Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Pit Martin (Pit5785455) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pit Martin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pit Martin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pit Martin

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

super lightweight gear
I am 55 years old, and almost finished with the Colorado Trail. As I get older, I appreciate more comfort, and willing to carry a 28 lb pack, inclusive of all gear and food, but not water. This is...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 08, 12:06pm

Re: Cool Notes
My buddy, Tommy, and I are completing the Colorado Trail in segments, and both of us are in our mid-50s. We are heavily into ultralite, with one exception: we bring the Big Agnes Slide Mountain 3...

In Editor's Roundtable » Notes from the Field: The Wintry Fringe Season in the Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness
February 22, 3:10pm

Re: Hiking Hells Canyon Rim to Rim
Here in Colorado, 11 miles with 2300' elevation gain is a gentle hike, even with packs, water and food. Not impressed. Try the Colorado Trail, particularly sections 19 - 24, for some serious ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Hells Canyon Rim to Rim
March 01, 11:45am

socks
I always carry two pair for hiking, and one pair for sleeping, no matter the length of the trip. Another great tip: Take boots and socks off the feet every 3 hours, and let the feet breathe for 5...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
November 21, 9:44am

Ex Officio Briefs
10 days on the Colorado Trail last August, rained nonstop for 7 days (not used to that here in Colorado), the Ex Officio briefs were great. No odor, wash and dry quickly. I now wear under the wor...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ex-Officio Give-N-Go Briefs Review
October 13, 12:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Pit Martin

Pit Martin has posted no reviews.