BPL Community Profile

James T. Volk (H2Oboy007) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me James T. Volk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James T. Volk

Showing 1 - 10 of 45 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

Sock Liner?
I use an old Army trick... I wear a pair of knee high women's nylons under a light pair of low cut socks with the nylons rolled over and left under my low gaiters. The nylons under the socks p...

In GEAR » Sock liner?
July 24, 7:27am

Looking for shoes...
I currently am using Salomon Speedcross 3 CS's, and I really like them. But, I wanted to find out if anyone had suggestions for shoes that I consider. I really don't want the ClimaShield o...

In GEAR » Looking for shoes...
July 16, 8:27am

RE: Hard water bottle for gravity filtering
I'm not sure if this would work... (but it does have a one way valve in the cap to prevent vacuum). The Blue Desert SmarTube Bottle Hydration System. They are available on Amazon for about $...

In GEAR » Hard water bottle for gravity filtering?
July 11, 6:33am

I'll thaw out for it...
If this comes together I'll definitely be up for it... unless it interferes with some previously planned permit-required trips.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone up for a Western Washington UL GGG?
July 09, 2:24pm

Challenger
It is black. Even blacker than the brownish black hybrid cuben.

In GEAR » ZPacks Rain Jacket updated to ZPacks Challenge Rain Jacket
June 30, 9:36am

BIAS Weight Weenie Micro Hammock
Hi Kevin. I just ordered a WWM in 52"... I'm thinking of upping the width. I'm also right at 6' tall. I was just wondering if you have any thoughts. This will be my first camping...

In Hammocks » BIAS Weight Weenie Micro Hammock
June 30, 8:04am

New ZPacks Jacket
I just got my new Challenger jacket yesterday... I had the old (whitish) one on order and Joe was nice enough to let me know about the Challenger. I went ahead and went with the upgrade. I haven&...

In GEAR » ZPacks Rain Jacket updated to ZPacks Challenge Rain Jacket
June 29, 8:24pm

Enchantments September
Which way are you planning on going in? Since you've got a Core permit you can camp in any of the zones. I would consider doing it as a thru. Take your time and work your way through the diff...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Enchantments (Core zone). 5 days, September 30.
June 24, 9:33am

Re: Polycro + Bug Bivy + NeoAir = Sleeping on Ball Bearings | + Pillow Question | + NeoAir Question
Thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking about going to an Equinox Mantis for bug protection... that way I'll just eliminate the silnylon and just go pad to mesh to polycro. I am going to pic...

In GEAR » Polycro + Bug Bivy + NeoAir = Sleeping on Ball Bearings | + Pillow Question
June 24, 7:16am

Polycro + Bug Bivy + NeoAir = Sleeping on Ball Bearings | + Pillow Question | + NeoAir Question
My sleep system is a Polycro Ground Sheet, MLD Bug Bivy, NeoAir XLite Torso Length, Katabatic Gear Palisades... I slept in it this weekend and I ended up sliding all over the place. Has anyone else...

In GEAR » Polycro + Bug Bivy + NeoAir = Sleeping on Ball Bearings | + Pillow Question
June 23, 12:33pm

All Reader Reviews by James T. Volk

James T. Volk has posted no reviews.