Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
StateTennessee
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956?ap=1
My PDF Gear ListSEKI Late September '13

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 1 - 10 of 1800 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Simplifying Expedition Food With Single Serving Sized Packages
I repackage food into single serving ziplocks for week long trips at altitude. This helps me moderate my eating and force myself to eat at times and ensures that I do not over eat. On previous trip...

In Editor's Roundtable » Simplifying Expedition Food With Single Serving Sized Packages
January 30, 11:39am

Re: EE 0F degree quilt vs WM or FF 0F degree bag
I prefer a bag below 15* or so but if you can do a quilt more power to you for the weight savings. I have spent quite a few nights in the smokies in the winter and used a Mountain Hardwear Phantom...

In GEAR » EE 0F degree quilt vs WM or FF 0F degree bag
January 30, 8:30am

Re: Cuben winter shelter for Smoky Mountains?
Any mid should work well. What about an Oware Alphamid? It has steeper walls for better snow shedding and more headroom than the duomid at about the same footprint. The duomid is a good choice to...

In GEAR » Cuben winter shelter for Smoky Mountains?
January 30, 8:20am

Re: Thanks...more questions!
Both of my trips were later in the year (in 2012 it was August 25-September 1 and from August 28-September 2 in 2014) and I didn't see a single mosquito. That is one of the reasons I go that t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 3-4 day hike in Rockies
January 29, 1:52pm

Re: 3-4 day hike in Rockies
My vote is for Wind River Range. It requires no permits (unless you go in the indian reservation), few crowds, and world class scenery. I did a loop this past year that was 4 days and took us by ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 3-4 day hike in Rockies
January 28, 6:45pm

Re: Spring break hike GA AT
If you could I would either do the BMT in GA instead or go further north on the AT as the AT in GA that time of year will be a complete zoo. The BMT would be nice and not have many people. Ch...

In Gear Lists » Spring break hike GA AT
January 23, 1:22pm

Re: UL ideas that Died
There are many UL ideas and types of gear that are no longer that common. Here are my observations and mind you some of these are not dead but not as prevalent as they used to be: Packs with UL ...

In GEAR » UL ideas that Died
January 21, 8:48am

Re: UL ideas that Died
The reason they quit using Spinniker fabric is because the vendor could no longer supply Spinn that was waterproof. You have to understand that it was never intended to be waterproof, it was inten...

In GEAR » UL ideas that Died
January 20, 7:24pm

Re: Questions
Thanks for your help. We will be there the last week of May from May 24-28 (or close to those dates) so hopefully temps will be around freezing or above. I am not necessarily expecting thunder st...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pecos Wilderness Route help
January 19, 7:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Day 1
I am getting the itinerary finalized and had a few other questions. First, what type of weather should we expect? We are camping pretty high so I am thinking nighttime temps around 35*F and da...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pecos Wilderness Route help
January 19, 9:40am

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.