BPL Community Profile

Heath Poulter (antitrust311) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me Husband, Father to two wonderful girls, Cook, Outdoor Adventurer, World traveler, Lover of all things Science and Tech, Veteran, Linear Accelerator Engineer.
CityGilbert
StateAZ
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Heath Poulter

Showing 1 - 10 of 143 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re
Amazing trip report! How did you prepare for this ascent? I have been getting in to mountaineering and want to do this route some day.

In Post-Trip Reports » Cassin Ridge, Denali - harder and more rewarding than expected
September 27, 9:11am

Re
I'm good on gear I just want to understand what everything means when I read descriptions of fabrics and treatments to fabrics or the differences in breath ability vs waterproof ability. Thanks...

In GEAR » How to understand fabric types and waterproof ratings
September 26, 1:07pm

Re
Thanks guys I will read over these. I remember reading somebody was lab testing fabrics I would love to know who that was.

September 25, 9:22pm

Re
I don't have the resources to buy a bunch of tents and return or resell them. If people could give me an idea of what manufacturers to look at it would be much appreciated.

In GEAR » Light 2 person freestanding double wall tent.
September 25, 12:46pm

Re
I agree with the marmot scree pants. I did some mountaineering in them in Colorado last spring at 12,000 ft in some horrible winter conditions and I stayed warm and dry in them with mid-weight wool...

In GEAR » winter pants suggestions?
September 25, 12:44pm

How to understand fabric types and waterproof ratings
I have read on here previously threads where there were individuals that were well versed in what the different fabric types used in tent, backpack and clothing construction were and what the diffe...

September 25, 12:41pm

Light 2 person freestanding double wall tent.
All, I have a Shangri La 3 at the moment and its a great tent but a PITA to set up in certain conditions so I am looking for a light 2 person 3 season freestanding double wall tent that has around...

In GEAR » Light 2 person freestanding double wall tent.
September 24, 7:55pm

Re
Thanks all. Now where is the best place to get tyvek?

In GEAR » Carbon fiber replacement pole Shangri la 3 and tyvek ground sheet
September 24, 7:48pm

Re
Thanks guys! I didn't break the aluminum pole that came with the SL3 I just wanted to get something lighter. I figure the stock pole is probably half the weight of the tent.

September 23, 4:13pm

Carbon fiber replacement pole Shangri la 3 and tyvek ground sheet
Does anyone know where I can find a carbon fiber pole replacement for my Shangri La 3? Fully extended to the height I like it is 58" long. I am also looking for a tyvek ground sheet but did no...

September 23, 2:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Heath Poulter

Heath Poulter has posted no reviews.