Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam White (awhite4777) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale On the switchbacks
About Me Adam White has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam White

Showing 1 - 10 of 95 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Forum » Thread

Re: sierramapper - OpenStreetMap trail data?
Amy, Thanks for the suggestions. If you (or anyone reading this!) knows how to obtain trail data from OSM in any usable format (shapefiles, .kml, .gpx, etc.) I'd be very interested! That...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
October 31, 9:38am

Re: Re: Re: Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
Bill, Thanks--as always--for the feedback. That Coursera course looks interesting--I think I need to muster the free-time to enroll next time it is offered. My post--and yours--are the fi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
October 28, 11:37pm

Re: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness
Looks like a great time! Beautiful fall (and a bit of winter) in the Sierra. Wish I could've made it...next time.

In Post-Trip Reports » Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness
October 27, 11:59pm

Re: Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
Update! New Beta released! Try it here. More details in the blog post here. Quick summary of the updates: 1. Shaded-relief USGS Quads are available (and are now the default). Big thanks to Ma...

October 27, 10:46pm

Re: First snow of the year in Yosemite's Clark Range
Very cool--thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun trip. A bit of weather to spice things up, but it's snow--so it's fun. I'll be Hexamid'ing this coming weekend in SEKI...Forecast ...

In Post-Trip Reports » First snow of the year in Yosemite's Clark Range
September 30, 10:40pm

Meadow Fire
Looks like another fire is burning in Yosemite, this one near Little Yosemite Valley: http://www.wbtv.com/story/26470134/meadow-fire-burns-inside-yosemite-national-park. Yosemite Conservancy'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Meadow Fire
September 07, 6:18pm

Re: Rae Lakes Loop - Clockwise - 9/6/14
Jason, I'll just add to what Bob said. In my opinion, there are three highlights to the loop, and two of them aren't officially on it: 1. Rae Lakes, 2. Sixty Lake Basin, and 3. East L...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Rae Lakes Loop - Clockwise - 9/6/14
August 24, 11:02am

Re: Re: re: Pole straps
> Location: "On the switchbacks" what are those? ;) Ha! They're something we're apparently lucky to have! Although an enormous number of Mt. Whitney dayhikers might disagree...

In GEAR » Trekking poles
August 21, 10:21pm

Re: Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Can you describe your route/itinerary in more detail? Over Shepherd Pass, then XC to Milestone Basin? Or up the Colby Pass trail?

In Post-Trip Reports » Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
August 21, 10:18pm

re: Pole straps
Just another opinion, not the right or wrong way, but... I'm going to chime in and agree with Billy Ray. I recently tried going strapless, and it significantly reduced the efficacy of pol...

In GEAR » Trekking poles
August 21, 10:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam White

Adam White has posted no reviews.