BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 1 - 10 of 273 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: GGG
I really appreciate all the work you've put into these GGG events, Ken. This year was the first I've attended, so I have no perspective regarding the earlier, smaller gatherings. So comin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
August 31, 12:44pm

RX100
Hi Jennifer, I'm late to the party (for all I know you're out on the JMT as we speak...in which case I'm very jealous). :) I just wanted to add I think you made a great choice in...

In Photography » OH NO!!! More decisions???
August 29, 11:51am

Caltopo
JJ, I've got my fingers crossed for both you and your father's trip as well as mine. :) Thanks for the link to Caltopo, that is fun to play around with. David, beautiful photos. I thin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
August 28, 11:44am

Knife
I recently spent an evening around a campfire with a group of coworkers and the knife discussion came up. One of the guys had a big 1/4" thick, 7" blade survival style knife and we had l...

In GEAR » is a knife a non-essential item?
August 28, 11:23am

Re: Other options
Thanks Richard, I checked out those two 14mm primes from Rockinon and Samyang. I wasn't aware there were any wides available for the full-frame E-mount and sure enough, you're right. They...

In Photography » New Sony A7R
August 26, 12:17pm

Re: Re: Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
Thanks for the suggestions David! I haven't had a watch for the past two years, when mine finally broke (I hate wearing them). So I decided to plunk down $34 to get the very last one REI had ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
August 26, 12:12pm

Watch
Joseph, a watch is not a bad idea. I don't currently own one, but I can probably find one with an alarm for cheap. I'll absolutely put up my better photos. Don't expect too much, my ...

August 25, 1:25pm

Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
Hello all, I'll be setting out the second week in September (already have my first night hotel reservation and wilderness permit) for a backpacking trip in the Sierra. I haven't decided ...

August 23, 7:09pm

Re: Re: Tent vestibules and tent vestibules
I've never been stuck in a tent for days. Camped for days, sure, but not "stuck" in a tent for days. I think that is when a vestibule (not to mention more interior space) would make...

In GEAR » Tent vestibules and TENT VESTIBULES
August 23, 6:46pm

Re: Copper Spur UL1 279.99
Yeah, I saw that on REI's website last night. Very tempting, even though I've been moving away from BA tents to Hillebergs. For a summer solo tent the weight sure is appealing.

In Gear Deals » Copper Spur UL1 279.99
August 23, 12:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.