Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam White (awhite4777) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale On the switchbacks
About Me Adam White has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://sierramapper.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam White

Showing 1 - 10 of 214 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...22

Forum » Thread

Re: whew!
Ha, I know...I've been busy with work and travel, and since the Rough Fire erupted, I've been pretty unplugged from goings-on in the Sierra. But it's a quiet Saturday morning, so I t...

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » Amber Monforte on the JMT
August 29, 12:49pm

Table and profile
The now-familiar data presentation is below. As usual, I tried to make reasonable guesses for when she took breaks. I typically did this whenever not having a break result in an unrealistically ...

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » Amber Monforte on the JMT
August 29, 12:30pm

Re: MLD Exodus FS questions
One more data point... I've carried up to 35 lbs in the old MLD Exodus FS. I found it comfortable up to and including 35 lbs (as comfortable as carrying 35 lbs can be, anyway). I never pu...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus FS questions
August 25, 10:21pm

Bummer
Bummer, Doug. Last year, my trip was almost canceled due to a wildfire near Tent Meadow. But, it was quelled the day before I left. One alternative I could propose would be a trip I did earlier...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Visit to the Middle Fork of the Kings River
August 16, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Great route idea
Doug, Well, I'll put it another way--there are plenty of sights along the way to keep you enthralled for seven days. The climb up to "the lip" and Granite Pass is a notorious se...

August 14, 12:06pm

Re: You set a high standard
Your FKT attempt shows that you at least have a modicum of determination, resilience, and endurance. Those are the same traits that are required to set a Longest Known Trip Report. I have one nu...

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » Following Ralph and Allen's JMT FKT attempt
August 14, 11:48am

Thanks for sharing it!
It was a great read. I didn't think it was long--only 37 words per mile. Terse!

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » Following Ralph and Allen's JMT FKT attempt
August 14, 11:11am

Road walk
Based on the speed of their SPOT messages, looks like they had a few-mile road walk from the Taboose Pass Trailhead down to the campground. Adds a little bit of insult to injury, I suppose. Hope...

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » Following Jared and Ty's JMT FKT attempt
August 12, 4:23pm

Re: What's ur favorite tent stakes?
None. I just use rocks. If the weather is good, I don't have to pitch my tarp at all; if I do (usually to limit condensation), and the weather is good, I don't need many rocks. If th...

In GEAR » What's ur favorite tent stakes?
August 12, 3:48pm

Re: Great route idea
Andrew's trip report inspired me to do this loop last year. It was an instant favorite of mine. I did it again this year, a few weeks ago! I did it a little quicker--I took two days, this ye...

August 12, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Adam White

Adam White has posted no reviews.