Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Christian Edstrom (bjorn240) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Westchester County
About Me Christian Edstrom has not added a biography yet.
CityChappaqua
StateNY
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.christianedstrom.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christian Edstrom

Showing 1 - 10 of 99 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Forum » Thread

Thanks!
Thanks. Missed it the last time but got it now. Much appreciated.

In Gear Deals » NeoAir XLite for $99 Back at Amazon this morning (Lightning Deal) free 1 Day shipping
December 18, 10:34am

You don't
You don't. Thus the importance of keeping them dry, via the usage of VBL socks, gaiters, boot wax, and/or overboots. If dry, brush off the snow, put them in a shopping bag and shove them in...

In GEAR » Help! How do you dry your shoes overnight in winter?
December 17, 9:09am

On the right track
I think you are on the right track, though I would get M/90 Swedish surplus shell mitts (they come with a 70% wool liner which I would toss). For the insulation layer I would get the PL400s for co...

In GEAR » winter mitt layers
December 13, 12:30pm

Mirage in town
Mirage in town is like driving your BV206 to the liquor store. I suppose you could, but why.

In GEAR » Frost Line vs Mirage
December 12, 9:54am

Mix-n-match
Well, you'd mix and match based on length of trip and expected temps and expected variance. If I were going on a summer trip weekend trips, I'd wear a t-shirt (and bring the R1 and Houdi...

In GEAR » Layering Advice
December 12, 12:25am

R1 + R2
R1 + R2 can work well together. My winter system for a long time has been a baselayer, R1 hoody, MH Monkeyman or Woolpower 400g/m full-zip jacket(R2 equivalents), hardshell (if in extended win...

December 11, 11:39pm

Rain Jacket
BTW, I think you can get away with your Columbia rain jacket or DriDucks for anything but actual alpine hikes/climbs. That is the last place I would look to make a change. R1 usage: I use my R...

December 11, 11:11pm

Too complex and not enough
The Cap3, R1 Hoody, and Houdini are good, but... - The two insulation pieces are duplicative and not that polyvalent. - You need a real insulation piece for winter camp chores and rest breaks in ...

December 11, 11:02pm

Great trip.
BTW, that looks like a great hike.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Gros Ventre Wilderness XC travel from Green River Lakes to Jackson
December 11, 12:23pm

Hitching in Jackson
I think we cabbed it from the Airport to Moose ($8?). We hitched from Moose to the hotel (road tripping tourist couple) and from the hotel to the trail head on Teton Pass Hwy (22) before our hike ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Gros Ventre Wilderness XC travel from Green River Lakes to Jackson
December 11, 12:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Christian Edstrom

Christian Edstrom has posted no reviews.