BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWinter 0degF gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 1080 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...108

Forum » Thread

Re: Primers
for anyone thinking about writing a primer in the future, maybe focus less on convincing and more on helping the convinced. Just a humble suggestion fr Good point, Chris, but the problem that ar...

In GEAR » Transition from Traditional to Ultralight
September 03, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Mitten clip alternatives
Any other options

In Make Your Own Gear » Mitten clip alternatives
September 03, 8:50am

Simple made difficult
Clearly there are some folks who like to make the simplest things seem like an insurmountable hurdle. As Franco has demonstrated repeatedly, whether clipping OR unclipping the dead simple idea i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mitten clip alternatives
September 03, 8:16am

Linking Link's links
Link (annapurna) made this really superb list for those transitioning to UL. Should be a sticky or something since it is such a frequent topic.

In GEAR » Transition from Traditional to Ultralight
September 03, 5:29am

Re: Re: Amber
Congratulations to Amber for her monumental achievement!

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » Amber Monforte on the JMT
September 02, 8:08am

Re: hunting
Hi, Joshua, One very easy way to find out is to google "hunting equipment catskills" and find a store that caters to hunters and give them a call. If you look at the NYSDEC website'...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Please lend me your Catskills in November wisdom!
September 01, 4:08pm

Re: Please lend me your Catskills in November wisdom!
That's a nice hike and good plan. The northern side (windham, burnt, acra) is a lot easier than the southern ridge (blackhead, black dome, though Thomas Cole on out is relatively easy). From...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Please lend me your Catskills in November wisdom!
September 01, 5:40am

Re: Francos conflict of interest
Well, maybe he should for the very few who don't know it, at least with any comments related to TT. I seem to recall him signing off with "Franco at Tarptents" on some posts.

In GEAR » Fast Pitching Tarps?
August 31, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Fast Pitching Tarps?
Franco's demo video above shows a pretty quick pitch. Clearly he knows well how much slack to leave in the center when pinning the ends, and it helps to have a nice, flat lawn to work with, ...

In GEAR » Fast Pitching Tarps?
August 31, 1:43pm

FS: Mountain Hardwear Phantom 45
I mentioned this recently in response to a WTB, but he doesn't WTB, so... Mountain Hardwear Phantom 45, reg length/width, 800FP goose down, right side zip, absolutely clean and damage free, ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Mountain Hardwear Phantom 45
August 31, 9:22am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.