BPL Community Profile

Adam White (awhite4777) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale On the switchbacks
About Me Adam White has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam White

Showing 1 - 10 of 74 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Re: Who is that hobo?
Ralph, Just wanted to say congratulations, and thanks so much for sharing! I'm curious--how did you come up with your caloric needs? I don't think I've ever eaten more than 3,500 ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ralph Burgress' Unsupported SOBO JMT Record
July 30, 9:58am

Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
Very impressive by Jenn! I hope she shares more details about her attempt and what some of the hurdles were. I really appreciate them sharing the SPOT track! It made this into something of a spe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 30, 9:48am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
From the same Twitter feed, looks like Krissy dropped at VVR. Jenn is continuing solo.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 25, 12:41pm

Re: A Visit to the Middle Fork of the Kings River
Awesome trip report, thanks! I have a permit confirmation for Copper Creek trailhead on August 8th. I was looking at doing this exact same loop, albeit perhaps ascending Glen Pass and descending...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Visit to the Middle Fork of the Kings River
July 18, 3:25pm

Re: Sierra High Route next week!!!
Awesome, mucho respect. Have a great trip! SHR...if that's not on my bucket list, I don't know what is. BTW, we met last year at Whitney Portal--just after I finished my JMT hike, and...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra High Route next week!!!
July 17, 11:13pm

Sierra Mapper blog
All, I started a blog for Sierra Mapper, with the intent of using it as a medium to continue the discussion and to broadcast the updates and improvements as they happen. The blog is (predicta...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
July 13, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First of all, Congrats
> Hah; good one. I'm an engineer, not a marketing weasel. Hah, I'm also an engineer--hence my desire to find someone else to organize something like crowdsourcing :). > Maybe y...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
July 13, 9:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First of all, Congrats
Bill, in your example of {0,5,10,15,10,25,30,35,40}, is the middle 10 noise or otherwise erroneous, or is it real--does the route descend to 10 before ascending to 25? I think that will affect ...

July 12, 2:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First of all, Congrats
Bill, Thanks again for the feedback! > CalTopo has more layers. Doesn't it use Google maps > engine? Those tiles seem to be coming from amazonaws; > not sure who owns those. ...

July 10, 8:46pm

Re: Re: Re: First of all, Congrats
Bill, Thanks for the feedback! > 1. more trails and THs Are there any in particular? Currently, I plan on finishing all of Sequoia NP, then finishing the Sonora Pass region of Stanisla...

July 10, 6:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam White

Adam White has posted no reviews.