BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 168 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: Comparative efficiency of caldera cone vs diy windscreen in wind
Hugh, one thing to keep in mind when using Starlyte/CC... The configuration of the Starlyte/CC does not call for the use of the skewers through the cone, so the lip of the pot sits directly on t...

In GEAR » Comparative efficiency of caldera cone vs diy windscreen in wind
July 31, 6:52pm

Re: Winter Shelter: Duomid vs Solomid XL
That's a pretty good endorsement! Planning to use the Easton aluminum pegs non-snow and deadman wood sticks for snow.

In GEAR » Winter Shelter: Duomid vs Solomid XL
July 31, 7:13am

How many dedicated SULers here?
Has there ever been a poll, or available to administrators in the user database? SUL Forum or not, put SUL in the thread header and I'll read it, and if it's useful info I'll likely ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Why is this forum so inactive?
July 30, 8:35am

Re: Re: ZPacks titanium steaks!
"Sounds tough" You've gotta rehydrate 'em for a couple of hours. Worth it for the weight savings, tho!

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
July 30, 8:16am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks!
Ah, great looking dog, and glad to hear you got it back to its owners. Made a good prop for the tent photos!

July 29, 4:03am

Re: Re: Thanks!
It was really nice to be able to see Anton's photos to get a feel for the dimensions. My dog is also similar in size to Anton's. I spent many a winter night in the Bibler Eldorado, and whil...

July 28, 8:14pm

Thanks!
Much appreciated! I will be using it winter only (or when consistently below about 40*F) so insects will not be a problem.

July 28, 6:01pm

Re: slightly off topic
Anton, do you have the Cuben or Sil? I'm thinking about getting the sil for winter.

July 27, 6:45am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
"News from the trail is that the SPOT is no longer transmitting, but @SheltonJenn & @krissymoehl are still on the move! Go team go! #JMTFKT" Too bad! I have become addicted to chec...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 25, 5:22am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
Jerry, no need for the snark. I'm just wondering about the viability of such a strategy, since there are a couple of knowledgeable folks participating in the discussion.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 24, 6:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.