BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWinter 0degF gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 858 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...86

Forum » Thread

Re: of devils and details...
Steve, June 20 weekend is good. Anyone else interested check in soon,here or PM. It'd be helpful if someone can arrive on Friday 6/19 not too late in the afternoon to do a shuttle. We can st...

In Pre-Trip Planning » New York State Weekend Backpacking
May 26, 6:14pm

Compass
Agree on the GPS, but IMO is might be a good idea to carry at least one tiny little button compass just in case conditions call for a quick "sanity check" when there is fog or a milky ove...

In Gear Lists » High sierra trail to whitney - gear list
May 24, 5:42am

Re: Lightweight Gear at REI
The problem at REI is that 90% of the staff doesn't try to steer novice buyers toward lightweight gear, and many of them don't really understand UL principles themselves. Most don't eve...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The ‘Wild’ effect Hikers are flooding the Pacific Crest Trail
May 22, 3:27pm

Re: Men's OR Echo (Pewter, Large) $27.77 on Amazon
Thaks for the heads-up on this. Just what I was looking for recently... ordered a couple (short sleeve) of them @$23.40 + $6.17 shipping.

In Gear Deals » Men's OR Echo (Pewter, Large) $27.77 on Amazon
May 22, 5:47am

Re: Just to point out.......
Inevitably, you slide down, and your feet press against the wall of tent. If there is no structural separation, the end of your down bag will be wet by morning from condensation on the outer wall. ...

In GEAR » Sell me on a perfect Shelter for 2 people.
May 21, 4:36pm

Re: Reading glasses
I don't know where I got this, but even though I already wear glasses with progressive lenses for distance and reading I still sometimes need this fresnel lens magnifier to see teensy-weensy wr...

In GEAR » Reading glasses
May 21, 9:04am

Poe
edit: OOPS! forgot the ;-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dean Potter dies in yosemite
May 21, 8:40am

Re: Re: Re: REI
Spot is a small price to pay to get those hours of my life back. +1 Haven't gotten a bit of grief from my wife since getting one, but she requires one location message in the morning and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » REI
May 21, 7:08am

Re: New Balance
I tried a few shoes last year and was somewhat less than pleased,, with problems similar to what you mention, though perhaps not as bad. For years I had used Asics trail runners as a running shoe w...

In GEAR » Finding the right shoe fit
May 21, 5:18am

Re: "A" is for Awesome
Here they are in a smaller quantity: http://quantumtermite.com/nylofume-bags-20

In Gear Lists » Gear List -- Grand Canyon May 2015
May 20, 5:09am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.