enjoy a hammock. why not a hammock?
In bug season I just have to use a tent; otherwise the mosquitoes just eat me alive! The dog is in the tent with me, which doesn't work with a hammock. I'm a toss-n-turn sleeper, givi...

In Philosophy & Technique » People who don't enjoy camping
July 21, 5:05am

Re: Quilt advise
I recently got the EE Prodigy 40 (synthetic) and have used it for about 7 or 8 nights thus far. The convertible foot box is super handy. It was damp and rained the last couple of trips, and I am...

In GEAR » Can we talk down quitls, your help appreciated
July 20, 8:00pm

Re: Re: PLB Tests
That's lawyer talk for "If you should win the Darwin Award we don't have to pay your family a lot of prize money."

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 18, 3:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: broken leg
It would be interesting in a few days' time to hear Hein's views on the topic of PLBs. EDIT: Thanks, Steven, for the nudge... He did indeed mention in the video that a PLB/Spot-type devi...

July 18, 8:14am

Re: Wife's requirements
"We've debated getting a satellite based device and I probably will once I start taking the kids out backpacking. For now it's just me and I've got great life insurance. :)" ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Connected on the trail
July 16, 7:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.