BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 318 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Westchester/Putnam/Rockland
>I don't quite have the gear (yet) for real winter camping, but would love to get there (or figure out a way to extend my current gear) There is a lot of crossover from autumn-worthy (say...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » winter in NY
October 22, 2:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey, this is about us
Maybe Wes should be given a temporary membership so he could, uhhh, "weigh" in?

In GEAR » Hey, this is about us
October 22, 2:06pm

Re: Hunting at California Hill MUA
That's another one of the great things about Harriman - 46,600 acres with hunting only in relatively small areas west of Rt 17!

October 22, 1:55pm

Re: re: Winter in NY
Pete, thanks for that link! Since you're nearby, I would be very happy to help you fast-track your winter camping skills (and snowshoeing, too, if you need/want). It's nice that you can ...

October 22, 10:13am

Re: Re: winter in NY
Hi, Ian - Stalkers welcome! Nice to have someone living in the PNW who has a lot of winter experience in NY and understands that despite our comparatively humble elevations NY really does have s...

October 22, 9:27am

Re: Another which down jacket thread
Just to throw something else out there... I love my Montbell stuff (6 various jackets/windshirts, 2 pants, Dynamo wind and downtec), but Eddie Bauer has the First Ascent Downlight jacket with Do...

In GEAR » Another which down jacket thread
October 21, 6:57pm

Re: corners of the duomid itself...
Jennifer, mine has some clips sewn into the corners (as well as along the middle seams of the tent body and at the apex) for attaching an inner net. "morning crawl into the wet corner"...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid
October 21, 9:15am

Re: Report?
Hi, Christian: I had a nice trip and discovered a couple of new things and also refreshed my memory on quite a few old things. Also made me question the wisdom of taking my dog on this hike. ...

October 21, 8:57am

Re: Winter layering/suffocation
Nobody mentioned this yet so I thought I'd suggest the possibility that you actually were suffocating! On a couple of occasions I have been so hermetically ensconced in winter tents that the...

In GEAR » Winter layering/suffocation
October 20, 8:39pm

Re: A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
Did you get sick?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
October 20, 8:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.