Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Olson (Kayaker7775) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Have hiked all over the East and the West. Looking for backpacking partners around Illinois.
CityNaperville
StateIllinois
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Olson

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Rain Pants
Rain Pants are a waste to me. I rarely use them. they are too hot and a pain to put on. I now use a rain skirt. It is light and very easy to put on. It can alos double as a ground cloth when t...

In Gear Lists » CT gear list
May 29, 10:08am

Growers Cup
Growers Cup is what you want. I use them and they are good. You have to order them from England as you cant buy them in the US. The small amoung of extra weight is worth it for 3 cups of grea...

In GEAR » Mountain House-like coffee / hot chocolate?
May 25, 9:48am

Me too
We once found an expensive camera on day 3 of our trek through Glacier NP. We looked at the photos on the camera and they were of a father and son. 3 days later we happed to run into them while g...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trash or treasures?
March 16, 2:45pm

GG
I have been eyeing the GG but I am not sure they will hold up. My weight varies from 200 to 215 so I need someting strong. The GG are very expensive to try on a whim.

In GEAR » What are the best UL Treckking Poles?
March 15, 12:01pm

What are the best UL Treckking Poles?
I have been working on my kit to get to UL weight slowly over the last 3 years. I am almost there with the exception of my trekking poles. I beat the hell out of my poles. I use them for hiking,...

In GEAR » What are the best UL Treckking Poles?
March 15, 10:43am

Re: cell phone-- bringin' it?
Nothing angers me more than being 3 days into a hike and someone pulls out a cell phone and makes a call. The whole reason I BP is to get away from the world, not to bring it into the backcountry ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » cell phone-- bringin' it?
February 22, 12:25pm

Olympic National Park - Bailey Range in August 2012
I will be hiking in the Olympic NP / Bailey Range this August. Does anyone know the snow conditions on this route? I am trying to figure out if I will need crampons. I will be starting from the...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Olympic National Park - Bailey Range in August 2012
February 22, 12:07pm

I love this quilt
I love this quilt. It works better than any other sleeping bag or quilt I have used. The weight vs size vs warmth is fantastic. I keep very warm in this quilt.

In Editor's Roundtable » Jacks ‘R’ Better Sierra Stealth Quilt Review
December 07, 1:51pm

Backpacks for Kids
Does anyone have a good suggestion for a durable yet lite backpack for a 10 year old boy? I would like to get my son a real backpack this year for our summer trips. It is time he started carrying...

In GEAR » Backpacks for Kids
May 18, 7:55am

Quilts
Does anyone know the size the UL 180 Quilt and the Pro 90 quilt pack down to?

In GEAR » Quilts
December 01, 11:46am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Olson

Jeremy Olson has posted no reviews.