Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

chris Nelson (Nel250) - BPL Guest

My Locale San Francisco
About Me chris Nelson has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by chris Nelson

Showing 1 - 10 of 59 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum » Thread

San Francisco
I'm going to have to throw out SF/Berkeley. It is a big city with a small town feel where you are free to express what every you want, especially if you are liberal. With a 3 hour drive north, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
January 07, 4:51pm

What is the Best TOPO mapping program to get?
Hey all Looking to get TOPO mapping program for Christmas this year. I know Natgeo has one and have also seen one from Delorme. What is the best one? I don't have a GPS but might get one one...

In GEAR » What is the Best TOPO mapping program to get?
November 27, 12:44pm

Re: Who watches survival shows? (NOT "Suvivor")
I like to watch Survivor Man. I find it impressive that he does it by himself and hauls all the gear around. Even doing hikes twice to get the shot leaving. Yes, emotions are key to surviving. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who watches survival shows? (NOT "Suvivor")
October 08, 8:15pm

Re: Gore-Tex socks & Tyvek slippers
I use North Face mule down slippers. Though I'm not a fan of most NF stuff these are great. 6oz and really warm. You can get other versions with a harder bottom sole if you want but I'm sur...

In GEAR » Camp shoes
October 08, 12:34am

Re: The North Country Trail: Porkies, Trap Hills, and Sturgeon River Gorge
Nice report! I grew up in New England and now in San Francisco, I really miss the trees changing color like that :(

In Post-Trip Reports » The North Country Trail: Porkies, Trap Hills, and Sturgeon River Gorge
October 08, 12:26am

Emigrant Wilderness-Relief Reservoir and Kennedy Lake
Date:September 15-17 2012 Temperature: Day-mid 70's Night-low 30's Mosquitos: None but plenty of yellow jackets For the last trip of the season we went to Emigrant Wilderness after dit...

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness-Relief Reservoir and Kennedy Lake
September 20, 6:11pm

Re: re: Lake Basin, Kings Canyon National Park, California
Larry Thanks for sharing your pics! You have some really great photos. I have not made it down there but it is on my top few to do next year.

In Post-Trip Reports » Lake Basin, Kings Canyon National Park, California
September 11, 5:59pm

Re: Glacier National Park WOW!!!!
What an AMAZING trip! I did Glacier a bunch of years back. Only got in a few days. My buddy and I are planning a trip up there sometime soon. Glacier is one of the most amazing places on earth!...

In Post-Trip Reports » Glacier National Park WOW!!!!!
September 11, 5:49pm

Re: Re: What down jacket? Patagonia down sweatshirt? Montbell ultralight down parka?
If you are a med take a look at this great deal! http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=68070&skip_to_post=581443#581443 Super...

In GEAR » What down jacket? Patagonia down sweatshirt? Montbell ultralight down parka?
September 09, 12:42pm

Re: Re: Backpacker just came in the mail
Funny, just before I logged BL and read this post I read thew the mag and looked at my buddy and said one word, "Stupid". Then it went in the trash.

In Chaff » Backpacker just came in the mail
September 08, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by chris Nelson

chris Nelson has posted no reviews.