Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Ashton (PDA123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Mass
About Me Paul Ashton has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Ashton

Showing 1 - 10 of 78 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Suspension.
The corner lines go to a single UCR on each side, so the strain is on one line only. Also, the strain on each side is the weight of the occupant when the suspension lines are at the recommended 25-...

In Make Your Own Gear » The 32 ounce problem
October 18, 5:35pm

Grizz Adams Bridge
Fascinating to look at Adams "ultralight" bridge. 10 oz is(IMO) quite an achievement. Wouldn't want to be much over, say, 150 lbs using Dynaglide. More peace of mind with a couple of ...

October 15, 6:32pm

hammock weight
Going by the specs of the Warbonnet bridge hammock, the hammock alone, with spreader bars, will be very close to your 32 oz limit. Then you need (in any hammock) under insulation, so 8 oz for a pad...

October 14, 3:17pm

lower cost alternative
+1 tp Dave Thomas. If you must have a a smoothy type breakfast (or other meal) use carnation Breakfast Essentials. Just as good (or bad - depending on your point of view) but no where near as expen...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ambronite - healthy alternative to Soylent?
June 15, 11:57am

QuarterDome
The REI Quarter Dome T2 is a great tent at a goodish price, if you are less than 6 ft. OK for me, but you will brush either end of the inner if over 6 ft. You need the T2 Plus which is several inch...

In GEAR » Tent for North Carolina
May 10, 5:58pm

Alternative small stove, lighter too
The Honey stove range includes this: http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/wood-burning-stoves/RD107.html

In GEAR » Emberlit Fire Ant Stove - lightest stove in the world?
April 26, 5:28am

How much?
Make your own for $10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9fOa98ry1o Then sew a large stuff sack from whatever material you think suitable (or can afford). This same chap make a triangular, "...

In GEAR » Vargo Ti Arc External Frame Backpack...Thoughts?
August 04, 4:09pm

Empirical
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VkQA0_duIHE Shows delta T for different levels. The main point is usefulness for cooking, not just boiling and rehydrating.

In GEAR » Cozies: Are they worth the weight?
July 14, 6:21am

Quarterdome
Not the lightest, but the REI Quarterdome 3+ would be a fit for you. I have used a T3 and while plenty long enough for me, it would not be suitable for a 6'+ who does not approve of soggy down....

In GEAR » Shelter Help - death of an old companion
July 08, 5:11pm

Coffee?
1 via is an abomination, not coffee 2 Adding dairy or other fat products to good coffee is a crime which some would reckon to be capital.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trail Breve Latte (Coffee with cream) Success!
July 05, 11:19am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Ashton

Paul Ashton has posted no reviews.