BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 1 - 10 of 282 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

RE: Out and back
Thanks for the compliments on the photos! :) HK Newman, yeah, 50lbs is off the list for the next trip. I've already got some ideas that will be put into action that will significantly reduc...

In Post-Trip Reports » Minaret Lake out and back
September 14, 12:40pm

Minaret Lake out and back
Well, I thought I'd share my thoughts on what was supposed to be a 6 day loop in Ansel Adams Wilderness, and ended up being a two day out and back. Having backpacked from Agnew Meadows to Thou...

In Post-Trip Reports » Minaret Lake out and back
September 13, 9:20pm

pad
I'm heading out tomorrow and will be in that exact area in a couple days. I opted for my 30* down quilt instead of my 40* synthetic quilt or my 0* synthetic bag (my only other two choices). I...

In GEAR » Eastern Sierra Gear Choice
September 07, 7:27pm

Re: Nammatjs replacement.
Congrats on the Tarra Stephen, you're going to love it! One of my buddies is using mine as I type this. Its a phenomenal tent.

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
September 07, 11:28am

Anjan
I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that they lowered the fly on the newer Anjans. Thanks for the info on that Stephen. That was the sole reason I never looked closely at them was because of the ...

In GEAR » Anjan: One 3 season 2 person tent to rule them all?
September 04, 12:39am

Re: Re: Jannu
Hi Mike, it's a small world. I've probably run into you on mutual aid calls over the years. I've been on Santa Cruz SO SAR for the past 16 years (13 of which have been as a Deputy), a...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
September 03, 12:12am

High Trail
Sounds like a great trip Rod! David T gave some awesome suggestions. Bodie State Historic Park is really a must-see if your family has any interest at all in the American "Old West", ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 3 day trip suggestions in Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion
September 02, 1:54pm

Re: Re: APS-C
"It's not only a 1.5 crop factor it changes the aperture also right? So a 50mm f2 acts like a 75mm f??? Right?" You got me...I would have answered that question "f/2&qu...

In Photography » photo math
September 01, 10:14pm

APS-C
Tough to top what Bob said, he gave excellent info and examples. I only just recently learned that some APS-C sensors were a crop factor of 1.5. I'd always heard of them as being 1.6 crop ...

In Photography » photo math
September 01, 8:53pm

Re: GGG
I really appreciate all the work you've put into these GGG events, Ken. This year was the first I've attended, so I have no perspective regarding the earlier, smaller gatherings. So comin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
August 31, 12:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.