Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 592 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: THANK YOU!
Eric, another brief report here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=100548&skip_to_post=852528#852528 I've done a few 2-n...

In Winter Hiking » North Easterners, please report on your frigid winter camping
March 01, 4:44pm

Re: RE: Bob
Thanks, that's good news. Especially about the hip belt. I absolutely love the Arc Blast but was considering an HMG before hearing of this.

In GEAR » Lightest pack with a stay?
March 01, 1:59pm

Micro trip report and pics
I got an early start yesterday - on the trail at 7:07am - and was greeted with some very nice hiking conditions and superb weather. +2F at the start and feeling pretty nippy, which was actually a b...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Harriman State Park, NY, 2/28-3/1
March 01, 1:24pm

Re: arc haul?
@ arc haul... Do you have a link for that? Looking for a heavier winter pack for more serious conditions/terrain...

In GEAR » Lightest pack with a stay?
March 01, 11:33am

Re: Re: SPOT/inReach SAR Alerts
Good point; there are gaps in the serial numbers. In between, probably moron/meathead/not-so-happy-ending incidents such as you mention. But the alerted agency being the USAF in Panama City, FL ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing hiker found dead in the Whites
February 27, 5:55pm

Re: Winter
Michael, looks like you guys had great weather! I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday as our lucky streak continues. Very nice to have your info from Elk Pen as that is my start point. Doing a l...

In Winter Hiking » North Easterners, please report on your frigid winter camping
February 27, 5:33pm

SPOT/inReach SAR Alerts
Here's a recent list: http://www.geosalliance.com/category/sar-flash-reports/ It ain't there.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing hiker found dead in the Whites
February 27, 4:12pm

Re: Can I turn a 20 deg synthetic into a winter over bag?
This might work if the other critical elements of the system - the sleep pad(s) and shelter - are also up to the task. Some 15 years ago I used a +20 synthetic MH sleeping bag combined with a sy...

In GEAR » Can I turn a 20 deg synthetic into a winter over bag?
February 27, 9:39am

Alrighty then...
Yep, don't even joke about trashing the woods with this crowd. ;^) This one checks almost all your boxes (it's 44 oz): http://www.campmor.com/Product___41019

In GEAR » Help me make a decision on bags... please!
February 26, 3:36pm

Re: compromise
Just keep in mind that you can sleep in all your layers if the bag/quilt is large enough. I have a Marmot Plasma +15 and if I wear all my layers (including hooded down jacket and down pants) I c...

In GEAR » Help me make a decision on bags... please!
February 26, 9:56am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.