BPL Community Profile

Andrew Hickman (EastCoast315) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central New York State
About Me About to hit the road.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew Hickman

Showing 1 - 10 of 14 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Just how submersible is the Loksak OPsak?
I'll be living on a stretch of my uncle's land this summer, a few miles from the [dirt] road. Way out, no electricity, in a small shack. One of my biggest concerns is refrigeration of meat ...

In GEAR » Just how submersible is the Loksak OPsak?
April 23, 11:15am

re:
The thermarest Z-Lite is my favorite, I use it every night. $30, 14 oz, closed cell foam pad. Folds accordion style and is super comfy. Not so comfy on pavement or a wood floor, though.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad
March 05, 9:21pm

Update
Just a bit of an update; I think I solved the trekking pole issue. I've decided to go with the Mountain Laurel Designs Solomid. But instead of using a pole, I'm about to buy a Gossamer Gear...

In GEAR » MSR E-House?
March 05, 8:42pm

Re:
Excellent points made by all. The color is definitely going to be an issue, and I should have considered it. To the man who said a freestanding tent might serve me better for hard surfaces, I'm...

In GEAR » MSR E-House?
March 03, 3:17pm

Re:
What color is it?

In Gear Swap » FS: Tarptent Sublite
March 03, 1:55pm

MSR E-House?
Hey y'all. Seeking out some gear advice, I've come into some cash through seasonal employment, and I'm ready to revamp a couple aspects of my quivver. The first one that I'm in dire...

In GEAR » MSR E-House?
March 03, 9:56am

Re:FS: Jetboil System - NIB
I might be interested. The weight of the whole unit is 20 oz, correct?

In Gear Swap » FS: Jetboil System - NIB
May 23, 6:49pm

Hammock
I don't have the hyperlite, but I agree with the man who was down with Hennessey hammocks. I have the A-sym and its the best tent I've ever used

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
March 07, 7:44am

Re:
Same here! I love this place

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Totally Blown Away!
March 05, 4:55am

Re:
So people have scraps, sure, but where can you get it by the yard? I'd love a few yards of it

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to buy silnylon?
March 04, 11:51am

All Reader Reviews by Andrew Hickman

Andrew Hickman has posted no reviews.