Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam White (awhite4777) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale On the switchbacks
About Me Adam White has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://sierramapper.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam White

Showing 1 - 10 of 104 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: hipbelt/zpack
> Is the medium Zero pack less volume than the exodus or about the same? I took a few simple measurements (and photos) of both the Exodus and the Zero. Here they are, lying next to each ot...

In GEAR » Do you ever use a hip belt?
May 17, 2:42pm

Re: Hammer Perpetuem
A lot of expertise in this thread--I'll just add what I like: About 540 calories (4 scoops, think) in 12 oz of water. I find the more dilute solutions harder to get down. When it's thick...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hammer Perpetuem
May 14, 9:43pm

Re: Wheat free menus
Maltodextrin? I don't mean to fan the flames of a malto war, but Google tells me that it is gluten free. That (and Pringles...) are the carbs I mainly subsist on while backpacking. Not fo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Wheat free menus
May 14, 9:32pm

Re: Fun with dog, Not the JMT
Looks awesome, Aaron. Even more awesome for a family trip... When are you planning on going? I look forward to hearing about it afterwards.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fun with dog, Not the JMT
May 14, 9:25pm

Re: hipbelt/zpack
> Is the medium Zero pack less volume than the exodus or about the same? I don't know--the Exodus is packed full for a hike tomorrow, but over the weekend, I'll take some measurements...

May 14, 9:14pm

Re: Do you ever use a hip belt?
I have a MLD Exodus, and stripped down, I think it weighs somewhere around 24 oz. I realized that even the stripped down Exodus is overkill for my summer/fall 2-4 day trips, so--as an experiment...

May 14, 1:14pm

Re: Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
Just a brief update: I released an alpha version of Sierra Mapper...back in February. There's a link to the alpha from the blog: http://SierraMapper.blogspot.com, and a description of the chan...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
March 21, 1:14pm

Re: just don't trust the mileage?
Jeff, Well, *disclaimer*, I created Sierra Mapper. I'd tell you buyer beware, but of course, I know what you paid for it ;). Early in the process of making Sierra Mapper, I discovered tha...

In GEAR » Pre trip planning mapping software
March 01, 1:24am

Re: A week on the John Muir Trail
Allen, Awesome adventure, thanks for sharing! I'm already in the winter doldrums, envious of those autumn weekends that I can throw a few pounds of gear in a pack and head to the high Sie...

In Post-Trip Reports » A week on the John Muir Trail
December 12, 8:23pm

Re: sierramapper - OpenStreetMap trail data?
Amy, Thanks for the suggestions. If you (or anyone reading this!) knows how to obtain trail data from OSM in any usable format (shapefiles, .kml, .gpx, etc.) I'd be very interested! That...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
October 31, 9:38am

All Reader Reviews by Adam White

Adam White has posted no reviews.