BPL Community Profile

Bob Moulder (bobmny10562) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Westchester County, NY
About Me Backpacking, trail running, MTB
CityOssining
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Moulder

Showing 1 - 10 of 263 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...27

Forum » Thread

Re: Mec.ca
Campmor

In GEAR » Where have all the Close Cell Foam Pads Gone?
October 01, 6:46pm

Re: Re: Re: December 21
Stephen, for all that effort I will supply the Jaegermeister and Macanudos!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » winter in NY
October 01, 6:35pm

Re: December 21
Yep, the magic 3500 repealed, yaaay! At the top of Slide there is actually an area of about 1/4 to 1/2 acre that has a wind break composed of a dense thicket ofgnarly spruce trees. Bring you...

October 01, 6:07pm

Re: That loop
Joe, you may know this, but it is actually possible (and legal) to camp on top of Slide Mtn in the winter!! (HUGE caveat: Weather Permitting, LOL!) Good news is Woodland Valley road is plowed all t...

October 01, 5:50pm

Re: Re: Re: ok
Stephen, the closest town is Phoenicia, NY. Woodland Valley rd is off Rt 28 about 3 miles west/north of Phoenicia, then about 5-6 mi on Woodland Valley to the parking lot at the end. Going stric...

October 01, 5:37pm

Re: ok
I would just add... don't rule out the Catskills. There is some good, ass-whuppin' stuff up there in the winter. I have had on my mind for some time a loop doing Giant Ledge from Woodlan...

October 01, 4:50pm

Re: cuben winter
Joe, I have no direct experience with that, however the stuff I quoted/linked from the other thread did indeed influence my decision to get the silnylon Duomid instead of the Cuben. Maybe warran...

In Winter Hiking » bivy blizzards
October 01, 2:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Northeast
>>>That's interesting, Bob. Is is possible to weld cuben rather than adhere or stitch?<<< Mitch, I don't know -- I was quoting Lawson Kline there and his direct experie...

October 01, 1:11pm

Re: Northeast
Joe, I remembered reading this some time back and it spooked me with regard to Cuben use in winter. Took me a while to search it out, but it is fairly recent informaton. Maybe this is no problem at...

October 01, 6:36am

Re: fitzroy
The Fitzroy is bomber... but never again will I carry something like that. Even the Eldorado was too much, so I sold it. Stephenson 2RS is okay and used to be THE wicked-light option, but still not...

September 30, 7:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Moulder

Bob Moulder has posted no reviews.