BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
StateTennessee
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956?ap=1
My PDF Gear ListSEKI Late September '13

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 1 - 10 of 1737 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...174

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Light Bomber Tent/Shelter Options?
I will throw in the Golite Shangri-la 2. I have a 2009 model that has the old 1.7oz silnylon and it has done great in high winds (40mph+) and driving rain. I haven't used it in more than a du...

In GEAR » Lightest Bomber Tent/Shelter Options?
September 12, 9:27am

Re: Re: Re: Pecos Wilderness
So you are saying that the Pecos wilderness could be closed due to wildfire risk? I assume that I could call and get that information from the Forrest service office and that I should be able t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good early June backpacking areas
September 12, 6:58am

Pecos Wilderness
With my Winds trip winding up a few days ago, it is time to start planning my 2015 trip. I still get the feeling that this trip will have to be in early June. I got the Pecos Wilderness map, a la...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good early June backpacking areas
September 11, 8:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Absolutely!
I picked up a used RX100 v1 in July and just got back from a week in the wind river range with it and can't say enough good things about it. I am not a photographer and every single one of my ...

In Photography » is the sony rx100 worth it?
September 03, 8:45am

Re: Re: Re: current Wind River Range conditions?
I just got back from the Winds and here is my update: there were a few Mosquitos at Shadow lake but not enough to be annoying. They seemed to go away once it got cooler in the evening. Crossed Il...

In Pre-Trip Planning » current Wind River Range conditions?
September 03, 7:59am

Re: Aluminum vs carbon trekking poles
The locus gear poles are much better then the gossamer gear ones. The locking mechanisms work much better and they are more sturdy. I just used them for 5 days in wind river range.

In GEAR » Aluminum vs carbon trekking poles
September 02, 7:41am

Re: Re: Montbell sizing
The Mirage isn't that slim fitting actually. It is bigger then my UL Down Jacket (2008-9 vintage) and Alpine Down Parka (2009-2010 vintage).

In GEAR » Upgrading Fall and Winter Jackets
August 27, 1:27pm

Re: Keeping the Mice Out at GSMNP
A mouse will just chew through a inner net if it wants in so that may not be a good idea. I have slept in the shelters bunches of nights and never had one get in my quilts. I did have one run acc...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Keeping the Mice Out at GSMNP
August 23, 8:00am

Re: McHale pockets
@Eli: the McHale pockets are separate (and removable) from the main pack. Their modular design allows you to mount them vertically or at a slight forward angle. They are very easy to get a water b...

In GEAR » Paradox/SeekOutside Unaweep Pics
August 22, 12:55pm

Re: On the side pockets
Hence one of the reasons why McHales water bottle pockets are second to none. Of course what makes a McHale is the hipbelt. The Paradox frame seems like it is top notch and I am sure they will ...

In GEAR » Paradox/SeekOutside Unaweep Pics
August 21, 6:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.