BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWinter 0degF gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 1010 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...101

Forum » Thread

Re: I totally lied!
Hi, Diane, I checked your link and noticed that it spec'ed CR2016, which is the same as the Photon Freedom. But there are some models of Photon that use different batteries so I thought perh...

In GEAR » Best backup light source
August 02, 4:10pm

Re: JMT FKT
Looks as if Ralph waited a while at the South Lake parking lot but has got a ride and is on the way to Bishop. Incredible effort by any measure! I couldn't keep up with these guys for 10 min...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Following Ralph and Allen's JMT FKT attempt
July 31, 4:12pm

Re: Update
Hopefully Ralph's SPOT hasn't fallen into the void now too. Hopefully resting up and drying out... What's the quickest way out? Back to Bishop pass then to South Lake?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Following Ralph and Allen's JMT FKT attempt
July 31, 5:54am

Re: Re: Re: Update...
Its performance the last few hours does not inspire a lot of confidence in Spot... assuming no battery issues or user error, of course. I'm typing this so that Spot will make a fool of me by...

July 30, 9:49am

Re: Update...
There was a ping for Ralph at the top of Pinchot pass at 4:14am, so he's still 90 minutes ahead of his schedule. Allen is on time at MTR (altho he got a bit later start at the gate and is ac...

July 30, 6:33am

Re: Re: Re: Following Ralph and Allen's JMT FKT attempt
Just checked... local moonrise for Allen and Ralph is around 6:30pm and it is 97% full. Sounds good, but I could also understand how it might interfere with sleep. Or not!

July 29, 6:00pm

Re: Following Ralph and Allen's JMT FKT attempt
Thanks so much, Adam! I appreciate greatly the talent and expertise — and just plain hard work — you put into keeping us updated. And I love graphs anyway!

July 29, 2:23pm

Re: Seems Hinky!
I have a hard time believing the stove, heater, etc. is the primary cause of their death. Google it and you'll get more than 500,000 hits. Very common, actually. Much here: http://zenstov...

In GEAR » Carbon monoxide death?
July 29, 12:24pm

Linking Link's links
Required Reading: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=104021&skip_to_post=879046#879046 Link (annapurna) put together the post...

In Gear Lists » 2015 Gear List - First Time Backpacker
July 28, 2:33pm

Re: Re: Following SPOT...
Assuming the adjusted target ETA is correct, looks like ~5:30am start with that 9:32am ping, no? The distance between 20-21 is enormous... he's absolutely flying down the trail!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT speed record attempt
July 28, 11:07am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.