Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 387 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: GPS Advice - Recommendations
Ok, didn't know that about the receiver. Whatever the electronic choke point, it was/is a dismal performer. I have an Etrex 30 that I use now, mostly for MTB for speed and distance using the...

In GEAR » GPS Advice - Recommendations
November 27, 6:19am

Re: Re: Re: Not in AK but still....
Justin is right - Avoid Gore windstopper for very cold weather! It wets out quickly from the inside and outside and freezes into a useless sheet of ice that is practically impossible to dry out. ...

In Gear Lists » Cold weather gear advice for Alaska (really...)
November 26, 8:43pm

Re: cutting tool for heavy duty foil
You could also use a child's protractor and replace the pencil with an X-acto hobby knife and #11 blade. Use a small piece of scrap plastic or plywood to anchor the pointy end and protect the a...

In Make Your Own Gear » cutting tool for heavy duty foil
November 26, 4:06pm

Re: Geko
Thanks for mentioning the ForeTrex, which is indeed very similar to the Geko. Years ago I owned one of the Forerunners, which also was not very good in the antenna department, and it also had a ...

November 26, 9:54am

Geko
I wish Garmin still made the Geko, but one with a much better antenna with much faster satellite acquisition and much better battery life. I have one of the first ones (a 101, I think) and it takes...

November 26, 6:07am

Re: Re: Re: Clothes for camp chores in winter
>>>Just wondering, if I'd add a synthetic puffy could it do it, in combination with the ul down hoody? That's actually not a bad idea, but make sure the outer layer is the synth...

In Gear Lists » Clothes for camp chores in winter
November 25, 5:58pm

Re: $200 for a Camera
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-Waterproof-Digital-Camera/dp/B00B7N997O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416875842&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+coolpix+aw+110 Really, really good all-weather cam...

In GEAR » $200 for a Camera
November 24, 5:40pm

Re: Choose your own adventure layering
I would want some sort of fleece beanie for winter, and a huge +1 for the fleece jacket. Fleece can be a lifesaver, literally. If the daytime temps aren't going above about 25F, consider 200-wt...

In Winter Hiking » Beginner to winter backpacking...need help with layering
November 24, 6:40am

Re: Re: Mixing of pads....
Stephen, was your Solite on top of or beneath the air mattress?

In Winter Hiking » Winter pad setup... will it work in 0F?
November 23, 6:47pm

Etrex 30 altitude
The Etrex 30 altimeter works quite well when in auto calibrate mode. It recalibrates itself when the barometric reading is at significant variance with the GPS altimeter, WHEN the GPS signals ar...

November 23, 3:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.