BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Whisperer
OK, I googled quickly and just got the jacket... I'm 5-9/165 and the medium is, for me, a trim fit. Fit is highly subjective!

In GEAR » MontBell EX Light Down Anorak
September 01, 8:22am

Re: Whisperer
... big difference being the Ghost Whisperer doesn't have a hood. As others have noted, MB mid layers have a trim fit. I have 3 MB medium-sized mid layers and they will definitely let you kn...

In GEAR » MontBell EX Light Down Anorak
September 01, 5:47am

Re: Re: Washing - Lost Down Loft
And don't ever use a top-load washer. The twisting and wringing can very easily rip the baffles.

In GEAR » Washing - Lost Down Loft
August 30, 6:57am

Re: a-ha!
Still makes sense to learn a couple of knots and hitches. It ain't rocket science, after all. <|:(

In GEAR » What is the best lightweight shelter?
August 28, 6:28pm

Re: What is the best lightweight shelter?
"best lightweight shelter" Them's fightin' words! ;-) Time for my plug for the Zpacks Hexamid Duplex Light, spacious and bug-free.

In GEAR » What is the best lightweight shelter?
August 27, 2:57pm

Re: Misc
Personally, I could live without the booties and the lantern, and use the Petzl E+lite vs the Zebra. I'm happy with the Neoair xlite short (8oz) and REI Flash pillow (1.5oz) But your base is...

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
August 26, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: When do white gas stoves quit working?
"silicone O-rings are rather porous and are not recommended for use with hydrocarbons." Ah, this is true. I should have remembered from my gasoline and methanol engine encounters. I...

In GEAR » Winter Stove Discussion - 2014
August 26, 5:50am

Re: Re: When do white gas stoves quit working?
I'm not sure what the MSR o-rings are made of (a quick google couldn't determine), but common 70 durometer silicone is good down to -65F, and there are others with a much colder rating. But...

August 25, 6:43pm

Re: When do white gas stoves quit working?
I've used an XGK down to -33F and it worked fine.

August 25, 9:11am

Hexamid Duplex
Two very useful vestibules, two doors so one tentmate doesn't have to climb over the other to get out, super quick pitch/strike, total 21.8 oz including stakes and stuff sack. However, I use it...

In GEAR » Tent vestibules and TENT VESTIBULES
August 22, 8:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.