Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 1 - 10 of 359 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...36

Forum » Thread

Hilleberg Jannu for sale
Hello all, I regret that I have to sell my "sand" colored Hilleberg Jannu, but my wife says 3 two-person tents is 2 too many. Hahaha. My Nammatj 2 might be joining it on the sacrificial...

In Gear Swap » Hilleberg Jannu for sale
July 11, 12:12pm

Keron 2
I really wish Hilleberg went back to making a Keron 2. I know they did at one point, I've seen photos of it. I understand that they probably intended either the Kaitum or Nammatj to replace i...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
July 02, 5:56pm

Keron sagging
I appreciate your observations Walter. You've got far more experience in Hillebergs than I do, and I value your opinion on them. I disagree a little bit with your statement that in order to h...

July 02, 12:37am

Jannu
Here is my Jannu after a recent SAR training weekend. It is in front of my ultimate off-roading machine. A Crown Vic with 160k miles can go just about anywhere. I'm thinking of entering it i...

July 01, 2:05pm

dogs and lakes
I've got to say, I'm leaning far more towards Randy than Mark in the great debate. Haha ;-) When I come along a small mountain lake, I couldn't care less when I see humans or dogs p...

In GEAR » ultralight packing and dogs
April 08, 1:20am

Re: Staika
I could be wrong, but I'd guess out of their entire line-up, your Staika is one of the few tents that matter least how you have it facing. Just from photos alone, it appears very well designs ...

March 14, 11:56am

Lightweight
I'll be interested to read the Enan reviews. I doubt it would sway me from an Akto or Unna, but I'm curious about the Enan materials and longevity. To me, the #1 most important aspect of ...

March 01, 8:45pm

Wind tests
Hi Stuart, for clarification, I never had any of my Hillebergs in extreme conditions. My observations are from nothing more than looking closely at the design, materials, and general "feel&qu...

February 02, 9:59pm

Re: Innovation
" I doubt any of their tents are stronger than the Soulo even though they are marketed as such -- sure Kerlon 1800 may be more durable but I reckon the Soulo (due to its design and comparative...

February 01, 10:04pm

Re: Re: Interesting
I do hear what you're saying, and I'm not speaking about Ferguson in specific, since like I said, I don't know anything about it. If it turns out that an officer fatally shot a suspect...

In Chaff » A true police officer!
January 26, 11:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.