BPL Community Profile

Adam White (awhite4777) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale On the switchbacks
About Me Adam White has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam White

Showing 1 - 10 of 90 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Meadow Fire
Looks like another fire is burning in Yosemite, this one near Little Yosemite Valley: http://www.wbtv.com/story/26470134/meadow-fire-burns-inside-yosemite-national-park. Yosemite Conservancy'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Meadow Fire
September 07, 6:18pm

Re: Rae Lakes Loop - Clockwise - 9/6/14
Jason, I'll just add to what Bob said. In my opinion, there are three highlights to the loop, and two of them aren't officially on it: 1. Rae Lakes, 2. Sixty Lake Basin, and 3. East L...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Rae Lakes Loop - Clockwise - 9/6/14
August 24, 11:02am

Re: Re: re: Pole straps
> Location: "On the switchbacks" what are those? ;) Ha! They're something we're apparently lucky to have! Although an enormous number of Mt. Whitney dayhikers might disagree...

In GEAR » Trekking poles
August 21, 10:21pm

Re: Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Can you describe your route/itinerary in more detail? Over Shepherd Pass, then XC to Milestone Basin? Or up the Colby Pass trail?

In Post-Trip Reports » Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
August 21, 10:18pm

re: Pole straps
Just another opinion, not the right or wrong way, but... I'm going to chime in and agree with Billy Ray. I recently tried going strapless, and it significantly reduced the efficacy of pol...

In GEAR » Trekking poles
August 21, 10:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Middle Fork Kings: Redux!
> Did you try to treat that ankle after your return (back at the TH or at home)? I did. As I briefly mentioned in the trip report, I soaked it (iced it!) in Bubb's Creek, and did again at...

In Post-Trip Reports » Middle Fork Kings: Redux!
August 21, 1:14pm

Re: Middle Fork Kings: Redux!
All, Thanks for the feedback! > Maybe a Mineral King loop. Yes--Mineral King is on my list of places to explore. Easy access to Sequoia. The drive is a little longer, but there's s...

August 20, 6:00pm

Re: Middle Fork Kings: Redux!
Sharon, Thanks for the compliment! I always end up being so wordy that I half-assume I'm the only one that actually reads the text. Good to know I have company! Andrew, First, thank...

August 19, 7:50pm

Middle Fork Kings: Redux!
Inspired by Andrew F.’s recent visit to the Middle Fork Kings, I reserved a permit for the Copper Creek Trailhead out of Road’s End, in Kings Canyon National Park, for Friday, August 8th. An...

August 19, 3:00pm

DONE ! ! !
Done! From the SPOT messages, I calculated 3d:7h:48m I'm not sure if the first SPOT message was precisely timed with his start, so that may not be his "official" time. No mat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
August 18, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam White

Adam White has posted no reviews.