BPL Community Profile

Thomas Glennon (Eagletrek007) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Thomas Glennon hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Thomas Glennon has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Thomas Glennon

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

I Guess We're All Pros!?!?
BLUF: If you don't like the review, then how about taking the time to do your own and educate us all. Secondly, I learned how to read and comprehend along time ago and while a comparison char...

In Editor's Roundtable » Top Ultralight Tent Review
April 16, 6:17pm

Out of character????
Glad to see an article on a GB axe. While an advocate of light weight backpacking and a LNT Master Educator it may seem strange that I can see the need for carrying an axe or a folding pack saw in...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 26, 5:15pm

Re: 'Turkey bags' Redux - reframe it into embracing tradition.
In keeping with Philmont's return to "tradition" I'm contemplating toting my Plumb three quarter axe with me during our 2014 trek. Just for looks you know!!!

In Philmont » freezer bag cooking
March 20, 1:13pm

Re: 'Turkey bags'
Sarah, Thanks for pointing out Philmont's new policy. It was just my luck that the 2013 Itinerary Guide was posted on-line just after I made my post. Glad to see that they included it ...

March 20, 1:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Freezer Bags
Hey Ranger Jake, Got it, no freezer bags. No debate needed, as you guyts are the "land manager". That said how about using your connections through Ranger channels and ensure that...

March 19, 8:14am

Re: Re: Looks cramped
Lastly, I'm really amazed about how many folks have opinions about an item they haven't really tried or at least seen in person. Before you go condemming something, check in out at your lo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Hardwear SuperMegaUL 2 SpotLite Review
March 09, 9:30am

Re: Looks cramped
Just trialed a Super Mega UL 2 last weekend. I'm 6'4", 238 lbs and had no problem with space or headroom at all. I bought this for my sons for an upcoming Philmont trek and I'm n...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Hardwear SuperMegaUL 2 SpotLite Review
March 09, 8:57am

RE: Newbie Question
Cozie pouches can be made from various items such as closed cell foam, craft foam or reflective bubble wrap by Reflectix. They can be sewn, taped, or glued together depending on the material you u...

In Editor's Roundtable » What a Beginner Needs for Backpacking
February 23, 9:28am

Nice Primer to Backpacking with Scouts
Tad, Thanks for the second installment. Had to laugh at the "bungee belt". Just went through "the wet jeans won't stay up" experience this past wet weekend. Still t...

In Editor's Roundtable » What a Beginner Needs for Backpacking
February 22, 12:00pm

No Cotton
Tad, Many thanks for the superb article. As an "attention to detail kinda guy" I couldn't help but notice from the photos that the "no cotton" advice is not strictly...

In Editor's Roundtable » What a Scout Needs for Backpacking
February 15, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Thomas Glennon

Thomas Glennon has posted no reviews.