BPL Community Profile

Dave Jenkins (Jinx667) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Navy officer stationed in San Diego. Love the outdoors and backpacking, and came here to learn how to shed some pack weight and still be comfortable. And, have found that lightening up can be addicting!
CitySan Diego
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Jenkins

Showing 1 - 10 of 95 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Forum » Thread

Great replies
Dean, that is a heck of a reply, but I am still a fan of having a floor. I took a look at the Stratospire, and that looks promising. Not too heavy and a lot of space for me the GF and the dogs ...

In GEAR » Sell me on your favorite DUO sized tent
July 17, 9:55am

Good input so far!
Thanks guys, I will take a look at the TT for sure. I am not married to getting another cuben shelter, but I admit I am spoiled on the rain performance and lack of sag. But if I can find a ligh...

July 15, 5:00am

Sell me on your favorite DUO sized tent
I am in the market for a DUO sized tent, and just wanted some input from the folks here. I use a cuben Lightheart Solo now and really love it, but I need something with plenty of room for two. ...

July 14, 6:23am

Kifaru UL
I owned one of the larger Kifaru UL packs when they first came out. They are VERY well built, light and the suspension system is great. I had up to 55lbs in mine and well, it is still 55lbs, but ...

In GEAR » Kifaru Bikini - and the dream setup
July 11, 9:56am

Re: Re: Snowpeak 700ml Mug Lid
That is the one I have currently, so mine is Ti not Aluminum. So when I get back I will be comparing it to the carbon fiber one and see which I like better.

In GEAR » Snowpeak 700ml Mug Lid
June 14, 7:08am

Lid
Right now I am using an aluminum one with a wood knob handle (forgot where I got it), but I just ordered the Carbon Fiber one from Ruta Locura. The aluminum one has kinda sharp edges and is cutt...

In GEAR » Snowpeak 700ml Mug Lid
June 14, 12:37am

Pack arrived!
My friend took delivery on my new ULA Circuit. It was at my door step about 3 days after ordering. I cannot wait to see it in person and get it loaded up.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stoked to get back out there!
June 13, 12:26am

Bear canister?
Do you ever have to carry a bear canister? I went with a ULA Circuit because I do. I would have went OHM 2.0 likely otherwise.

In GEAR » Day Pack Help
June 13, 12:20am

Ha you would think!
Ha, you would think! I am in desert digitals, and I like Multicam. I almost went old school woodland, but MC won out in the end.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stoked to get back out there!
June 12, 1:12am

More durable than Evernew?
I use the Evernew bags and have had zero durability issues. Did you have one fail?

In GEAR » More durable bladder for the Sawyer Squeeze?
June 06, 3:51am

All Reader Reviews by Dave Jenkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I have the Ex Light in a large and I am 5'7" 175lbs (16.5, 32/33 dress shirt). The fit is great. As was said before, this jacket is meant as a layering piece, and it does its job very well....

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
August 10, 9:33pm

Sea to Summit Alpha Light Spoon
I have the longer one and it is perfect for freezer bag meals, and lighter (and cheaper) than the Ti one to boot. The shape is great as well. Bravo S2S.

In Cookware - Other
July 07, 7:34pm

Evernew Ti stove and cross stand
Decided to switch to an alcohol stove for a upcoming trip and picked up the Evernew. It was a bit hard to find in stock, but a little google fu got one to my door. It weighs 1.2 0z with an additiona...

In Stoves - Alcohol
June 18, 2:40pm

Zpacks Cuben Fiber Suff Sack
I just got in the medium plus and the SP 700 stuff sacks from Joe, and they are fantastic. Made from .51oz cuben fiber and have sewn seams. You could seal the seams, but in this case they will be in...

In Miscellaneous Products
June 18, 2:20pm

Granite Gear Uberlight CTF3 Drysack
I picked up one of the 18L ones on sale to use as a clothes bag. I have to say it is very well made and the weight is right on what is stated. It is also waterproof from the start and comes with a r...

In Miscellaneous Products
June 17, 9:08pm