BPL Community Profile

Andrew Martin (am1982) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale PacNW
About Me Andrew Martin has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew Martin

Showing 1 - 10 of 39 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

RE: Food squeezing out
I use the Ursack with the aluminum liner and my standard practice is to pack my Evernew (short and wide) 1.8L or 1.3L pot or at least the pot-lid at the top of the bag so that when cinched down the...

In GEAR » Ursack Approved by IGBC
August 26, 1:41pm

RE: Solar vs battery pack
I have both a Suntactics s5 charger and a ~6,000mA battery pack (got them in a bundle from Amazon). I took both on the JMT and the battery pack only on a four night trip on the Teton Crest Trail. ...

In GEAR » battery pack vs solar panel
August 26, 1:26pm

Anyone with experience with both BA Copper Spur UL2 and the TT SS2?
I own a Copper Spur UL2 and have used it extensively. Having just got back from a solo hike of the JMT with a TT Notch I can attest to the need for very strong stakeout points on any TT that isn...

In GEAR » what else is better than the TT SS2?!
August 02, 5:52pm

tarptent moment 2p
Nice! 52oz with stakes and support struts, 48oz when trekking pole supported. Edit: Pretty competitive with a lot of the 2-door, DW, freestanding tents that are fully storm worthy. About on par wi...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment DW 2P
May 07, 12:11pm

Packs are like shoes...
... their fit is very personal and a good fit leading to maximum load transfer and comfort is highly desirable. This thread reminds me of many of the shoe discussions in that brand X is loved by s...

In GEAR » why are osprey packs so popular?
May 05, 8:12pm

Recent pack review
You might want to check out the "The grocery sack grows up" article as it has a good table of packs and maximum weights. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/groc...

In GEAR » Can I use an Ultralight Backpack?
May 02, 4:35pm

Paperwhite 2
With the screen brightness turned to it's lowest (it's never really off) and Airplane mode on I've gotten days of battery life out of the Papwewhite 2. Plus, the back-light is nice to ...

In GEAR » Kindle vs. Kindle Paperwhite or Nook for backpacking?
April 27, 10:50pm

Sun protection
As an albino and thus not able to tan, I found the Echo LS to be quite protective. At least when new, these shirts were more reliable than the SPF. 80 I use on bare skin. They are also very breat...

In GEAR » Outdoor research Echo LS zip tee
April 23, 3:13pm

RE: Nuclei
The Nuclei might fit the bill, no powerstrech side panels to let out heat and in wind plus it uses a denser fiber. I think the Whisperer is just not going to be warmer than an Atom LT since it&...

In GEAR » Warmer and lighter than an Atom LT
April 14, 12:51am

RE: wind/light snow
I was also a little disappointed by the wind/snow performance buy stopping by REI in Seattle last week to check out a Dash 2, I'm not surprised. If the poles at the foot-end hub went all the w...

In Editor's Roundtable » REI Dash 2 (2-Person, Double Wall) Tent Review
April 13, 2:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mchale Little Big Pack (LBP) 40
I ordered my LBP 40 about a year ago from Dan McHale and was delighted with the pack we settled on after a few months of testing with a "loaner" pack. Since I've received the pack it ha...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 01, 4:00pm

McHale Backpacks
I've reviewed my LBP 40 elsewhere but a separate review for Dan himself seems apt. He is clearly a master of the packmaking trade and while not a UL fan by nature his commitment to customer educa...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:15pm