BPL Community Profile

Timothy Davis (Davis2001r6) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sunny!
About Me I've lived in Phoenix for about 3 years, took up hiking then backpacking once I got here. Since then I've covered about a 1000 miles hiking, with 400+ being in the Grand Canyon. Since I was a new to the sport I bought basic gear, good stuff just always room for improvement, since then I've replaced everything at least once. Always trying to lighten the load.
CityPhoenix
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.arizonahikers.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Timothy Davis

Showing 1 - 10 of 23 | Page: 1 2 3

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Brett Balmer, follow up question
I love my lighthouse tent, I use mine as a solo tent 90% of the time so it is a castle for me. I live in AZ so don't have the humidity or east coast type rains most of the time, I haven't ...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Lighthouse
April 23, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Re: 60% off Granite Gear Virga
Main pack: Gregory Z-Pack Long trip pack: Gregory Reality Summer UL Pack: Z-2 from www.zpacks.com Old Summer UL: REI UL 45 Long Dayhike pack or lightweight overnight: Ulitmate Direction Warpsp...

In Gear Deals » 60% off Granite Gear Virga
January 29, 11:00am

Re: 60% off Granite Gear Virga
They only have one small left, to small for me though :( That was a great deal, but like a really needed a 6th pack

January 25, 11:03am

Re: 60% off Granite Gear Virga
Anyone order one of these? I submitted it tonight but will call in the morning to verify it went through.

January 24, 8:46pm

Big Sky
I haven't seen the new one yet, but just the fact that they could recommend the Big Sky tents as a best ultralight knowing the production issues they have turns me off.

In GEAR » Backpacker's "Gear Guide" just out
January 22, 3:21pm

Re: BD One Shot and MH Kiva Lite
Yes I have been looking forward to seeing the Black Diamond One Shot as well. Just read about it a few weeks ago. I love my Lighthouse and the side entry, but it's a bit big for 1 person. Th...

In GEAR » BD One Shot and MH Kiva Lite
January 19, 1:22pm

Re: Re: Best lightweight winter tent?
I go with a Black Diamond over any Big Sky tent, assuming you can even get one with the year plus waiting list with them. I love my lighthouse tent, I haven't had any weather that it couldn&...

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
January 09, 2:48pm

Re: FS: Montbell Thermawrap Parka(L)-- reduced to $120
Very interested, email on the way. -TIM-

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Thermawrap Parka(L)--$130/bo
January 08, 4:14pm

Re: fs: mont-bell thermawrap
-

In Gear Swap » fs: mont-bell thermawrap
January 08, 4:13pm

Re: Re: Re: shelter for sale
There didn't seem to be a lot of interest on here, so I put it up on E-bay, would like to get rid of it soon. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270063921601&ssPageName=STRK...

In Gear Swap » For Sale Big Agnes Sarvis SL1+ Event Tent
December 03, 9:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Timothy Davis

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I got together with some friends two years ago and we ordered about 10 tarptents from him, mostly Squal 2's. We worked with us for a discount and shipping as well. I had a side guyout get torn...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 18, 3:26pm

Black Diamond Lighthouse
I just love this tent. The thing is easy to set-up once you learn how. The poles go on the inside of the tent and attached with numerous strong velcro straps. It is very sturdy and hasn't budged in...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 06, 1:57pm

Black Diamond Lighthouse
I just love this tent. The thing is easy to set-up once you learn how. The poles go on the inside of the tent and attached with numerous strong velcro straps. It is very sturdy and hasn't budged in...

September 06, 1:56pm

Tarptent Squall
Living in Arizona you would think the Tarptent would work great here. Well not really, half the ground is rocky and the other half is sand. So getting a tight pitch can be a problem. Plus finding...

February 17, 12:07pm

Gregory Z-Pack
This is the perfect pack IMO. Works great for weekend up to a week if you pack well. Great for loads around 35lbs. It's durable, just the right size so you take what you need and don't overpack. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 16, 1:37pm

Gregory Reality
This a great backpack, good support, plenty of attachment point, good capacity, good weight for the quality. I've used it an many Grand Canyon trips and don't see any sign of wear on it. Good for ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 16, 1:33pm

MSR Pocket Rocket
I bought this stove used from a friend for $20. Even at $40 it's a great deal. I've used it in temps down to 20 degrees and as high as 90. Never had any problems in wind, if it is really gusty ...

In Stoves - Canister
February 16, 1:29pm