Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam White (awhite4777) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale On the switchbacks
About Me Adam White has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://sierramapper.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam White

Showing 1 - 10 of 152 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Allen's progress
Glad to provide them! It's a lot easier than, y'know, attempting a FKT, after all. Hopefully it's just SPOT funniness, but the evidence is starting to look a little damning--Allen ma...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT speed record attempt
July 28, 10:13pm

Re: Re: Allen's progress
(edit: updated through Glen Pass) Yep, looking good so far. Here's the table/profile through (edit) Glenn Pass:

July 28, 8:20pm

You've fed my inner nerd
My inner nerd loves this thread. Thank you for posting it. There's even a spreadsheet! Also, very cool to get out with your 11 year old nephew--hope you guys have a great trip. At least you...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 16 days of food in a Bearikade Expedition!?
July 28, 2:51pm

Re: Big SEKI Loop in August
Lots of good input already--I'd second most/all of it. My only additions: How often do you intend to pitch your tarp? Rocks will be plentiful on your route. I've stopped carrying stak...

In Gear Lists » Big SEKI Loop in August
July 28, 2:11pm

Allen's progress
(edit: updated through Wallace Creek) Well, Ralph, I hope you're okay with us using this thread to discuss Allen's attempt, too. Once you get going, it'll be a coupled topic anyway! ...

July 28, 1:24pm

Re: Re: Following SPOT...
Yep, the first ping just came in...he's well on his way up Whitney.

July 28, 8:11am

Re: Re: Re: Thanks!
> One follow-up question: Was there water even on the way to Tent Meadow? Yes, there was. For whatever reason (lucky you!), I decided to drop a waypoint on my GPS at the first water I crossed...

In Pre-Trip Planning » sierra dry?
July 28, 6:38am

Re: Re: Just when you thought it was safe...
> And just to make this more interesting - I'm going to make another attempt on > Wednesday, starting 24 hours after Allen. NO! TOO MANY SPREADSHEETS, TOO MANY TABLES! Kidding, of...

July 27, 5:34pm

Re: Thanks!
Well, if you hike a little faster, you won't need 11 days of food! Kidding, of course. I was only carrying around 14 lbs total, so I really was BPL. I was also trying to get to Palisade Cree...

In Pre-Trip Planning » sierra dry?
July 27, 4:40pm

Re: Weather Big SEKI Loop
Most of this is personal opinion, but this is my $0.02: I would take the Spirit 28, but acknowledge that you might get a little chilly, and might want to sleep lower, and pick sheltered campsite...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Has it rained yet in California?
July 27, 4:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam White

Adam White has posted no reviews.