BPL Community Profile

Paul Huber (LS2379) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Virginia
About Me Paul Huber has not added a biography yet.
CityChesterfield
StateVirginia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Huber

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Soto Windmaster
I just replaced my MSR Pocket Rocket with the Soto Windmaster. Could not be more pleased.

In GEAR » canister stoves
July 21, 5:15pm

Notch floorspace
When I was looking to purchase my Notch I kept comparing the sq footage of floor space to my Scarp I and figured I would be cramped in the notch. What I really figured out is that I use my Scarp I...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch + Large Neoair Xlite or Xtherm
July 02, 6:05pm

Spot doesn't always work
I have read quite a few times, especially with climbers, where the spot does not work when needed. I would rather have something that works when I need it, than something I can chat up my trip with.

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 02, 5:55pm

Treksta
I just switched from the Vioz GT to a Treksta Evolution II. Since I have very low volume feet I added 1 full length 1/8" microcell foam insole and a 1/2 length of the same foam under a Sole in...

In GEAR » Boots (Vioz GT) to Trail Runners ... thoughts on what might fit?
June 26, 4:33am

Notch in Wind
I had my Notch in winds approaching 50mph and was impressed at how well it did. I got the partial solid interior and was glad I had it that night.

In GEAR » Contrail or Notch or ?
June 25, 3:25pm

Scarp II as winter tent
I have had my Scarp I on many a winter trip and have had no problems with setting up in deep snow or high winds. My bag has never gotten wet in the tent from condensation, and depending on where yo...

In Winter Hiking » Scarp 2 for winter?
March 10, 7:38pm

Trout fishing in Virginia
In Google Earth layers section,under more, turn on Parks and Recreation areas, that will show all the parks and all the hiking trails in Shenandoah National Park. Then go here http://www.dgif.virgi...

In Fishing » Backpack fly fishing mid atlantic
January 10, 4:26pm

Altitude
I know altitude will be the key factor here. I used to live on the beach in Spain and would go to Switzerland to climb and hike. The 12,000 to 15,000 feet of altitude would really kick my butt. I e...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Maroon Bells, Four Pass Loop
May 17, 6:24pm

Sky Terrain Map
Have ordered the Sky Terrain Map. Will look it over when it arrives.

May 17, 6:16pm

RE: Maroon Bells
I figured on anything from 35 degrees to 80 degrees and am attempting to plan for that. I will arrive in Denver on Sunday, drive to Aspen, then on Monday, hike to 10,800' to aclamize for the da...

May 16, 8:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Huber

Paul Huber has posted no reviews.