BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 239 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...24

Forum » Thread

Re: Weights and guyline
Jason and Mole, Duly noted. I will use the fat cord!

In GEAR » MLD Duomid
September 21, 1:45pm

actual weights of mine
Duomid seam sealed with guylines = 23.940 oz, pole jack = 0.724 oz, stuff sack = 0.782 oz And I'm going to need stakes and ground sheet of some sort. Probably Ground hogs for the corners and...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid
September 21, 7:18am

Re: carbon fiber tarp pole breakage.
Where did the pole break? At the tip (junction with another pole) or did it splinter lengthwise? A very good field repair (stronger than new!) is to wrap the broken section very tightly with som...

In GEAR » carbon fiber tarp pole breakage.
September 21, 6:44am

Re: various duomid weights
I didn't weigh mine before seam sealing, but I will weigh it tomorrow (want to let the sealer cure thoroughly before rolling/stuffing) in the stuff sack with guy lines (corner and side) and pol...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid
September 20, 2:30pm

Re: That was quick!!
Nice, cool and dry day yesterday with hardly a breeze so I pitched the Duomid on the deck and did the seam sealing. I haven't sealed any seams in a long time and the process vividly refreshe...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid
September 20, 8:44am

Re: Stakes that can take a pounding
Check out THIS Pretty good round-up of what's available. But this can be quite subjective depending on what they are being pounded into.

In GEAR » Stakes that can take a pounding
September 19, 10:20am

That was quick!!
I ordered the Duomid last Saturday and it arrived in the mail this afternoon. I've got a serious date with some Silnet soon, lol!! And a quick little overnight trip to give it its shakedo...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid
September 18, 3:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question
Think about it this way: Neither sleeping bags nor sleeping pads produce heat. They conserve heat produced by your body. So find the lowest R-value sleeping pad and lightest sleeping bag (or ...

In GEAR » Exped UL7 W versus NeoAir XTherm L
September 17, 1:39pm

Re: Aqua Mira
I've been using the pre-mix method all summer and it has worked quite well for me. Three or four times I used it with some seriously manky water (standing, warm, nasty stuff with things visibly...

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
September 15, 5:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pesky pole in the middle Duomid issue
Thanks, I'll give 'em a call tomorrow morning. Nice to have options.

In GEAR » MLD Duomid
September 14, 3:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.