Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke H. (Scraps111) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Luke H. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Luke H. has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke H.

Showing 1 - 10 of 41 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

Fishbowls
I was at fishbowls at the end of June. There was plenty of water at that time, but obviously that was over a month ago. Nice hike though. I went in from Mutau Flat Rd. and did a loop with cedar cre...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Piedras blancas fishbowls, Kern, or Seki?
August 09, 10:27pm

Re: Cathedral Lakes to Clouds Rest mileage?
Thanks, I thought about doing it that way also, but I was looking for a longer hike. Are the shortcuts off trail?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cathedral Lakes to Clouds Rest mileage?
August 02, 9:51pm

Re: Cathedral Lakes to Clouds Rest mileage?
Thanks, I have heard about the trail from Tenaya, but my permit is for the Cathedral Lakes trailhead. I haven't heard about any of the other alternate routes though. Thanks again.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cathedral Lakes to Clouds Rest mileage?
August 02, 7:50pm

Cathedral Lakes to Clouds Rest mileage?
Can anyone tell me about how many miles it is from Cathedral Lakes trailhead to Clouds Rest? How many miles to Sunrise Lakes? Thank you.

August 02, 7:09pm

Firtst Aid Course
Check out the Wilderness Medicine Institutes website. They do wilderness first aid courses all over the country. Here's the link to their course schedule. http://www.nols.edu/portal/wmi/courses...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Wilderness first Aid courses in Michigan
July 29, 2:22pm

Piru
Thanks for the trip report. What trailhead did you park at to get to fish bowls?

In Post-Trip Reports » Piru-Maniacs: Three Back to Back (to Back) Trips Through the Piru Creek Watershed; Ventura County Backcountry
June 21, 8:08pm

Life after NOLS
What kind of job are you looking for? Are you wanting to work for NOLS or as a guide? What course are you taking? I graduated from NOLS, but wasn't really interested in attending NOLS for the p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Life After NOLS
May 14, 2:47pm

Waddell
Thanks so it sounds like I can get by doing the hike and not taking water from Waddell. Do these feeder streams have water most of the year?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alternatives to the Skyline to Sea Trail
May 13, 10:02pm

re: snakes
Thanks for all the helpful feedback! Lots of great tips on getting over my fear and it helps to know there are others out there that have this same problem when hiking. I have to admit all the snak...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes
May 09, 8:06pm

Water sources
I'm thinking of doing a two night out and back trip starting at Waddell Beach and hiking in to one of the trail camps near Big Basin the first night. Second day I would hike around big basin an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alternatives to the Skyline to Sea Trail
May 09, 7:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke H.

Luke H. has posted no reviews.