Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lowell Mills (FarmHand357) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Lowell Mills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Lowell Mills has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lowell Mills

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Boiling off chemicals/pesticides?
A hypothetical: You are in an area with agricultural runoff and you don't have a filter. Are some of these pollutants more volatile than water so that, worst case, you could boil creek water f...

In GEAR » Water filter for herbicide/pesticide/fertilizer?
April 03, 12:52pm

Dog packs and hip displasia?
Just wondering if this is a factor in weight planning for your canine. My GSD has mild displasia; to me this means that any extra weight being carried adds to hip wear and tear. We keep her thin ...

In GEAR » ultralight packing and dogs
April 03, 12:47pm

No swish!
But Rick, beneath the ambient noise, I'll still know it's there... Ken thanks. Now I am excited!

In GEAR » Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
November 11, 5:14pm

How quiet/noisy
This jacket and pants sound great; just wondering if users can tell me how quiet the fabric is. I prefer a softer feel to the swish, swish of, say, nylon. Thanks in advance for any insight...

In GEAR » Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
November 11, 11:42am

Re: Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
It's my understanding that the Aurora shooter specifically passed up several nearby theaters because they did not explicitly ban firearms by law-abiding patrons. He chose one that did with a...

In GEAR » Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
October 09, 8:46am

iPhone 5 off when charging to obviate need for external battery?
Interesting; thanks, David. I tested my phone last night by plugging it into a USB port, then doing the complete shutdown (holding down the top button until I can use the red slidey thing at the t...

In GEAR » Latest, Lightest Solar Charges?
August 23, 11:01am

Carry in Alaska
Totally makes sense to me. I'm going to guess about a 4" barrel as a compromise between carryability and sight radius. Thanks; appreciate the info from someone who's there.

In GEAR » Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
August 22, 1:37pm

iPhone 5 off when charging to obviate need for external battery?
I have a folding 12W solar array and use a 12V automotive-plug-to-USB adapter (the 5V, 2.1A kind). I noted that it would charge my iPhone 5 directly, unless a cloud passed by, which would kick it ...

In GEAR » Latest, Lightest Solar Charges?
August 22, 1:29pm

Carry in Alaska
Dena, may I ask what firearm you carry? Just curious... Thanks.

In GEAR » Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
August 22, 1:18pm

Stainless 32 oz Nalgene
Sorry, this is a little off-topic. REI sez it'll have stainless wide-mouth 32-oz Nalgene bottles in April. While these may not be the lightest, can they be used to heat water, even directly o...

In GEAR » wide mouth plastic bottle options
April 01, 11:41am

All Reader Reviews by Lowell Mills

Lowell Mills has posted no reviews.