BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWinter 0degF gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 705 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...71

Forum » Thread

Re: SPOT Celebrates 1,000 Rescues in Canada
"Celebrates" seems a bit odd word to use unless all these incidents ended happily. It'd be nice to know the average time it took to reach the rescued from the time the SOS button was ...

In Philosophy & Technique » SPOT Celebrates 1,000 Rescues in Canada
March 27, 12:30pm

Re: Too much water for one ESBIT?
Rex, As mentioned above, this test was done with 1 quart (4 cups — yikes!). This is the volume I always use for testing because it is the volume I like have in the field for dinner, which i...

In Gear Deals » Esbit Burner
March 27, 5:37am

Re: Re: Re: Never stand on end
I used the Gram Cracker that came with the combo.

March 26, 7:31pm

Re: Never stand on end
Never, ever, stand your esbit on end and light it....bad things will happen I did exactly this just yesterday afternoon and nothing happened. I'm a bit disappointed. Testing various confi...

March 26, 7:16pm

Re: Rejoice – new rectangular neoair xtherm for 2015
Gary (and anyone else who has used these in very cold weather — 0°F and below), are these mattresses adequate without any supplemental CCF?

In GEAR » Rejoice! New rectangular xtherm for 2015
March 26, 6:15pm

Re: JetBoil Manufacturing Process & Some Cup Weights
Thanks, Tony! Very interesting insights. There is certainly a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum.

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
March 26, 10:39am

Re: UTM
Hi, Jeff: Yes, I always print Caltopo maps with UTM grids. Caltopo's Custom scaling is also very handy for some maps I print. As for up-to-date trail locations, a little googling often tu...

In GEAR » National Geographic map kit software - worth it?
March 26, 7:48am

Re: Weights
my jetboil sol AL cup in a while...with lid and base cup, it weighs 7.5 oz. Oh, that also includes using a jetboil zip neoprene sleeve instead of the sol sleeve. John, obviously that's prett...

March 26, 6:13am

Re: clarification on sumo cup
Roger, thanks for the clarification. That makes sense. However, the fin design for Reactors and Windboilers is much more robust with significantly thicker material and much greater contact area,...

March 26, 5:29am

Re: Re: clarification on sumo cup
Addendum to the above, before someone jumps on me... Also possible that the welding on the fins was defective, either by not getting hot enough to truly weld the 2 surfaces together, or not enou...

March 25, 6:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.