Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill B (bill123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Bill B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill B

Showing 1 - 10 of 189 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Choosing and Using a Frameless Pack
I have an LBP as well. I would consider the stays attached to the hipbelt. Even though they are not directly attached, the stay pockets are so integral to the hipbelt that they effectively work as ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Choosing and Using a Frameless Pack
June 01, 8:49pm

7DNL
Roger, Great review. I have also found over time that a sighting compass is of little use to me. It souns like from your review that the declination is adjustable, seperate from the rotating bezel...

In Editor's Roundtable » Brunton 7DNL Compass Review
May 26, 6:47am

Leaving Rain Pants Behind
Mike, I guess it's just a different philosophy for different weather conditions. I hike in softshell pants that can soak through, but dry within 15 minutes once the rain stops. I carry Golite ...

In GEAR » Houdini equivalent in pants?
August 30, 2:16pm

Wind Pants
Aaron have you tried these: Wild Things Granite Pants (Schoeller Dynamic Extreme) You have to call Wild things to get them. They are not available on the website. Cloudveil Switchback: (Scho...

August 30, 12:27pm

Wind Pants
For me, softshell pants work as wind pants just fine. If I really get cold, I put light rain pants over the softshells. Would you be carrying both wind pants and rain pants, or leaving the rain pan...

August 30, 11:06am

Above Treeline
Beautiful photos. Are you planning on posting a trip report? I'd really enjoy hearing about it.

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
August 08, 9:17pm

Re: Windshirt
A few years ago I got caught out in a thunderstorm above treeline with 25mph wind, 50deg. temp and a horrible rain/hail storm. I was wearing a thin base layer and Houdini. I didn't have time to...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt Advice?
August 06, 8:40am

Z-PAC
I did not get a quote.

In Make Your Own Gear » Dimension-Polyant VX-21
July 06, 7:35pm

Z-PAC
I did contact D-P. They still sell small quantities. Thanks all!

July 06, 2:15pm

Dimension-Polyant VX-21
Thanks all for the replies.

July 04, 6:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill B

Bill B has posted no reviews.