Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 1 - 10 of 286 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

Jannu
My home away from home at Minaret Lake, the Jannu:

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
September 20, 1:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: color of pack, sleeping bag,...
"...Interesting, because is the yellow of the inner not for that ?" Yes, to a point. The yellow interiors do make a huge difference in cheer, but the outer color does affect the mood ...

In GEAR » color of pack, sleeping bag,...
September 20, 12:56pm

Re: Retractions
Hi David, yes, that's been my experience. Whether its only a perception or not is almost moot since it feels cooler to me when I'm inside on a sunny, hot day. :) It first came up in ...

September 20, 12:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: color of pack, sleeping bag,...
"I'll disagree. That may be true with shelters made of opaque materials, but With silnylon shelters, I have found that darker colored silnylons block sunlight better than lighter colored s...

September 20, 11:09am

RE: Out and back
Thanks for the compliments on the photos! :) HK Newman, yeah, 50lbs is off the list for the next trip. I've already got some ideas that will be put into action that will significantly reduc...

In Post-Trip Reports » Minaret Lake out and back
September 14, 12:40pm

Minaret Lake out and back
Well, I thought I'd share my thoughts on what was supposed to be a 6 day loop in Ansel Adams Wilderness, and ended up being a two day out and back. Having backpacked from Agnew Meadows to Thou...

In Post-Trip Reports » Minaret Lake out and back
September 13, 9:20pm

pad
I'm heading out tomorrow and will be in that exact area in a couple days. I opted for my 30* down quilt instead of my 40* synthetic quilt or my 0* synthetic bag (my only other two choices). I...

In GEAR » Eastern Sierra Gear Choice
September 07, 7:27pm

Re: Nammatjs replacement.
Congrats on the Tarra Stephen, you're going to love it! One of my buddies is using mine as I type this. Its a phenomenal tent.

September 07, 11:28am

Anjan
I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that they lowered the fly on the newer Anjans. Thanks for the info on that Stephen. That was the sole reason I never looked closely at them was because of the ...

In GEAR » Anjan: One 3 season 2 person tent to rule them all?
September 04, 12:39am

Re: Re: Jannu
Hi Mike, it's a small world. I've probably run into you on mutual aid calls over the years. I've been on Santa Cruz SO SAR for the past 16 years (13 of which have been as a Deputy), a...

September 03, 12:12am

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.