BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWinter 0degF gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 751 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...76

Forum » Thread

Re: When I grow up...
After 4-5 minutes of burning, the entire top of the canister was slightly warmer than ambient, but nowhere near dangerous, and the far side of the canister was a bit less "warmed up." ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
April 17, 10:16pm

Or... use no stuff sack at all!
All last summer, fall and winter I used no stuff sack for my quilts — a-la-Clelland! — and found absolutely no downside at all. Just stuff it in the bottom of the pack and let the weight of ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack
April 17, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Save the weight and $$
Similar, but this one is a "hefty" 41g. :^) However, I would definitely check out the ship time/postage rates before ordering it. Not that I need another stove, for crying out loud!

In GEAR » Need suggestions for lighter stove
April 17, 3:23pm

Re: Glowire in place of Rubber Band
I have no particular objection to rubber bands, bungees, etc., but why...?? Things take up significantly less space when they're flat, and from the "process" standpoint it's on...

In GEAR » How do you pack your NeoAir?
April 17, 3:10pm

Re: Re: Save the weight and $$
None of the super-lightweight stoves such as the BRS-3000T have a built-in piezo lighter — a big part of why they're so light... Something like THIS should suffice and might possibly arriv...

In GEAR » Need suggestions for lighter stove
April 17, 2:56pm

Re: just deflate and shove.
fold it up and shove it in my pack +1 No stuff sack IMO!

In GEAR » How do you pack your NeoAir?
April 17, 12:20pm

Re: Bob's"heat exchanger strip"?
Eric, if you read the first and last page of this thread you'll have all the necessary information: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/98947/index.ht...

In GEAR » DIY canister stove windscreen
April 16, 1:09pm

Re: Re: Privacy in a Zpacks Duplex - see through?
Mine is the .51 "olive drab" green, though having served a few years in the military I can assure you it isn't the olive drab I remember oh so well, lol! However, IMO it offers ple...

In GEAR » Review: ZPacks Duplex
April 15, 10:06pm

Re: Privacy in a Zpacks Duplex - see through?
Lisa, I think you have it figured out, which is that the camo would likely best answer your concerns. Mine is said to be the "green" color, but it is an extremely faint version of green. ...

In GEAR » Review: ZPacks Duplex
April 15, 12:11pm

Scale it up!
One 14g tab for boiling 2 cups seems to be the accepted norm because it accounts for less than ideal conditions and somewhat less system efficiency, and things always seem to be less efficient in t...

In GEAR » Esbit burner testing
April 15, 7:15am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.