Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andrew Baxter (adb0406) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Andrew Baxter hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Andrew Baxter has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew Baxter

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Top Quilt= light down bag
I do have a summer weight down bag that is light, but I am trying to get to less weight and hoping that the bag as a quilt could be enough. I have to add that I am side/stomach sleeper, so I do ha...

In Hammocks » Temp for Pad or Under-quilt?
April 18, 6:58pm

Temp for Pad or Under-quilt?
Just out of curiosity, at what temp do you all add a pad or under quilt to your hammock? I am trying to cut the pad out for weight and space in my bag. I would love your opinions. Thanks and ke...

In Hammocks » Temp for Pad or Under-quilt?
April 17, 3:41pm

Pack List for Hammock Hikers (A.K.A. Human Piñatas)
I am looking to see if any fellow human piñatas out there have a pack list. I am always looking for new ideas.

In Gear Lists » Pack List for Hammock Hikers (A.K.A. Human Piñatas)
April 14, 4:05pm

Sterno Cans
Hey, I have to get on planes for major trips out west. I can't pack alcohol fuel or canisters, So my buddy offered an idea of Sterno Cans. Has anybody used Sterno Cans for a heat source? I am t...

In GEAR » Sterno Cans
May 26, 8:20pm

Mini Air Horn
I know many will be against this due to the 4oz it weighs, but I have carried a mini air horn with me for years. A friend of mine in Alaska told me that Dog Sledders carry them to get the bear away...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
May 24, 9:21am

Condoms
My buddy didn't bring condoms on a trip once and his wife got prego. That is a few oz. I can't live without. Other items: My camera is about 6oz. (a must for me, got to remember the hi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
May 09, 3:52pm

Hammock
This is the #1 reason I switched to Hammock Camping. My hammock weights 18oz. It gets you off the ground from snakes that want the body heat, mice, bugs and wet ground if it rains. Small tarp over ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes
May 09, 3:40pm

Wax Paper
Wrap the Vaseline cotton balls in wax paper. No mess, can burn the wax paper, and no carry out like you have with McDonald plastic straws.

In Multiple Use Gear » Cool firestarter idea
May 09, 7:00am

Re: Re: Chopsticks
REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!? Chopsticks are cheap. Easy to get and easy to use. But I am regretting I posted the idea b/c this whole thread is full of stupid comments about poison from wild woods, to how ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Chopsticks
May 03, 10:05pm

Wax paper
I wrap my cotton balls in wax paper. Then my hands stay clean.

In Make Your Own Gear » Crisco Cottonball Firestarter
April 22, 5:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter has posted no reviews.