Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 1 - 10 of 355 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...36

Forum » Thread

dogs and lakes
I've got to say, I'm leaning far more towards Randy than Mark in the great debate. Haha ;-) When I come along a small mountain lake, I couldn't care less when I see humans or dogs p...

In GEAR » ultralight packing and dogs
April 08, 1:20am

Re: Staika
I could be wrong, but I'd guess out of their entire line-up, your Staika is one of the few tents that matter least how you have it facing. Just from photos alone, it appears very well designs ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
March 14, 11:56am

Lightweight
I'll be interested to read the Enan reviews. I doubt it would sway me from an Akto or Unna, but I'm curious about the Enan materials and longevity. To me, the #1 most important aspect of ...

March 01, 8:45pm

Wind tests
Hi Stuart, for clarification, I never had any of my Hillebergs in extreme conditions. My observations are from nothing more than looking closely at the design, materials, and general "feel&qu...

February 02, 9:59pm

Re: Innovation
" I doubt any of their tents are stronger than the Soulo even though they are marketed as such -- sure Kerlon 1800 may be more durable but I reckon the Soulo (due to its design and comparative...

February 01, 10:04pm

Re: Re: Interesting
I do hear what you're saying, and I'm not speaking about Ferguson in specific, since like I said, I don't know anything about it. If it turns out that an officer fatally shot a suspect...

In Chaff » A true police officer!
January 26, 11:14pm

Interesting
Interesting thread. Ian made some good points about PTSD versus trauma. We're taught that stress is "a normal response to an abnormal situation". People often accuse cops, firefigh...

In Chaff » A true police officer!
January 26, 6:20pm

Winds
Gorgeous photos. Can you tell me where the middle one was taken?

In Photo Gallery » The Winds
January 22, 11:07am

Re: Re: Three Sisters
The weather's probably more predictable in Mid September, but are you guaranteed of getting the Larch trees in their fall colors? My biggest fear of getting a permit is that with my luck I'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are you excited to go in 2015?
January 15, 12:12am

Re: Re: The Swiss Alps.
Oh yeah, and I'm also going to the Swiss Alps with Doug... And Kat. And Katherine. And Ken.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are you excited to go in 2015?
January 14, 11:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.