Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
StateTennessee
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956?ap=1
My PDF Gear ListPecos Wilderness Late May 2015

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 1 - 10 of 2016 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...202

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks!
The new dyneema HMG packs are full woven dyneema and are not the same as the dyneema grid used by Z-Packs, ULA, Golite, Exped Lightning, etc. Only the white "grid" pattern is dyneema fib...

In GEAR » Pack for when GG Gorilla overburdened?
August 01, 8:22pm

Re: Pack for when GG Gorilla overburdened?
Perhaps an Exped Lightning 45? Other options might be the Seek Outside Unaweep 3900 (probably the best load hauler), ZPacks Arc Haul, HMG Porter, Cilogear WorkSack 45.

In GEAR » Pack for when GG Gorilla overburdened?
August 01, 9:49am

Re: HMG
White (or other light colored packs) do get dirty and that bothers some people but black packs get hot in the sun. The only reason this is a big deal is they melt chocolate etc easier. I used to ...

In GEAR » Lightweight Expedition Pack
July 31, 4:48am

Re: external framed packs
They are external frame packs, but a new evolution of external frame packs that fit close to the body like an internal frame. In recent years the line has been blurred between internal and exter...

July 30, 7:38pm

Re: Re: Pyramid Selection Help! Luna 4
I have cuben shelters made by HMG and MLD and they are both top notch craftsmanship. I had Bearpaw make me a custom half inner for the HMG Ultamid 4 and it was pretty rough around the edges. It ...

In GEAR » Pyramid Selection Help! Lunar 4
July 30, 4:59pm

Re: Re: Lightweight Expedition Pack
I just chose the Seek Outside paradox 4800 for two weeks in Alaska. They also offer it in a 6300 size but the 4800 is pretty big.

July 30, 4:34pm

Re: Hip belt pockets yea or nay?
Yes for me. I use the right side for the camera and the left side for Aquamira, Purell, headlamp, compass, etc.

In GEAR » Hip belt pockets yea or nay?
July 29, 3:11pm

Re: Wind Rivers Questions
I second the recommendation on Nancy Pallisters book. I have been there two times from August 24-September 2 in 2012 and August 28-September 4 in 2014. No bugs either time.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind Rivers Questions
July 29, 1:04pm

Re: Hip belt?
I think the hipbelt is the weak link on most lightweight packs, not the frame. I hate the "wing" belts used by most UL pack makers, and like a wide, full wrap belt even if it doesn't...

In GEAR » Suspension comparison Zimmerbuilt vs GG mariposa vs zPacks arc haul?
July 25, 8:11pm

Re: Teton Crest Trail
My guess is 60ish days and 30ish nights. It certainly could be colder and/or have decent snows but I think you will be fine. I think late august is a great time of year : no bugs and fewer people...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Teton Crest Trail
July 23, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.