BPL Community Profile

Paul Ashton (PDA123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Mass
About Me Paul Ashton has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Ashton

Showing 1 - 10 of 75 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

lower cost alternative
+1 tp Dave Thomas. If you must have a a smoothy type breakfast (or other meal) use carnation Breakfast Essentials. Just as good (or bad - depending on your point of view) but no where near as expen...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ambronite - healthy alternative to Soylent?
June 15, 11:57am

QuarterDome
The REI Quarter Dome T2 is a great tent at a goodish price, if you are less than 6 ft. OK for me, but you will brush either end of the inner if over 6 ft. You need the T2 Plus which is several inch...

In GEAR » Tent for North Carolina
May 10, 5:58pm

Alternative small stove, lighter too
The Honey stove range includes this: http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/wood-burning-stoves/RD107.html

In GEAR » Emberlit Fire Ant Stove - lightest stove in the world?
April 26, 5:28am

How much?
Make your own for $10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9fOa98ry1o Then sew a large stuff sack from whatever material you think suitable (or can afford). This same chap make a triangular, "...

In GEAR » Vargo Ti Arc External Frame Backpack...Thoughts?
August 04, 4:09pm

Empirical
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VkQA0_duIHE Shows delta T for different levels. The main point is usefulness for cooking, not just boiling and rehydrating.

In GEAR » Cozies: Are they worth the weight?
July 14, 6:21am

Quarterdome
Not the lightest, but the REI Quarterdome 3+ would be a fit for you. I have used a T3 and while plenty long enough for me, it would not be suitable for a 6'+ who does not approve of soggy down....

In GEAR » Shelter Help - death of an old companion
July 08, 5:11pm

Coffee?
1 via is an abomination, not coffee 2 Adding dairy or other fat products to good coffee is a crime which some would reckon to be capital.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trail Breve Latte (Coffee with cream) Success!
July 05, 11:19am

"Bio" fuels
@ Cahill Bio denatured alcohol is essentially no different from and other denatured alcohols. Max 95% ethanol (ethyl alcohol) and 5% mainly methanol (methyl alcohol, methyl hydrate) to make it po...

In GEAR » Ethanol in Canada - Found it!!
June 17, 4:59pm

Garage sale
The tents are great value. Buy one (or more) and then list them on Craig's list and sell at 2x the price paid. The use the profit to buy what you really want at REI.

In GEAR » REI Garage Sale tomorrow... no clue what to look for.
June 07, 3:46pm

veg soup
If you blanch then dehydrate veggies, then cook for one hour on the trail, you will destroy just as many nutrients as you would simmering for one hour at home.Better to do the simmering at home IMO...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrating vegetable soups
June 03, 3:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Ashton

Paul Ashton has posted no reviews.