Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 519 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: seek outside
Remember that you can also use the apex loop, or a small tree branch. I use trekking poles (REI/Komperdell CF) and pole jacks for the inverted V set-up, but only because I need all the floor spa...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid with no trekking poles
February 01, 7:38am

Re: I like it
When these canisters get too hot is there a typical failure mode? You DO NOT want to find out! If you look at the photo a few posts above, you'll notice that I have a thermometer probe to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
January 30, 8:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flawed logic.
Definitely very little radiative heat loss, at least from the MiniMo. The MiniMo remained in the same spot for 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts and snow melting duties, and there wasn't a melted f...

January 30, 5:36am

Re: Lol
a guy who would spoil his dog with hot food..;) Ha, well as those who have hiked with us can attest, he's definitely loved and pampered, but not spoiled - he's a good boy! And the deh...

In GEAR » Solo cooking set.
January 29, 9:05pm

Re: StarLyteXL
The reason I made the XL was so I could boil/heat 4 cups of water at a time. Dan, I used your regular StarLyte w/pot support quite a bit last year and always brought to a full boil 4 cups of wat...

In GEAR » Solo cooking set.
January 29, 6:13pm

Re: Spot
My understanding is that there isn't a confirmation with the Spot Spot Gen3 has confirmation

In Gear Swap » WTB: Original Tiny DeLorme InReach $50 ?
January 29, 5:39pm

Effect of HX strip at 0degF (-17.8degC)
It was 0degF this morning out on the deck so I decided to do a video showing the HX strip in action. I left the stove/canister out all night. THIS VIDEO shows the start-up of the stove (after a ...

January 29, 7:48am

Re: Re: What happens when you corner a moose while snow hiking
If it were the rutting season, or a female with calf, I'd be worried. It looked as if - and they correctly sensed - the moose clearly was not charging them, just trying to get away. They nev...

In Winter Hiking » What happens when you corner a moose while snow hiking
January 28, 3:46pm

Factors and testing
And then there's the type of pot used (HX pot is a huge difference, I found!), wind screen and wind screen design and how it's integrated with the pot and actual wind conditions... Then,...

January 28, 4:48am

Rough, non-data point
My impression from using it in 'respectably' cold temps - well below freezing - is that the fuel efficiency is pretty darn good. And the performance was certainly not lacking. I really e...

January 27, 7:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.