Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 10 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Worlds Toughest Mudder
A friend of mine competed in the Worlds Toughest Mudder a couple years ago and dropped out because he got too cold to continue. He took note of the other competitors that were doing well, and told...

In Philosophy & Technique » Warmth in True Wetness
October 24, 6:00pm

Re: Levagaiter
Awesome! I've used that combo for a bit over 1,000 miles of hiking to great effect.

In GEAR » Levagaiter
December 05, 7:31pm

Re: Colorado Mountain Town advice
Have you considered Golden, CO? Great access to all things outdoors, MUCH cheaper than Boulder, and close to Denver so you have access to the Denver job market, plus a major airport. Golden has a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mountain town/city advice: Future move
November 20, 11:07am

Re: Bivy Material
"Dear Lord, why?" Doesn't the addition of a bivy move the dew point farther out, thus reducing the likelihood of condensation inside the quilt or bag? It seems to me that any cond...

In GEAR » Bivy material
October 17, 9:33pm

Re: Dyneema fabric
If you get any leads, I would be very curious to hear about them, irrespective of any sewing difficulties. I think I read that the manufacturer stopped producing this with the normal waterproo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dyneema fabric
September 26, 6:33pm

Re: Don't like bivvies, and have not needed them
"I aso find that body moisture condenses inside even the most "breathable" bivvies under some conditions in cold weather, risking loss of insulation value for my sleep system." ...

In GEAR » Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy?
May 14, 3:05pm

Re: Rocky Mountain GGG
I'm in! I live in Denver, so somewhere in central CO would be ideal, but I'll drive if I need to.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rocky Mountain GGG?
April 02, 10:32pm

Re: Heavy Metal Lovin' Ultralighters / Animals as Leaders
I see that Animals as Leaders announced some tour dates. June 6 in Denver. Any Denver area BPL'ers interested in going?

In Chaff » Heavy Metal Lovin' Ultralighters
March 25, 11:53am

Re: Can this thread please just die already!
"Can this thread please just die already!" You know if it did die, it would just rise again three days from now.

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 24, 1:06pm

Re: Heavy Metal Lovin' Ultralighters
Ok, I'll play. My tastes run toward the metal side of prog-rock. Animals as Leaders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfzWpp0hMc Canvas Solaris (which recently disbanded): http://ww...

In Chaff » Heavy Metal Lovin' Ultralighters
March 17, 1:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am