BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWinter 0degF gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 942 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...95

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: What article would you send to a total newb?
Hey, Dale: Very nice and succinct overview! Who knew? Is it possible to put a link to your blog in a signature? Lots of other good stuff in there. That and Mike Clelland's video will go a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What article would you send to a total newb?
July 01, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Temp
Maybe you'll get lucky with your WTB, but that Snugpak Jungle Bag seems to fit the bill. Good deal it seems on overstock.com... http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Snugpak-Jungle-Bag-Olive-RH/...

In GEAR » Low cost Sleeping bag alternatives
June 30, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Permethrin and Pertex
Also recommended for tents and backpacks, according to the label... ticks can latch onto other gear and still reach their "promised land". :^) This prompted me to read the label more c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Permethrin and Pertex
June 30, 5:57am

Re: UL Fail
Good example of why I stopped subscribing to BP many years ago. Vastly oversimplified filler. The writer should be embarrassed at his laziness... or perhaps it was part of a larger, general e...

In On the Web » UL Fail
June 30, 5:19am

Re: Example of a SUL internal frame backpack?
If you're carrying 8lbs of water and 4lbs of food, is it still SUL? ;^) Maybe Joe at Zpacks would put an Arc Blast-type CF frame on a Zero for ya, and a itty-bitty hip belt! But even the ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Example of a SUL internal frame backpack?
June 28, 9:52am

Re: Ergonomics says no hipbelt
gear will lighten up one day and more peeps will be making the transition into hipbeltless hiking it's just a matter of when. It is getting to (or has reached) the point that gear weight is ...

In GEAR » No Hipbelt
June 28, 6:29am

Re: Hipbelt
I also like having a hipbelt even with a very light load. Gives me the option to jog if I feel like it... as I did yesterday when exiting the woods after one of my quick local overnighters with ...

In GEAR » No Hipbelt
June 28, 6:12am

Gravy packets
@Randy... which gravy packets do you find best? Great idea because my boy is starting to get bored with the same flavor all the time. At home I add some fat and other steak trimmings that I keep...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dog Food
June 28, 5:21am

Re: Re: Re: Dog Food
Grandma's website indicates 370 cal/cup for adult kibble, so better than Pedigree. Looks like quality stuff from the ingredient details provided. EDit: John, my apologies for my hasty mis-re...

June 27, 11:35am

Re: Dog Food
Interesting comments and "food" for thought. But I'm into the whole weights and measures thing so I could not resist checking my dog's regular kibble — Pedigree Adult — ver...

June 27, 10:51am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.