Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Trevor Greenwood (Skippy254) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Trevor Greenwood has not added a biography yet.
StateColorado

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Trevor Greenwood

Showing 1 - 10 of 14 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

rain jacket
I only use a rain jacket and have always hated rain pants. I just got a smoking deal on a Marmot Precip for $54 at my local REI.

In GEAR » What rain gear do you use?
April 21, 10:40am

Re: 6 hours not viable
Funny that I read this post as I had just posted an experiment I did on preheating water on a different forum. I took a platy and darkened one side with a very large black permanent marker. I the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Solar Water Purification
April 09, 5:05pm

Second thoughts and best brands
I had been thinking about making either a tarp or "tarptent" out of silnylon but all this talk is giving me some second thoughts. For the guys that have gone the MYOG route what is the b...

In GEAR » Sil-nylon Misting
March 26, 3:59pm

Re: another good (free) bottle to use for alcohol
Once it is washed out, it is good for alcohol or possibly white gas. --B.G.-- It wouldn't be safe for white gas. -T

In GEAR » Alcohol Fuel Bottles
March 26, 3:23pm

training
I don't train for backpacking per se. I usually put a few thousand miles in on my bikes training for anything from short track to 24 hour and 100 mile mountain bike races. Backpacking is a wa...

In Philosophy & Technique » do you train for backpacking? How?
March 25, 1:38pm

nutrition
I would also like to highly advise trying out the Hammer nutrition. I use it for 24 hour bike races and have used it in the tough conditions of the Leadville 100 and it works great for me. Good...

In Gear Lists » Help me pare down my gear for a speed hike
March 25, 1:39am

hogback
Thanks for the additional info on the Hogback. I sure like the look of the tent and it seems well made from your pics. Did the tent come with lines to guy it out? Let us know when you post you...

In GEAR » TT Hogback Pictures and 1st Impressions
March 21, 3:43am

Re: Re: What we typically wear
> We don't use rain pants because our pants dry plenty fast. DANGEROUS! You will die from hypothermia. Roger, I think the whole thing about rain pants is a little over the top. I...

In Gear Lists » 3 season gear list
March 09, 4:17pm

Re: hogback
Simon, Do you think there is enough room for 3 kids and 2 adults and accompanying gear? The kids will be carrying packs the size of large school bookbags. Thanks for the info. -Trevor

In GEAR » Tarptent Hogback
March 08, 4:50pm

Re: Champion C9 Apparel
I have some C9 stuff and my favorite I got on a clearance rack for maybe 5 bucks. It is a long sleeve shirt/base layer that is brushed on the inside with a maybe 1 inch collar (turtleneck style?)....

In GEAR » Champion C9 Apparel
March 08, 4:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Trevor Greenwood

Trevor Greenwood has posted no reviews.